Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2018

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    3,000 empty seats last night according to the official figure.!!!
    Yeah, Bohs fault we were diddled.Thought the days of having an away club observer at every turnstile days were gone.
    The stand Bohs were in holds close to 2,800. Bohs were taking up two sections and a third was covered off. The sections arent exactly even but lets say they each hold 580. Those three sections would hold ~ 1680. Bohs brought ~700 so thats almost 1000 empty seats right away. The other two sections had a few hundred in them at most. Say 300. Thats another 700 empty. We're at 1700 empty seats just in the St. Annes end.
    The attendance was ~4,100. The stadium holds 6,900.
    If we assume that my estimate of 1700 empty seats in the St. Annes is roughly correct then we only need to find 1100 empty seats in the other three stands.
    The family enclousure was mostly empty last night. At least the block in the corner was. Thats ~100 seats. The top block or two in the Derrynane was empty. Thats another 200 or so. I'm not sure what the individual sections hold there, the stand as a whole holds 100.
    Without even looking at the body of those two stands and the Shed we're already at ~2000 empty seats. I only need to find another 800 and I'm confident I could do that if I had photos of the crowd last night.

The world isn't out to get you. You aren't being screwed. The fact that your club thinks our club would screw you out of a few thousand euro says a lot more about your club than it does ours.
    Last edited by El-Pietro; 09/10/2018 at 6:15 PM.

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    The stand Bohs were in holds close to 2,800. Bohs were taking up two sections and a third was covered off. The sections arent exactly even but lets say they each hold 580. Those three sections would hold ~ 1680. Bohs brought ~700 so thats almost 1000 empty seats right away. The other two sections had a few hundred in them at most. Say 300. Thats another 700 empty. We're at 1700 empty seats just in the St. Annes end.
    If we assume that my estimate of 1700 empty seats in the St. Annes is roughly correct then we only need to find 1100 empty seats in the other three stands.
    The family enclousure was mostly empty last night. At least the block in the corner was. Thats ~100 seats. The top block or two in the Derrynane was empty. Thats another 200 or so. I'm not sure what the individual sections hold there, the stand as a whole holds 100.
    Without even looking at the body of those two stands and the Shed we're already at ~2000 empty seats. I only need to find another 800 and I'm confident I could do that if I had photos of the crowd last night.

The world isn't out to get you. You aren't being screwed. The fact that your club thinks our club would screw you out of a few thousand euro says a lot more about your club than it does ours.
    And still no-one can answer the obvious question - why would the FAI agree to screw itself out of money ? They agreed with the attendance figure, and they receive a percentage of it.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts

Yeah but just give us more money.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    The Bohs fans outrage at money beings token from them is hilarious. Clearly zero concept of judging crowds at the Cross (udnerstandly) but utterly convinced and indignant regardless.

Get over yourselves. The crowd was what was called out. You are simply wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Cork's win last night means Waterford qualify for next year's Europa League so big excitement from Blues fans at final whistle as well. Some fans watched the game in Norris bar which is the main supporters bar and cheered Cork for first time ever. Phones were busy after with social media and text messages celebrating European qualification and guessing what country we'll be travelling to next summer.
    Everyone seems confident that there will be no issue being allowed play in the competition.

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Cork's win last night means Waterford qualify for next year's Europa League so big excitement from Blues fans at final whistle as well. Some fans watched the game in Norris bar which is the main supporters bar and cheered Cork for first time ever. Phones were busy after with social media and text messages celebrating European qualification and guessing what country we'll be travelling to next summer.
    Everyone seems confident that there will be no issue being allowed play in the competition.
    Do you know what this confidence is based on/rooted in ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Congratulations to Waterford, though the Cork/Blues love-in has already gone too far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    I really hope Cork win the cup,the nonsense about they're style of play is tedious and beyond pointless,there's more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Do you know what this confidence is based on/rooted in ?
    The new owner paid off all debts of the previous holding company when he took over so it's not a case of a club winding up leaving a load of debts and starting again. Also the change from Waterford United to Waterford Fc and new crest was a rebranding rather than new club in the owner's words.This is what I've read from people in the know at the club.Lee Power is a shrewd businessman so I don't think he would have allowed a situation develop that would prevent Waterford playing in Europe and missing out on UEFA money when they qualified on the field.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    The stand Bohs were in holds close to 2,800. Bohs were taking up two sections and a third was covered off. The sections arent exactly even but lets say they each hold 580. Those three sections would hold ~ 1680. Bohs brought ~700 so thats almost 1000 empty seats right away.
    A 1,000 seat security void for 700 fans? The Gardai in Cork must be really difficult to talk to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    When grounds aren't full the crowd is always less than people imagine.
    People sit with spaces between them, and a seats with no one sitting in them are obscured by the people in front.
    From a distance a stand can be half empty and look full, hence the constant doubt of figures at different matches all season.
    I sincerely doubt Cork decided to screw Bohs out of a few bob, between Keith Longs barbs and this BS it looks a bit petty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Apologies, hard to tell if a Cork fan would know what a decent game of football looks like anymore 😉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I really hope Cork win the cup,the nonsense about they're style of play is tedious and beyond pointless,there's more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes!
    I'm shocked a Harps fan could have any empathy for a kick and rush and kick anything in front of you style of football 😱

