Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Harry Kane out for the rest of the season.

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Agree there should be caution about Parrott. No crystal ball to know how he will develop but right now I would personally have him ahead of Robbie Keane talent-wise at the same age. I think Parrott truly has the potential to make it at a top side, but there’s obviously a lot of things that can go wrong as well at such a tender age. Time will tell. For me, Robbie was a very good player but not exceptional. His goal scoring record of 0.47 goals per game in international games is certainly impressive and will take some beating. But he wasn’t a top striker. He failed at Inter Milan and Liverpool, and played for a very average Spurs side at the time. Parrott has the talent to establish himself at a top side, something Robbie never succeeded in doing.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    He is due a book!

5. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Obviously Troy is not Robbie but he has a similar attitude, strength and confidence which are mental attributes not football technical abilities.
    Stokes is not relevant is he? Why can we not enjoy a talented player like Troy starting out as teenager with so much promise.
    He may break a leg and then the other leg, he might turn into a stalker, beat up bouncers and end up playing in Mongolia (2nd division) but really there's a greater chance he might not end up going down that road.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Why can we not enjoy a talented player like Troy starting out as teenager with so much promise.
    Mainly because Paul wants to lay the foundations for another 'I told ye so' in a couple of years.

9. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Nowhere to be seen today despite Spurs having no fit striker. Mourinho just not fancy him ? He has started another youth player (Tanganga) in defence.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    In fairness, Tanganga is almost a full 3 years older than Troy. It doesn't imply a trust in youth or a distrust in Troy to me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Yeah fair enough didn’t realise that age difference. Agreed that not featuring at home to Liverpool doesn’t really imply any lack of trust in Parrott.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Any news on Troy, just asking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Previous concerns posted here about Mourinho are justified. He's not an advocate of the Spurs philiosophy and there is a profile for the type of player Mourinho favours. Parrott is quintessentially a Spurs type of player. Not sure a happy medium can be found. But then again, not sure Mourinho will be a long lasting appointment for Spurs. His stock is down following the United years, Spurs brought him in to get results. Results are not forthcoming and Mourinho has effectively devalued the squad since his arrival - Mourinho has downgraded the Spurs squad to mid-table mediocre when at the season start they were seen as the squad closest to Liverpool and City in terms of quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IFK101
    Previous concerns posted here about Mourinho are justified. He's not an advocate of the Spurs philiosophy and there is a profile for the type of player Mourinho favours. Parrott is quintessentially a Spurs type of player. Not sure a happy medium can be found. But then again, not sure Mourinho will be a long lasting appointment for Spurs. His stock is down following the United years, Spurs brought him in to get results. Results are not forthcoming and Mourinho has effectively devalued the squad since his arrival - Mourinho has downgraded the Spurs squad to mid-table mediocre when at the season start they were seen as the squad closest to Liverpool and City in terms of quality.
    That's a really good summary. I'd agree with that completely. He's not gotten a bounce since he went there, nevermind a bounce that turned into a roll.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    “We don’t have another one – there is not a striker in the squad,” Mourinho said. “We have only one, he is not fit; we don’t have another one. You know that you cannot play like we normally play when Harry Kane is not in the team. The only thing I can tell you is that, of course, we cannot do the same way [as we do] with Harry.”

I keep saying it but even at the age of 17, if I was Parrott Id be annoyed about that comment.

He didnt play for the Spurs U23s today again either so its hard to know where they see him
    Last edited by Razors left peg; 13/01/2020 at 9:16 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    To me it appears Parrott is being used as a pawn by Mourinho to pressure the board in order to bring in new strikers. He’s publicly dismissing Parrott and is afraid of giving him a decent chance in case Parrott will produce. Parrott is 18 in just over 2 weeks, this is his time to be thrown into adult football and see what he’s made off. Parrott is definitely ****ed off in private for sure

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    “We don’t have another one – there is not a striker in the squad,” Mourinho said. “We have only one, he is not fit; we don’t have another one. You know that you cannot play like we normally play when Harry Kane is not in the team. The only thing I can tell you is that, of course, we cannot do the same way [as we do] with Harry.”

I keep saying it but even at the age of 17, if I was Parrott Id be annoyed about that comment.

He didnt play for the Spurs U23s today again either so its hard to know where they see him
    Mourinho is what he is and the chances of Mourinho relying on a 17/ 18 yearly Parrot are slim to nil . As usual Mourinho can’t even do this stuff in a respectful way .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Mourinho is what he is and the chances of Mourinho relying on a 17/ 18 yearly Parrot are slim to nil . As usual Mourinho can’t even do this stuff in a respectful way .
    Mourinho is what he is, but thats my problem with him he will never change and he will never want to play a 17/18 year old. And he doesnt even try to develop players and spent his time at United bitching and moaning about having to play young players even in preseason. There is a way of handling these things and I saying there is no striker at the club when you have a kid who is on the verge of a breakthrough definitely does help.

Im sounding like a broken record at this stage, but I just hope he gets some minutes against Boro in the cup and does well.

21. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Has to start tonight surely....

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/st...349954560?s=19

Nope, didn't even make the bench. He's finished.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Never expected him to start but very disappointing he hasn't made the bench.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    There is a 17 year old defender Cirkin on the bench for Spurs, it does make you wonder whats going on behind the scenes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Cirkin was born in Dublin, but he's playing for England at the moment. Think he qualifies for Slovakia through his parents as well.

27. Thanks From:

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast