Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Wow, how did the Lino not see that https://twitter.com/luke_oriordan/st...672start%3D360

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidefx View Post
    Fair shoulder in my day
    Was it the shoulder or the crisp packet blowing across the pitch he fell over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Fair shoulder in my day
    Was it the shoulder or the crisp packet blowing across the pitch he fell over
    I don't think an elbow to the face was ever considered a fair shoulder - no matter how old you might be.

But sure...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Looks like a raised elbow from Finn to me and if so he should have gone but Kelly also raked his studs down the back of Finn's leg. You can see footage of it on Twitter if you're interested. Disgusting stuff. Raised his foot right up and stamped down with his studs. I don't know which happened first to be fair. Poor from both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Looks like a raised elbow from Finn to me and if so he should have gone but Kelly also raked his studs down the back of Finn's leg. You can see footage of it on Twitter if you're interested. Disgusting stuff. Raised his foot right up and stamped down with his studs. I don't know which happened first to be fair. Poor from both.
    Watched it numerous times and can’t see how you can claim that Finn raised his elbow… he was caught by Kelly on his blindside and shoved over and raked …. Whether or not Kelly was reacting to the earlier incident is immaterial and fail to see why Doyle gave a yellow to Finn… anyway it doesn’t matter now to us but may hurt Bohs as Kelly will be suspended for next round

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Watched it numerous times and can’t see how you can claim that Finn raised his elbow…

the thing at a 90 degree angle coming from the player on the right is called an elbow.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

the thing at a 90 degree angle coming from the player on the right is called an elbow.
    It’s very clear from the video that Kelly firstly rakes the back of Finn’s leg and then throws Finn down and as ( per your still) Finn falls and as is natural his right arm comes up to move outward to brace his fall , at no point does Finns arm/elbow make any contact with Kelly .

All your still shows is the gap between Finns arm and Kelly ; if Finn did make contact with a deliberate elbow as you claim ; surely you would of posted a ‘still’ showing that rather than one that doesn’t ? Or perhaps you’ll explain it by suggesting there was a second elbow on the grassy knoll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I don't think finn elbowed him he went down like a guy that was shouldered, he didn't go down clutching his head which these days is a given if he was elbowed in the head.
    Doesn't matter anyway no one injured and both sent off ultimately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    It’s very clear from the video that Kelly firstly rakes the back of Finn’s leg and then throws Finn down and as ( per your still) Finn falls and as is natural his right arm comes up to move outward to brace his fall , at no point does Finns arm/elbow make any contact with Kelly .

All your still shows is the gap between Finns arm and Kelly ; if Finn did make contact with a deliberate elbow as you claim ; surely you would of posted a ‘still’ showing that rather than one that doesn’t ? Or perhaps you’ll explain it by suggesting there was a second elbow on the grassy knoll
    Your talking about the wrong incident ,that still is from Finn barging Kelly which I presume led to Kelly losing the plot…

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Finn went in hard and high with his shoulder on Kelly and then threw his elbow up as a bit of afters. Didnt connect with the elbow. But definitely threw his elbow up. Its plain as day.

They both ended up getting red cards, both well deserved. Its the derby FFS. No angels on either side.

13. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Ignoring the elbow/shoulder from Finn (although to say shoulder is a very generous interpretation) as it's before this passage of play - it was before, I would say that Finn deserved at least a second yellow.
    The rake/stamp CJ are speaking about isn't fully clear from the video- I would expect finn to make more of a meal of it if it was. Either way, ref/lino didn't see it so it ranks alongside Finn's "shoulder", not seen/not given. The throw of finn to the ground? Free out if anything, but not seen/not given.
    The tackle that took Kelly out and seemed to take out his standing leg?
    By my view, penalty & second yellow at least. Again, Doyle didn't see or give it.
    Moving on. Ball hits crossbar, "tackle" on Georgie's standing leg, ball skied over the bar.
    Georgie (facing away from Finn) hits the ground in frustration (at no penalty? Who knows) Finn gets up and swings left arm into his back/right hand into midriff/groin. Kelly reacted, didnt see the strike clearly, but I can't really argue with red - Finn definitely earned a 2nd yellow or straight red for striking Kelly while on the ground.

Finn had three separate occasions in the space of a few minutes. It seems a tad blinkered from Rovers fans to suggest that he didn't deserve any of them.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    Ignoring the elbow/shoulder from Finn (although to say shoulder is a very generous interpretation) as it's before this passage of play - it was before, I would say that Finn deserved at least a second yellow.
    The rake/stamp CJ are speaking about isn't fully clear from the video- I would expect finn to make more of a meal of it if it was. Either way, ref/lino didn't see it so it ranks alongside Finn's "shoulder", not seen/not given. The throw of finn to the ground? Free out if anything, but not seen/not given.
    The tackle that took Kelly out and seemed to take out his standing leg?
    By my view, penalty & second yellow at least. Again, Doyle didn't see or give it.
    Moving on. Ball hits crossbar, "tackle" on Georgie's standing leg, ball skied over the bar.
    Georgie (facing away from Finn) hits the ground in frustration (at no penalty? Who knows) Finn gets up and swings left arm into his back/right hand into midriff/groin. Kelly reacted, didnt see the strike clearly, but I can't really argue with red - Finn definitely earned a 2nd yellow or straight red for striking Kelly while on the ground.

Finn had three separate occasions in the space of a few minutes. It seems a tad blinkered from Rovers fans to suggest that he didn't deserve any of them.
    Fair enough , I don’t have access to review the whole sequence of play but take your comments as being accurate….. for what it’s worth when watching it live my initial feeling was that you should of been awarded a peno…. So on the day I was happy to settle for Finn getting a red

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    At the same time Kelly throwing Finn to the ground before Tierney hit the crossbar could have resulted in a free out, if seen.
    At the time I thought that Doyle pointed to the spot after the final shot over the bar, regardless of the sending off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Think there's a bit of confusion here as to the order of events and maybe a few thinking the rakestamp by Kelly happened at the same time as the shoulderbow by Finn. They were two separate incidents. I don't know which happened first and haven't (and probably won't) subject myself to a second viewing of the game to check. Both were fouls although I generally think a clatter of a shoulder is a lot less dangerous than the stamp/rake Kelly attempted on Finn. He may not have connected as if he had I think it would have done serious damage but he certainly did enough to take Finn down. I think SkStu has the right interpretation of Finn's barge on Kelly. He goes in with the shoulder and the elbow comes up as they separate. If it happened in GAA it'd be called a good hit. Not saying it wasn't a foul in the beautiful game though.

Doesn't matter now anyway. It was a fiery derby that Bohs won fair and square and I don't know if Finn staying on would have changed much. Over to Rovers now to sort out a few issues and keeping winning in the league. Good luck to (almost) everyone else in the cup. Feel it's Boh's year but hopefully one of the rest of you can stop them getting their grubby mitts on it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Good to see that we won't get another Rovers-Dundalk (or even Cork-Dundalk) final again this year.

Given Dundalk's recent league form, I'd be surprised if they even got to the final. Would be good to see 2 new(ish) teams contesting it for a change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I wish they’d hurry up and make the draw, rather than slot it in when the get a minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    UCD v Waterford
    St Pats v Wexford
    Finn Harps v Dundalk
    Bohemian v Maynooth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlay Harp View Post
    UCD v Waterford
    St Pats v Wexford
    Finn Harps v Dundalk
    Bohemian v Maynooth.
    Nice!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidefx View Post
    Nice!
    Can see Harps beating Dundalk for starters think its going to be their year even though I would like Bohs to do well considering I have close friends that support them.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Can see Harps beating Dundalk for starters think its going to be their year even though I would like Bohs to do well considering I have close friends that support them.
    Jesus Christ Marty.. don't be saying stuff like that. We're going to get beat by Dundalk are we're going to be relegated..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

25. Thanks From:

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast