Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup games

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Jesus wept, I was takin the pi$$.... 🙃🙃.
    Does no-one have a sense of humour anymore..🤪

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Post seems a bit random PC even for you!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Sorry, yeah I was referring to the bohs semi final/ final thingy a couple of pages ago..😀

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Sorry, yeah I was referring to the bohs semi final/ final thingy a couple of pages ago..😀
    The drugs DO work 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    After watching Dundalk players fall to the ground unchallenged again last night it's hard to believe there's not one referee in the league who hasn't been conned by them over the last few seasons. Even pundits who normally wouldn't mention it are starting to comment on the 'soft' free kicks they win. Been happening since Kenny took over and has got progressively worse, but still refs don't have the balls to stop it. While Sligo won't cause them any problems in the semi, I hope Rovers or Bohs can put it up to them in the final.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Agreed Hurling themselves to the ground with an exagerated cryof pain mustbe part of their training routine.Noticed that the refs didn't buy it in their Euro games, works for them in this league though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
    After watching Dundalk players fall to the ground unchallenged again last night it's hard to believe there's not one referee in the league who hasn't been conned by them over the last few seasons. Even pundits who normally wouldn't mention it are starting to comment on the 'soft' free kicks they win. Been happening since Kenny took over and has got progressively worse, but still refs don't have the balls to stop it. While Sligo won't cause them any problems in the semi, I hope Rovers or Bohs can put it up to them in the final.
    I think we're in a much better run of form then Bohs at the moment but would be short odds on a Dundalk Shams final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    I think we're in a much better run of form then Bohs at the moment but would be short odds on a Dundalk Shams final
    Cup football and all that of course, it would still be a shock though.
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Both Dundalk and shams away in semis. Two full houses guaranteed and hopping atmosphere. Wouldn’t be too sure on either result, should be two (or more) cracking games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Dry your eyes Stephen. We don't win trophies because we are the best at play acting we win because we're the best at everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Dry your eyes Stephen. We don't win trophies because we are the best at play acting we win because we're the best at everything
    No argument about the players' ability. But there's no point denying the fact that your players are encouraged to dive/fall to the ground and have been since Kenny took over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    No argument about the players' ability. But there's no point denying the fact that your players are encouraged to dive/fall to the ground and have been since Kenny took over.
    Plenty of point. Show me the proof and then prove that other teams don't do it. I'll wait....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Plenty of point. Show me the proof and then prove that other teams don't do it. I'll wait....
    I think Dundalk are far better at the "dark arts" than other LOI teams. Whether that is the experience acquired from serial winning or something they are "coached in" I'm less sure. In a game often decided by small margins Dundalk do eek out every drop of advantage, most successful teams do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    You'd swear that the 'dark arts' are new to the league. There was significant debate on how Seanie Maguire used to creatively 'win' penalties, not by diving but catching a trailing foot or checking a run so a chasing defender would barge in to the back. Rafa Cretaro was one of the cutest hoors for winning frees from nothing. It's grown it to the game to a greater extent all over the world. With exposure to playing in Europe it hardly surprising that players pick up such game management techniques. It may be a scourge on the spectacle of a game if its spoiling but nothing is stopping other clubs from adding it to the array of tactics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Wouldn't help our league but the var in the UK are missing a huge PR opportunity considering the negative stuff about VAR , dive = automatic 2 game ban, problem solved overnight.
    All the technology is being applied to correct bad mistakes by ref but missing an opportunity to do something positive for the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    I can only go by what I see, can't we all? If by proof you mean yellow cards then I can't, which is my point, that refs let them away with it. Of course there are times when a player from other clubs do it. But with Dundalk it seems that every player will try it. Not just now but serial divers like O'Donnell and Meenan to name but two from the past. Nobody is saying Dundalk aren't good footballers, they obviously are. But it's silly to say they don't dive a lot when everyone can see they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    You'd swear that the 'dark arts' are new to the league. There was significant debate on how Seanie Maguire used to creatively 'win' penalties, not by diving but catching a trailing foot or checking a run so a chasing defender would barge in to the back. Rafa Cretaro was one of the cutest hoors for winning frees from nothing. It's grown it to the game to a greater extent all over the world. With exposure to playing in Europe it hardly surprising that players pick up such game management techniques. It may be a scourge on the spectacle of a game if its spoiling but nothing is stopping other clubs from adding it to the array of tactics.
    Nobody said it was "new" or unique to Dundalk, simply that they seem more adept at it than any other LOI team - which is clearly fair comment.
    BTW calling it "game management" doesn't make it any less cheating 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    So Crumlin v Bohs tonight, assuming Bohs beat Crumlin and we are due to play them on Friday the 27th do we put a full strength team out on Monday in Dundalk, risking tiredness injuries and suspensions and then play Bohs on Friday minus a couple or go with a second string?
    Even if we went up to Dundalk and won (assuming we both win this Friday) DFC would be 7 points clear with 4 games remaining and with the run they are on that is game over.
    I suspect they will go with a strong team which is daft in my opinion and will look even dafter if we pick up injuries etc.
    Maybe Pats will do us a favour and win Friday to make it academic.
    If by any miricle Crumlin beat bohs my opinion wouldn't change re playing a strong team on Monday, a cup semi final is a cup semi final and the league is done and dusted...
    What do other Rovers supporters think?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    I can only go by what I see, can't we all? If by proof you mean yellow cards then I can't, which is my point, that refs let them away with it. Of course there are times when a player from other clubs do it. But with Dundalk it seems that every player will try it. Not just now but serial divers like O'Donnell and Meenan to name but two from the past. Nobody is saying Dundalk aren't good footballers, they obviously are. But it's silly to say they don't dive a lot when everyone can see they do.
    O Donnell learned all the diving at Rovers, sure he has all Pats players in the pool once a week practising their dives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    So just your biased opinion then. We'll leave it at that

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast