PDA

View Full Version : LOI players who used to play with LTFC

deecay
27/08/2008, 11:33 PM
Im noticing alot of players with big clubs that used to play with ye, Gartland,Fahey,Kirby,Sullivan,Deegan,Paisley and is there any others ith big clubs

sligoman
27/08/2008, 11:44 PM
Sean Prunty and David Mooney(obviously both not anymore)

Longfordian
27/08/2008, 11:47 PM
Fahey never played for us!. Shane Barrett, Stuey Byrne, Brian Shelley (briefly), John Martin, Danny O'Connor (if you're counting Shamrock Rovers as a big club!).

Rocky77
28/08/2008, 1:42 PM
Gary Deegan at Bohs. Pat Sullivan at Cork

Buller
28/08/2008, 2:46 PM
Fahey never played for us!. Shane Barrett, Stuey Byrne, Brian Shelley (briefly), John Martin, Danny O'Connor (if you're counting Shamrock Rovers as a big club!).

Nah we're tiny...
Our team that got relegated in 2005 consisted of Brian Shelly, Jason Gavin, Pat McCourt, Mark Quigley, Dave Mooney, Trevor Molloy and also Barry Murphy(but he wasnt released) Those players all play for "big" clubs now

RockofGibraltar
28/08/2008, 2:50 PM
sean dillon (dundee united)

Longfordian
28/08/2008, 3:01 PM
Nah we're tiny...
Our team that got relegated in 2005 consisted of Brian Shelly, Jason Gavin, Pat McCourt, Mark Quigley, Dave Mooney, Trevor Molloy and also Barry Murphy(but he wasnt released) Those players all play for "big" clubs now

That was tongue in cheek..of course you're a big club Buller. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I remember Roddy being furious when the examiner released Mooney for nothing, "what the f*ck would he know about players" I believe was were his words to our manager. Turned out he was right, but it took Mooney a while to really show it.

Martinho II
28/08/2008, 3:21 PM
That was tongue in cheek..of course you're a big club Buller. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I remember Roddy being furious when the examiner released Mooney for nothing, "what the f*ck would he know about players" I believe was were his words to our manager. Turned out he was right, but it took Mooney a while to really show it.

you are right about mooney it took him the guts of when he started his second full season with us that he finally hit form... he was injury prone the season before.. arguably his best ever goal was in sligo the season before last when he lobbed the goalie from thirty yards out.. does anyone rem that goal??:)

Longfordian
28/08/2008, 3:35 PM
you are right about mooney it took him the guts of when he started his second full season with us that he finally hit form... he was injury prone the season before.. arguably his best ever goal was in sligo the season before last when he lobbed the goalie from thirty yards out.. does anyone rem that goal??:)

Yeah I was just thinking about that goal when I posted that actually. Around about that time he went on a bit of a scoring streak. Then the following season he was on fire.

Martinho II
28/08/2008, 4:38 PM
if i rem correctly with mooney after he scored against sligo he got injured again think he got only 3 goals that season.. didnt score i think for the first few games of last season then he went on that great run of his...