PDA

View Full Version : V Athlone Town

Youths4Ever
29/08/2008, 11:01 AM
Have a simple question do people think we are capable of keeping our feet on the ground after a great result in Cork and beat Athlone?

This game is perhaps more important than the game monday night. A win and three points would us move above Athlone and possibly level with Longford depending on results else where

Ash
29/08/2008, 11:07 AM
Have a simple question do people think we are capable of keeping our feet on the ground after a great result in Cork and beat Athlone?

I'm hoping for a "No" answer to that!!!!

Battery Rover
29/08/2008, 11:15 AM
Im hoping that our players actually realise that they have feet

Splurge
29/08/2008, 11:59 AM
this week and next week are vital games, im expecting at least 4pts.

passinginterest
29/08/2008, 1:49 PM
I predicted a 4-0 win in the predictions league so I hope so!

They should be full of confidence at the very least, the only problem in the past seems to be that when they expect to win the effort drops and they get caught out.

The Optimist
29/08/2008, 1:57 PM
I expect it to be tight but i think we will just shade it 2-1.
Remember we have never won 3 in a row, so because of the great week we've had so far lets break that record!

Splurge
29/08/2008, 1:58 PM
I predicted a 4-0 win in the predictions league so I hope so!
They should be full of confidence at the very least, the only problem in the past seems to be that when they expect to win the effort drops and they get caught out.

Like in the Kildare game.

ForzaForth
29/08/2008, 9:41 PM
Athlone unlucky not to take the three points tonight as they created the better chances despite having a man sent off midway through the second half. Athlone hit the bar when it looked easier to score in the last five minutes. Wexford struggled to create anything even against the ten men. Thought Pa and Patsy played well for us.

Sending off was straight red for offtheball incident.

Splurge
29/08/2008, 10:05 PM
We never really got going and couldnt get our lay together, Pa made a few good saves early on but had feck all to do in the 2nd, still he'll be delighted with his 2nd clean sheet in a row. Happy with the point in the end.

ForzaWexford
30/08/2008, 10:01 AM
Lucky enough to get a point last night. Athlone would have went 1-0 inside the first few minutes if it wasn't for a super save from Pa. They missed a sitter of a header then just before half-time after Gareth lost the ball to his man in midfield and couldnt get a tackle in. Thought he went to ground a bit too often last night. Then as ForzaForth says smashed the crossbar from 3 yarsd late on.

Still though at least we took something from the game. Only Longford (H) and Waterford (A) before the final now.

Battery Rover
02/09/2008, 11:14 AM
Highlights available on www.athlonetowntv.com amd www.athlonetownfc.ie