Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Transfers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Dundalk also announced Marco Tagbajumi left the club today, he was on a 12 month contract. He was popular as a cult figure amongst the shed side and I`m sure he tried his best, but he was never up to the standard in my view. Although I repeat a previous post, his performance away to Rovers in the earlier season league game offered real hope he would be a very useful addition, that never seemed to be materialise and he was used less and less.

Scored 2 league goals I read earlier, one was a winner 2-0 v Waterford at home.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    eh that's not what I said at all , just that they weren't on 3k a week which I doubt anyone on the league is on but don't let what I actually said interfere with what you want to say I said
    How's them lemons ?
    Lemons ? WTF are you on ? (not 3 grand a week ) watts was never staying at Dalymount - it was a short term loan arrangement. Why the hell would I care what shams latest money wasting scheme is ? Fourth place never cost so much, I just find it hilarious you spoofing Watts reason for joining shams was anything other than money. One of your fellow deniers isn't even aware of Finns arrangement with Pepper (or pretends it doesn't exist).

Hopefully watts can follow the trend set by Lopez and Byrne - 3 times the wages for half the player

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Big shock this one- Stephen Kenny leaves by mutual consent.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

4. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Defence really isn't much of a problem, iv'e been more impressed with Boyle that I was with Madden he offers a lot more. Grace is one of the best center backs in the league
    Boyle > Madden is a mad claim

'Tis interesting how 2 Rovers fans see Boyle and Grace in very different ways

Quote Originally Posted by Park_Lane View Post
    Grace has not been in the best of form but is still a very decent CD. Ally G will be released come end of season. Not convinced on Boyle either but has had a fair few decent games of late. A decent right back is a priority.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Lemons ? WTF are you on ? (not 3 grand a week ) watts was never staying at Dalymount - it was a short term loan arrangement. Why the hell would I care what shams latest money wasting scheme is ? Fourth place never cost so much, I just find it hilarious you spoofing Watts reason for joining shams was anything other than money. One of your fellow deniers isn't even aware of Finns arrangement with Pepper (or pretends it doesn't exist).

Hopefully watts can follow the trend set by Lopez and Byrne - 3 times the wages for half the player
    I know who finn works for, its not Pepper.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Jesus Christ man it's no secret the club helped get finn a job but it's not with pepper.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

How is very decent "very different" to one of the best in the league, its pretty much the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

This really is hilarious for a man who doesn't care
    My fellow denier is right by the way Ronan Finn does not have a part time job (or any for that matter) with Pepper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

people often disagree on players, I think McEleney is a super player and would have loved to have signed him but I know plenty of people who think he is a luxury flat track bully. its horses for courses

On the Boyle to Madden thing I would have Boyle every day over Madden and ive seen a lot of both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Grace has bags of potential, he showed it last year after he transferred in. Has been short of form this year but its obvious he has the talent. I suppose not having a regular central defense partner to gel with might explain it somewhat.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    As good as Madden is at running up and down the line he can't cross a ball. Its an easy choice for me to pick Boyle ahead of him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    As good as Madden is at running up and down the line he can't cross a ball. Its an easy choice for me to pick Boyle ahead of him.
    You've actually nailed it there , he always looked good flying up the wing and saw a lot of the ball before Clarke came in but i got tired of the lack of end product in terms of assists and also the odd goal or two.
    i actually think he scored 1 goal in 4 years although it was a great last minute winner against Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    How is very decent "very different" to one of the best in the league, its pretty much the same thing.
    Fine by me if that is how you see it, but I think " not been in the best of form but is still a very decent CB" is a long way removed from "one of the best center backs in the league"

In my opinion the top five centre backs in the league are to be found among these players at Cork and Dundalk:

• Sean Hoare
    • Brian Gartland
    • Dan Cleary
    • Sean McLaughlin
    • Alan Bennett
    • Damian Delaney (TBC)

Examples of "decent" centre backs in my view are

• Kyle McFadden
    • Aaron Barry
    • Dave Webster
    • Rob Cornwall
    • Lee Grace
    • Dan Casey

"Decent" teams compete for top half finishes and maybe manage a Europa place. The best in the league challenge for and win trophies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Fine by me if that is how you see it, but I think " not been in the best of form but is still a very decent CB" is a long way removed from "one of the best center backs in the league"

In my opinion the top five centre backs in the league are to be found among these players at Cork and Dundalk:

• Sean Hoare
    • Brian Gartland
    • Dan Cleary
    • Sean McLaughlin
    • Alan Bennett
    • Damian Delaney (TBC)

• Kyle McFadden
    • Aaron Barry
    • Dave Webster
    • Rob Cornwall
    • Lee Grace
    • Dan Casey

"Decent" teams compete for top half finishes and maybe manage a Europa place. The best in the league challenge for and win trophies
    I would put grace ahead of all of the the top 5 u have picked , but like I said horses for courses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I would put grace ahead of all of the the top 5 u have picked , but like I said horses for courses
    Which one of the 6 I listed would you rank ahead of Grace?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Which one of the 6 I listed would you rank ahead of Grace?
    I assumed you were excluding Delaney with the TBC. personally I don't think he has anything to prove as an ex international the only thing that might mitigate against him is age.
    Of the others Gartland and Bennett are on the way out while Grace is a young guy who has great potential to improve and is already excellent.
    The others are all very good but its hard to separate players , are they better than Kevin Toner??
    I'm happy with Grace over the 6 (or 5 I thought) you had. I'm sure you will disagree but then like I said about McEleney earlier people disagree that's football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I'll try to gracefully exit this thread now, with the mad notion ringing in my ear - not just is Lee Grace among the best centre backs in the country, but at least one Rovers fan has actually elevated him to be the very best centre back currently playing in the league!

Nothing queerer than folks opinions on their own clubs players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    indeed that is very true , you do tend to prove that a lot
    to be fair I said its hard to separate players and id have Grace over the others its hardly me saying he is the new Paul McGrath just I don't see much difference beween your list (I would exclude Gartland and Bennet for the same reason I assume you put the TBC against Delaney)

which side do u come down on re McEleney ..excellent player or McEleney flat track bully / luxury player?
    Last edited by sbgawa; 09/07/2018 at 4:22 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Do i really have to break down for you that still very decent when out of form means theyre better when they're in form?

• Sean Hoare
    • Brian Gartland
    • Dan Cleary
    • Sean McLaughlin
    • Alan Bennett
    • Damian Delaney (TBC)

• Kyle McFadden
    • Aaron Barry
    • Dave Webster
    • Rob Cornwall
    • Lee Grace
    • Dan Casey

To have some of those 6 above Grace is delusional too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Dundalk also announced Marco Tagbajumi left the club today, he was on a 12 month contract. He was popular as a cult figure amongst the shed side and I`m sure he tried his best, but he was never up to the standard in my view. Although I repeat a previous post, his performance away to Rovers in the earlier season league game offered real hope he would be a very useful addition, that never seemed to be materialise and he was used less and less.

Scored 2 league goals I read earlier, one was a winner 2-0 v Waterford at home.
    Talk of him coming to Richmond , doesn't sound like the cure to our goals problem from what you've said.

Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast