Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Harps sign Dylan Duncan, last with QPR.

https://finnharps.ie/finn-harps-sign-dylan-duncan/
    How is he available before July 1st? Every other signing I've seen so far hasn't been able to play till then.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    How is he available before July 1st? Every other signing I've seen so far hasn't been able to play till then.
    From looking him up, it appears he’s been without a club since leaving QPR in July 2021 so they may have been allowed to register him as he was a free agent? Unsure of the deadline for registering them but it’s the only possible solution I can think of
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Hard to find anything regarding registration rules for 2022 season but going on previous seasons if you were a free agent when the previous transfer window closed you could still sign/play a for LOI club at any time after the closure of the 1st transfer window. If you were registered with an Intermediate or Junior club you could sign/play for a LOI club from June. Anyone else who was registered with another LOI club or clubs from any other leagues can only play for their new LOI club from the transfer window opening from July

If that lad from Harps has come from UK and is playing from June it would indicate simply he had no club
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Cathal Heffernan signs for AC Milan from Cork permanently. Good luck to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Feyenoord tracking Sam Curtis,be great to see more of these moves and tbf they seem to be happening more and more,can’t expect the UK to develop our players any more….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Feyenoord tracking Sam Curtis,be great to see more of these moves and tbf they seem to be happening more and more,can’t expect the UK to develop our players any more….
    What a fantastic player. It is really great that the market for LOI players seems to widening, which should mean transfer fees should be increasing. It gives LOI clubs more power to get better deals.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Yeah Sam Curtis is a huge prospect and looks destined for a big move away. He was voted as Pats player of the Month for May. Scary that he only turns 17 in December!

Elsewhere in terms of Pats young lads, UK journalists are reporting that Josh Keeley is a done deal to Spurs on a 3 year deal and Luke McNally looks to be on the way to Burnley from Oxford as a Nathan Collins replacement for a fee of £1.75m which would see Pats earn €350k via the sell on clause.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Yeah Sam Curtis is a huge prospect and looks destined for a big move away. He was voted as Pats player of the Month for May. Scary that he only turns 17 in December!

Elsewhere in terms of Pats young lads, UK journalists are reporting that Josh Keeley is a done deal to Spurs on a 3 year deal and Luke McNally looks to be on the way to Burnley from Oxford as a Nathan Collins replacement for a fee of £1.75m which would see Pats earn €350k via the sell on clause.
    All great to see as a Pats fan. As well as being a serious talent Sam Curtis is also a beast of a lad for his age. Even facially he looks about 23. Adam Murphy will be the next player off the Pats conveyor belt from what I’ve seen of him. So unlucky with his injury.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    What is Ben Curtis like as a player lads and are there prospects of him going across the water?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Dundalk fielded 14 year old Luke Mulligan in the friendly against Larne Saturday. Supposedly he didnt look out of place either. It is great to see players go to clubs where technical ability rather than a physical presence is the focus, AC Milan, Feyenoord, Anderlecht, Borussia Monchengladbach, Dundalk, Inter, Udinese, Getafe, Seville, Stade de Reims, Wolfsburg, and 2 keepers at 2 of the current best sides in Europe.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    What do people make of this interview from UCD Manager Andy Myler ? Sounds like a man making his excuses in advance of possible departure? https://fb.watch/dN9SYZmLxM/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    He is circling the wagons for sure but I dont think there was much there to indicate he could leave. He might be deflecting responsibility of UCDs form like a manager that fears that a sacking is near hand. The persecution of UCD by refs is bordering on conspiracy theory rhetoric. Refs are consistent with all teams, often consistently bad. I'd hate to have to do a post match interview when incidents are fresh in the mind as ye could say anything in that moment. Myler looked quite calm there imo.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    I wonder is Andy behind the "LoI corruption" Twitter, which has all our soft penalties against as a pinned tweet?

https://twitter.com/FAIMadness/statu...d9_4ovT5Q&s=19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I wonder is Andy behind the "LoI corruption" Twitter, which has all our soft penalties against as a pinned tweet?

Whoever runs the page should have covered their tracks a bit better. Its clear that its an UCD fan with an axe to grind. They should have just called the page FAI Hates UCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

The first one there did look to be a nudge in the back so not extremely controversial though the shels player milked it. The last one the ball came off the arm and helped push the ball on in front getting it under some control, dunno if it was in the box and the ref looked initially that he was signaling for a free and then changed to pointing to the spot but ive lost track on the handball rule at this stage . The one against St Pats kinda reminded me of the John Cleary cup final penalty v Derry. Bohs one was a good tackle. For most though the footage isnt great to be certain ether way.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    What do people make of this interview from UCD Manager Andy Myler ? Sounds like a man making his excuses in advance of possible departure? https://fb.watch/dN9SYZmLxM/
    Based on the general tone of a good chunk of your posts here I suspect you wouldn't be broken hearted if he was to leave? Seeing him depart Belfield seems to be your driving football ambition (in the short-term at least)?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Based on the general tone of a good chunk of your posts here I suspect you wouldn't be broken hearted if he was to leave? Seeing him depart Belfield seems to be your driving football ambition (in the short-term at least)?
    Ah that's a tad harsh now, I've a good general interest across the league, but as a UCD fan, of course my posts will focus on goings on at my club. I'm not at all happy about the direction the club is taking, we were never a long ball team, never in all my 15+ years watching. I don't think he's a good manager at any level based on what ive seen, I think we probably fluked getting promoted last year, and just hate watching us play hit and hope most of the time. The irony being, when we try and play, we have proven we can do it. Recent goals v Pats and Harps show that. I don't recall us scoring from a long punt all season, so I'm even more confused. As to my driving ambition, I want to watch UCD playing the UCD way, so every second Friday at the Bowl brings me pleasure, not frustration. For what it's worth, I think Bray need to sack Devo also, and bring in some fresh blood.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Whoever runs the page should have covered their tracks a bit better. Its clear that its an UCD fan with an axe to grind. They should have just called the page FAI Hates UCD.
    That's hilarious, didn't know we had any fans other than me and Stu. We've had some soft ones for sure, but setting up a Twitter account to highlight them, he must be getting desperate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bowler View Post
    That's hilarious, didn't know we had any fans other than me and Stu. We've had some soft ones for sure, but setting up a Twitter account to highlight them, he must be getting desperate
    There are dozens of us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    https://www.sligorovers.com/bit-o-re...vadia-tallinn/

Sligo sign Estonian international Frank Liivak….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Page 87 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast