Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The John Delaney Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    I dont mind admitting i sent her a few tweets, not anything nasty, but from her page its obvious John the Baptist uses it as a defacto twitter account for himself, since he has no account or fbook page, and with the constant barrage in the Indo I think its fair game tbh
    Well, just tweets are fine. She's on Twitter, after all, and is, like St. John, more than happy to publicise herself and their relationship (in spite of her talk of it being a private thing). In fact, I see she's been really promoting his case since: https://twitter.com/EmmakEnglish

Abuse is a different matter entirely though.

I understand those who posted the abuse on YBIG were also banned by a moderator immediately.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    irrelevant posts on nationalist and loyalist songs moved to the current affairs forum here - http://foot.ie/threads/196215-Debate...yalist-anthems
    Continue the debate there if you want

This is the third time I've posted this in the last few hours - discussion on Delaney singing Joe McDonnell, and its repercussions, in this thread is fine. Debate on the genre of nationalist and loyalist songs is not

I won't make a fourth warning.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 27/11/2014 at 5:07 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Nasty or not, are you proud of that? Whatever about Delaney, the woman has done nothing wrong yet she's being judged as culpable as her partner for what's gone on over the last few weeks
    Have a look down through the list of messages she's received over the last few days here: https://twitter.com/search?q=to%3AEmmaKEnglish
    Again, this woman has done nothing wrong, and certainly nothing that deserves some of those comments
    Nothing abusive, but if the head of football in the country hides away from any serious debate with fans of the game then so be it. Even series journalists find it hard to nail him down these days.
    Cant on the one hand court the media etc and on the other cry when it comes back and bites you on the ass. The faux outrage is nauseating. I thought he was a die hard republican

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Nothing abusive, but if the head of football in the country hides away from any serious debate with fans of the game then so be it. Even series journalists find it hard to nail him down these days.
    Cant on the one hand court the media etc and on the other cry when it comes back and bites you on the ass. The faux outrage is nauseating. I thought he was a die hard republican
    What's the point messaging his girlfriend though?

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    What's the point messaging his girlfriend though?
    He uses that account

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Ah would you go away? It's clearly her and he just likes talking about him. Delaney couldn't operate a bloody calculator let alone a twitter account.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    We're going to need to know what you said Benno

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Nasty or not, are you proud of that? Whatever about Delaney, the woman has done nothing wrong yet she's being judged as culpable as her partner for what's gone on over the last few weeks
    Have a look down through the list of messages she's received over the last few days here: https://twitter.com/search?q=to%3AEmmaKEnglish
    Again, this woman has done nothing wrong, and certainly nothing that deserves some of those comments
    I can see one of a personal nature (not abusive but mildly intrusive with a hint of boorish humour possibly) and another (for the attention of Delaney, most likely) featuring a photo of a few fans holding up a "DELANEY OUT" banner, but I can't see much else in terms of tweets relating to Delaney or from Ireland fans, and nothing explicitly abusive. Am I blind?

If the profile was being used as a mouthpiece for the promotion of Delaney and his professional business, or possibly by Delaney himself, then it's only inevitable it would draw attention and possible reaction from disgruntled Ireland fans. I can't confirm whether or not it has been used in such a way as I've not been following, or whether the tweets to the profile, if there were others, were warranted or unprovoked, although bennocelt seems to suggest the profile has been used in such a way. Can you point out the tweets you think were published by Delaney or what makes you think he uses it, bennocelt? She does seem to be involving herself in the public debate now, mind.

Nevertheless, anything abusive, directed at her private life or of a personally-demeaning nature is most certainly out of order.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    We're going to need to know what you said Benno
    I second that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    She needs a thicker skin imho.

Who do you chaps think will win Cowboys Eagles today? I should be plenty liquored up for that one.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    She needs a thicker skin imho.
    Well, she was referred to in pretty nasty terms on YBIG. You can't condone that or try to blame her "lack of thick skin" for any insult taken.

At the same time though, I don't think the abuse was deserving of the exposure Delaney wanted to give it. It wasn't newsworthy. It was a few now-banned idiots posting cretinous stuff under the protection of their pseudonyms. The material was promptly deleted, a charitable donation was offered by YBIG in apology and nobody in the outside world would have known about it at all had Delaney not brought up the matter - an irrelevancy - on the radio with Pat Kenny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    The Eagles. Cowboys have been brittle when in the limelight this year.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    My thoughts were published. But the President then issued another statement last night of course rendering my thoughts "old hat"-ish. Needless to say I have to write up the latest.

http://www.krank.ie/category/opinion...cdonnell-saga/

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    I second that.
    Ha ha now now
    Nothing personal, I'm not that stupid. As Danny has showed, just re-tweeting photos and stuff like that.

I havent a clue what she normally gets upto on her feed, but type in JD on a quiet day and you can see a lot of gruff from her feed. There was even a tweet highlighting all the good work JD does with a few photos of him down in Mayo with the Mayo League for example. I mean thats not the kind of rubbish an Indo socialite tweets about, or am I wrong!

I dont know who the CEO of the Gaa or Rubgy is these days, never mind who they are going out with! Which says a lot IMHO

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Well, just tweets are fine. She's on Twitter, after all, and is, like St. John, more than happy to publicise herself and their relationship (in spite of her talk of it being a private thing). In fact, I see she's been really promoting his case since: https://twitter.com/EmmakEnglish

Abuse is a different matter entirely though.

I understand those who posted the abuse on YBIG were also banned by a moderator immediately.
    The best thing for her do is to quit Twitter until this thing blows over. She's tweeting stuff about the whole thing and making it worse!

That GeorgeBestLookalike is one of the many reason to avoid Twitter. #TeamDelaney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    My thoughts were published. But the President then issued another statement last night of course rendering my thoughts "old hat"-ish. Needless to say I have to write up the latest.

http://www.krank.ie/category/opinion...cdonnell-saga/
    Good summation. I still can't get over the gall of him throwing false legal threats at the Guardian and the Telegraph. What was he thinking?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Cheers. I am currently writing up a new follow up and whilst looking for the statemet I found the new Fan Direct scheme. Even that seems ham-fisted as a solution. http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/fans-...lications-open

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I couldn't be arsed looking back over this thread and deciphering <MOD EDIT>content deleted. Educate yourself about the debate before you join it</MOD EDIT>

I heard the faithful on YBIG have been putting their feet in it again. Then again..... we are talking about the same standard of people that created and commented in a "Is Stephen Kelly black or white?" thread.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 27/11/2014 at 4:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    I can see one of a personal nature (not abusive but mildly intrusive with a hint of boorish humour possibly) and another (for the attention of Delaney, most likely) featuring a photo of a few fans holding up a "DELANEY OUT" banner, but I can't see much else in terms of tweets relating to Delaney or from Ireland fans, and nothing explicitly abusive. Am I blind?
    Apologies, I didn't see them, I was going on newspaper reports, some of the language there is pretty abusive and totally undeserved. I didn't see the posts on YBIG either.

Ha ha now now
    Nothing personal, I'm not that stupid. As Danny has showed, just re-tweeting photos and stuff like that.
    I'd still be curious to see what was "retweeted and stuff like that". You really should stand beside what you post online

I havent a clue what she normally gets upto on her feed, but type in JD on a quiet day and you can see a lot of gruff from her feed. There was even a tweet highlighting all the good work JD does with a few photos of him down in Mayo with the Mayo League for example. I mean thats not the kind of rubbish an Indo socialite tweets about, or am I wrong!

I dont know who the CEO of the Gaa or Rubgy is these days, never mind who they are going out with! Which says a lot IMHO
    Probably not, but it's the sort of thing a girlfriend would post about her partner fairly regularly. I had a look through her page, and I didn't see any evidence that Delaney does use it as his own account
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I know the cliffnotes version of it. I know that someone who is supposed to represent us, and routinely makes a fool of himself, on foreign trips was caught red handed singing sectarian songs.

The Irish national team has Protestant fans too. It is embarrassing that a man of his stature is marginalising them like this.

His girlfriend/wife deserves better than the vitriol she is getting on that site but it is par for the course there, unfortunately.

Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast