View Full Version : Programme v Bohemians

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 9:32 AM
Cork City v Bohemians
Match Day Programme 19.09.03

Contents

*City Centre - All the latest from CCFC

* Eircom League Figured Out - All the stats on the current season

* National Leaguers at Lansdowne - Niamh O’Mahony welcomes the recent FAI/soccercentral.ie iniatiative

* U21 Update - Joe Hurley has the news on City’s 2 recent league victories against Cobh and Kilkenny and that last-kick cup semi final defeat at St Pats

* Carol Sisk - John Kennedy’s tribute to the well-loved Family Enclosure voluntary steward who passed away recently

* Johnny, don’t go - Following the recent ‘O’Flynn to Falkirk’ rumours, we sent Jerry Kelly to Scotland to suss things out. He ended up smoking cigars…and meeting numpties

* The First Cork City FC - Intrigued? Gerry Desmond has the story

* Whistles, Cards & Flags - Info on the match officials + UEFA appointments for Irish referees (Especially for Éanna!)

* Simply Devine - The Big Interview: Joe Hurley talks to Mick Devine as he prepares to make his 100th league appearance for City

Plus:
* Advertisements (For James)
* City-Bohemians Quiz
* City Honours
* City League Records
* City Lotto Results
* Club Shop Price List
* Commercial Scene with Linda Lewis
* Cork City match schedule
* From the Chairman’s Desk - Brian Lennox has his say…
* League results between City & Bohemians - All of them…!
* Match Day Mascot
* Message from the Manager - Pat Dolan gives his views…no holds barred this week by PD! And it’s his birthday on Saturday…
* Meet the Gypsies - Stephen Burke gives us the gen on de Boez…
* Noelle’s Notes - City’s Community Liaison Officer Noelle Feeney and what she’s been up to…
* Photos/poster pages - Quality shots from our team of snappers
* Squad lists - See who’s lining out for City & Bohs
* Supporters News - The latest from the Family Enclosure…as the SCs appear to have been asleep this week!!
* U21 Fixture list & current table
* Weekend’s other games around the country…
* Where’s Me Shirt? - Who is the latest far-flung City fan?

joe
18/09/2003, 11:07 AM
is that all? :rolleyes:

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by joe
is that all? :rolleyes:

Well, I did (intentionally) omit the programme credits... :p

Good value for €2.50 IM(biased)O...

Last issue sold out, the previous few just a small number of copies remaining. I'd advise anyone interested in a copy to get one on the way in and not leave it to later...

Donie

joe
18/09/2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde

Last issue sold out, the previous few just a small number of copies remaining. I'd advise anyone interested in a copy to get one on the way in and not leave it to later...

Donie

careful now, you might be accused of not printing enough to meet the market demand or something :p

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by joe
careful now, you might be accused of not printing enough to meet the market demand or something :p

Only a matter of time before someone accuses me of something...

Anyway, exhibit 'A' for the defence: the club actually decides the print run - not the Eds

Donie

joe
18/09/2003, 11:36 AM

Anyway, exhibit 'A' for the defence: the club actually decides the print run - not the Eds

Donie

do you really think that would stand up in a foot.ie trial?

Ultan
18/09/2003, 12:24 PM
Sounds impressive, fair play award. I may break the habit of a life time on Friday and buy a programme at an away ground.
As a matter of interest, how many do you sell?

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Ultan
Sounds impressive, fair play award. I may break the habit of a life time on Friday and buy a programme at an away ground.
As a matter of interest, how many do you sell?

Thanks, Ultan - spread the word among the travelling party!

I could give you figures here on sales, but I think there was some reason in the past why they weren't quoted. Bizarre, I know. Maybe Bernie might give them, I dunno.

Not being evasive there, Ultan, but it's not my call.

Donie

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by joe
do you really think that would stand up in a foot.ie trial?

Hardly, Joe! However, I am looking for another few exhibits, and talking to Gareth Pierce... :D

Donie

Ultan
18/09/2003, 12:39 PM
I could give you figures here on sales, but I think there was some reason in the past why they weren't quoted. Bizarre, I know. Maybe Bernie might give them, I dunno.

Not being evasive there, Ultan, but it's not my call.

A paranoid Corkman? I don't believe it!! ;) :D

Ah don't worry about it, I was just curious.

paudie
18/09/2003, 1:22 PM
I wasn't at the Pats game so was there anything in the programme about the report from the FAI licencing guy who visited the club.

In a previous programme they said there would be an item on it and hinted that the report was disappointing

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 1:26 PM
Originally posted by Ultan
A paranoid Corkman? I don't believe it!! ;) :D

Ah don't worry about it, I was just curious.

None of us are paranoid, Ultan, no matter what everyone says ;)

Just been on to someone about it there sort of official, like, and they would prefer not to put out exact figures. It's their call, so as Ed I gotta respect that...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the read on Friday - if they're not all sold out before you get there! :D

Be interested in your views after you've seen it...

Safe travelling to and from the Cross, btw, but I hope we can squeeze the win out of it.

Donie

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 1:30 PM
Originally posted by paudie
I wasn't at the Pats game so was there anything in the programme about the report from the FAI licencing guy who visited the club.

In a previous programme they said there would be an item on it and hinted that the report was disappointing

Yeah, we carried a full page report on that paudie...promises made, promises kept.

Donie

razor
18/09/2003, 1:31 PM
Fair Play Donie

I used always favour the fanzine over the programme before but now I buy both. They are both excellent.

To be honest I never thought 4-5-1 would ever get near NMPP but its closing in fast.
The programme is well worth the money, a good read especially as it saves us from Hit the Bar at HT

An excellent job, well worthy of our recognition.

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by razor
Fair Play Donie

I used always favour the fanzine over the programme before but now I buy both. They are both excellent.

To be honest I never thought 4-5-1 would ever get near NMPP but its closing in fast.
The programme is well worth the money, a good read especially as it saves us from Hit the Bar at HT

An excellent job, well worthy of our recognition.

Ta, razor - always great to hear from a convert ;) Thank God for Hit The Bar then, eh! :D

451 has been brill this season, IMO - gotta add that or James be on before I even post my reply...nah, in fairness, 451 is excellent this year - more varied now it's moved from the anti-Murph stuff, but that's just my view...

Donie

joe
18/09/2003, 1:38 PM
what's with all the praise and mutual respect that's happening in here today? where's the bitching that i've become used to over the years of city football forums?

not that i miss it or anything, just wondering is my life as a moderator about to get easier

:cool:

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 1:41 PM
Originally posted by joe
what's with all the praise and mutual respect that's happening in here today? where's the bitching that i've become used to over the years of city football forums?

not that i miss it or anything, just wondering is my life as a moderator about to get easier

I think James is asleep....shhhh :D

Seriously, today is actually Praise and Mutual Respect Day - don't you ever listen to the radio, Joe?

Donie

joe
18/09/2003, 1:42 PM
don't you ever listen to the radio, Joe?

Donie

only the one in my head these days unfortunately :confused:

Dodge
18/09/2003, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by joe

Would you like me to come in here? :D

Seriously though well done all on the programme

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 1:44 PM
Originally posted by joe
only the one in my head these days unfortunately :confused:

dat be a wireless, or are you wired at present? :D

Donie

James
18/09/2003, 1:47 PM
is there anybody out there gona moderate this BS
totally gone OT

:confused:

bring back Len

joe
18/09/2003, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Would you like me to come in here? :D

you're always welcome in these parts Dodge, once you don't start going on about abour Pat's under8 side have the biggest flags in the world ever ;)

dat be a wireless, or are you wired at present? :D

Donie

wires? are they necessary? hmm, you could be onto something there

The Donie Forde
18/09/2003, 1:48 PM
Originally posted by James
totally gone OT

bring back Len

I agree - if Joe was any good he'd get this back on topic immediately...;)

Sorry for waking you, James...

Donie

joe
18/09/2003, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by James
totally gone OT

bring back Len

do you wanna get banned?

pete
18/09/2003, 6:29 PM
* Johnny, don’t go - Following the recent ‘O’Flynn to Falkirk’ rumours, we sent Jerry Kelly to Scotland to suss things out. He ended up smoking cigars…and meeting numpties

Junket. ;)

joe
18/09/2003, 8:40 PM
Originally posted by pete
Junket. ;)

actually, come to think of it, how come jerry gets the foreign trips and i get sent to kilkenny and inchicore to report on u21 games? :mad: ;)

niamh
18/09/2003, 9:05 PM
You'll have to get more demanding and prima donna like Joe ;)

The Donie Forde
19/09/2003, 8:34 AM
Originally posted by joe
actually, come to think of it, how come jerry gets the foreign trips and i get sent to kilkenny and inchicore to report on u21 games? :mad: ;)

The Scottish trip necessitated the smoking of cigars, Jerry was qualified.

In 15 years time when JOF is linked with a move to Kilkenny the junket is yours, Joe. Now that's fair enough....

Donie

Jim Smith
19/09/2003, 9:46 AM
Originally posted by pete
Junket. ;)

I take it you've never been to Falkirk :eek:

joe
19/09/2003, 9:47 AM
Originally posted by Jim Smith
I take it you've never been to Falkirk :eek:

more junk than junket, is it Jim?

Jim Smith
19/09/2003, 11:50 AM
Imagine a place with all the character of an upmarket Gort :D

In fairness it suffers from being about 30 mins drive from Edinburgh and 45 mins drive from Glasgow. Its a 'why would you bother...' sort of place.

James
20/09/2003, 2:05 PM
Gerry D, Joe, Gerry K, Dave Bernie

and all at matchday mag HQ, well done on another excellent publication
very good interview w Devine and few nice articles hidden amounst the ads were well written :D