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Sheppard is a good player and a great servant to Cork but he gets a serious free pass from Cork fans. He shopped himself to Cork's main rivals and requested that nothing be said about it until he had left. I would not be too accepting of that from a Dundalk player. That his plans were outed and he hence changed is mind and the controversy at the time seems to have distracted away from him being quite underhanded about a move. If he was a chap of complete integrity he'd have told his manager that he was faced with a family issue and may have to move clubs. The opporrtunity to point at Kenny's poor attempt at mind games has disguised Sheppard's role in that affair. Not positive trait for a clubs player to have.
    If Kenny was a "chap of complete integrity" he'd have kept his mouth shut about it instead of throwing shep to the dogs to try gain a slight edge but don't take off those rose tinted glasses dundalk fans like to put on when their club does anything questionable.

A player wanting to move to be closer to family while also wanting it kept quite to not disrupt his current team's preparation or harm his chances of playing, yeah your right what an awful person.

20. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    The new owner paid off all debts of the previous holding company when he took over so it's not a case of a club winding up leaving a load of debts and starting again. Also the change from Waterford United to Waterford Fc and new crest was a rebranding rather than new club in the owner's words.This is what I've read from people in the know at the club.Lee Power is a shrewd businessman so I don't think he would have allowed a situation develop that would prevent Waterford playing in Europe and missing out on UEFA money when they qualified on the field.
    I'm not sure that addresses the fundamental issue though.

UEFA have a rule that new clubs can't play in Europe for 3yrs. So whether debt was repaid or not is irrelevant - it all comes down to whether the current Waterford is a different club than the old.

In that regard, the new name and badge may just have been a 'rebranding' exercise - but in conjunction with a new company it could indeed be considered a new club.

I think the ultimate decision on this may be a delegated one - in which case it would be left to the FAI to decide. I'd be surprised if John Delaney did anything to hinder Waterford in this regard. And he has form regarding Derry City's participation in Europe post its last crash too.

As for Lee Power being a shrewd businessman and not allowing a situation which prevented Waterford playing in Europe - it's possible that he may not have realised. Or even if he did, you have to assume he's in it for the medium to long term. In which case, the risk of losing out on Europe for one year was probably not of a scale to make the entire project unappealing.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Could the FAI really simply make a decision on that matter?

You'd wonder why they didn't let Derry play a few years back for the same reason then.

I would be surprised if the FAI can decide which of UEFA's rules they will/won't apply.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    If there is a new holding company in place since the takeover, then I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA considers Waterford FC as a new club. Maybe it would be advisable for whoever gets 5th place to also apply for a UEFA licence. Just in case...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I'm a Bohs fan and thought there was a few more at the game myself but then again that probably stemmed from the fact I was in a packed section and looking at 3/4 of the stadium that seemed quite full. I don't think we got the best perspective of the overall attendance. No conspiracy here on my part anyway.

I don't think it was a penalty in Dalyer but I don't think the FAI are out to get us.

It's peculiar how Cork and Dundalk can avoid each other every round for 4 years but there is a 7% chance of it happening which doesn't exactly scream fix.

Not sure where the paranoia from Bohs fans is coming from tbh. Don't tar us all with the same brush

Similarly, I think Keith Long's comments weren't in a bitter tone as was suggested. He did say Cork were quite good at what they do and they were expecting it. Cork did play good stuff on the ground but it's not unfair to say Cork hit route one a lot.

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    I'm shocked a Harps fan could have any empathy for a kick and rush and kick anything in front of you style of football ��
    Im not shocked that its a Dundalk fan talking about it again....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    A 1,000 seat security void for 700 fans? The Gardai in Cork must be really difficult to talk to.
    They can be an absolute pain in the ass. But the middle section was just covered by a temporary crowd cover thing. If the game had sold out, they'd have rolled that back once the other areas had sold out, leaving just the green covered seats as segregation. When there's fewer fans, they go with extra de facto segregation.

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast