PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in The Showgrounds

TheRealRovers
18/09/2003, 6:57 PM
First of all those nazi scum bags have nothing to do with the Bit O' Red many Rovers supporters in the Shed (where I was) though they were Galway fans cause there flag was down with the rest of the Galway flags Talking to people after the game every one said they never say them at a Rovers game before and I hope never see them again.
All Rovers supporters are outraged over what these two scumbags were at. And there was definitely only two of them click on these two links to see what rovers fans think of them

Sligo Rovers.Net (http://www.sligorovers.net)
Rovers Forum (http://www.sligoweb.com/modules.php?name=4nForum&file=viewthread&tid=572)
As for the trouble out side the ground this problem was caused by only a hand full of supporters they also have nothing to do with those nazi's the Gardaí handled it very bad we do have a hooligan problem but the Club is working very hard to get rid of it.
I hope this won't put you off coming back to the Showgrounds

TheRealRovers
18/09/2003, 8:47 PM
Also we have a supporters club called STARRY PLOUGH S.R.F.C. and if you came into the shed you would see about 3 or 4 Che Guevara flags and starry plough flags. As supporters of Sligo Rovers we will not tolerate racism of any kind either by away fans or scum claiming to 'support' Rovers.
Why do Galway fans keep singing songs like 'we hate Sligo' and 'Sligo Scum' etc even before this game. Rovers fans don't really give a s*** about Galway (the north west derby’s are the big ones for us we see Galway game as Man U see Bolton games). But the Galway fans seem intent on provoking Rovers Supporters The last time I was in Terryland this season I go spat on by Galway fans I just walked away.
This is not just a Rovers problem

Estar
18/09/2003, 9:13 PM
Originally posted by TheRealRovers

Rovers fans don't really give a s*** about Galway (the north west derby’s are the big ones for us we see Galway game as Man U see Bolton games).

I'd say its more of a Connaught thing, who is the best soccer team, supporters etc.

Isn't Sligo really Galways B team;)

TheRealRovers
19/09/2003, 8:21 AM
Isn't Sligo really Galways B team
Ha ha ha very funny. If we had our way there wouldn’t half the amount of Galway rejects that there is in the Showgrounds cause most of them just aren't good enough.

galwaygirl
19/09/2003, 11:40 AM
It would take a lot more than that to stop me going to The Showgrounds.

I hope to be up there again next tuesday, that's when the league game has been re-fixed for, isnt it?

There's a lot of stories on the EL Message Board about the two skin-heads alrite. I heard after all the trouble they tried to cause over our side that they werent even thrown out of the grounds, just moved over to one end of your new stand, is this true.

:confused:

TheRealRovers
19/09/2003, 6:28 PM
There's a lot of stories on the EL Message Board about the two skin-heads alrite. I heard after all the trouble they tried to cause over our side that they werent even thrown out of the grounds, just moved over to one end of your new stand, is this true.
True unfortunately they were put into the new stand by our gob****e stewards if that was any one from the shed over at the Galway fans they would kicked out and banded. The stewards seem to think that the shed is the only place ‘scum’ goes which really makes me mad then they treat everyone else in the ground as if they were the pope even though they might be fascist scum

I hope to be up there again next tuesday, that's when the league game has been re-fixed for, isnt it?
Yeah

It would take a lot more than that to stop me going to The Showgrounds.
Good to hear it

Patrick Dunne
19/09/2003, 7:07 PM
"This is not a Rovers problem"

OK, so it was Galway Uniteds fault that your supporters threw bottles and stones at Galway United buses, causing hundreds of Euros of damage (GUFC haven't got the bill yet).

You wonder why GUFC supporters hate you so much ?

Imagine what a 10 year old GUFC supporter would say to his
mother the day after the game.

Mother : "How did the game go ?"
Supporter : "The Sligo fans had a fascist flag, gave us a Nazi salute, Ollie Keogh stook his fingers at us, some nutter ran on the pitch to attack the ref, Rossiter attacked the ref, Sligo supporters attacked us afterwards, they broke a window on our bus".

Watch the semi-final on TV, scum.

PD.

TheRealRovers
20/09/2003, 3:28 AM
Typical Galway fan always tying to provoke things if you read my post proper I said

Why do Galway fans keep singing songs like 'we hate Sligo' and 'Sligo Scum' etc even before this game.
I'll say it again in case you didn't get that beforeTHIS GAME
and I said

First of all those nazi scum bags have nothing to do with the Bit O' Red many Rovers supporters in the Shed (where I was) though they were Galway fans cause there flag was down with the rest of the Galway flags
We have nothing to do with that scum and I’m sure there is racist scum in Galway too and if you knew your history you would know what I was talking about when I said we have a supporters club called STARRY PLOUGH SRFC and we would have nothing to do racism
And I do admit we do have a hooligan problem ( WHICH ALSO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NAZI SCUM)but don't think your special harps cobh and many more clubs felt wrap of this problem before you did and harp fans will tell you how dangerous the Showgrounds can be if you provoke our hooligan element

Ollie Keogh stook his fingers
Ok he did but what about the Galway fans singing Ollie Keogh your wánker etc no respect how long did he play 4 ye. No matter who our explayers join we always give them respect when they come back to the Showgrounds

Watch the semi-final on TV, scum.
SLIGO ROVERS FC STILL THE BIGGEST CLUB IN THE WEST
Cop your self on there would be no trouble at game if the Galway idiots didn't insist on provoking Rovers fans for the last few seasons what about when your kepper hit a ball boy of ours last November and the Galway fans tried to take the on shed when then lads in there wanted nothing to do with you

TheRealRovers
20/09/2003, 3:41 AM
oh yeah Patrick Dunne just click on this link to see what the Bit O' Red though of the racism SCUM
Rovers forum (http://www.sligoweb.com/modules.php?name=4nForum&file=viewthread&tid=572)

Patrick Dunne
22/09/2003, 1:32 PM
... it a truce, Adolf !

JC_GUFC
23/09/2003, 7:13 PM
Jesus - this whole thing has been blown out of all proportion, as the Rovers fan says it's not just a Sligo problem. I was just getting on the bus as the window was smashed and it was a group of young teenage boys - not a group of hooligans! The same type of guys come to Terryland and go to every league ground.

In fact most United fans were standing at the exit as the lads from the Shed came out and the was no trouble.

The guys with the flag were standing on their own and obviously not associating themselves with any other groups of Sligo fans.

As for "hating" Sligo I wouldn't take that too seriously, it's just a bit of banter, in fact it seems to help Sligo in games (most memorably the 4-2 last season) - though 95% of our chants at the cup game were pro-United.

CU
JC