PDA

View Full Version : what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irishultra
27/08/2008, 8:22 PM
that LOI ad was just on there a few minutes ago....how bad is it?

its so cringeworthy and old fashioned and wouldn't turn any of charles mansons family into a Eircom League fan.

dont get me wrong I go to league of ireland games and want it to be a success but jesus that is just so bad.

Saint_Charlie
27/08/2008, 8:25 PM
Local legends....

irishultra
27/08/2008, 8:30 PM
calling it local legeds even makes it seem laughable..that angle is cool for GAA, but not for soccer.

kids should be lookin at kieth fahey as a star not a local legend.

Martinho II
27/08/2008, 9:25 PM
that ad is an poor advertisement for the eircom league. when i first saw that ad i was mortified!

skitz3
27/08/2008, 9:48 PM
Really? I was shocked. My first thought was "they're advertising the league, we've been crying out for this for years and they're finally doing it...............i wonder how long it will take for someone on Foot.ie to complain?"

kdjaC
27/08/2008, 9:52 PM
what ad is it? :confused:

theres loads on tv there days.

kdjac

superfrank
27/08/2008, 10:13 PM
I'm guessing it's the one with the two lads on the pitch at an empty Dalyer.

Big Ears
27/08/2008, 10:15 PM
It was pretty bad alright, even a cheap internet promo by Brian Peters' was much better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMoB-f2Q28E, although it also went with the local heroes thing.

kdjaC
27/08/2008, 10:25 PM
I'm guessing it's the one with the two lads on the pitch at an empty Dalyer.

thats been on tv for nearly a year now? was it on during a CL game or something?

seems odd someone would just see it now and complain.

kdjac

finnpark
27/08/2008, 10:37 PM
that LOI ad was just on there a few minutes ago....how bad is it?

its so cringeworthy and old fashioned and wouldn't turn any of charles mansons family into a Eircom League fan.

dont get me wrong I go to league of ireland games and want it to be a success but jesus that is just so bad.

I was just about to post the same thing. The ad is a waste of time and money.

The ad should make a joke of Man U, Celthick and Liverpool "fans" and then show amazing support and action from the LOI with background music. The current ad didn't even get my attention :(

It was the worst piece of advertising and marketing I have ever seen on TV.

The FAI should have a real go with our Brit supporting Irish friends ;)

kdjaC
27/08/2008, 10:45 PM
I was just about to post the same thing. The ad is a waste of time and money.

The ad should make a joke of Man U, Celthick and Liverpool "fans" and then show amazing support and action from the LOI with background music. The current ad didn't even get my attention :(

It was the worst piece of advertising and marketing I have ever seen on TV.

The FAI should have a real go with our Brit supporting Irish friends ;)

just to be sure here cos noone really has a clue.

the dalymount ad was on during the CL game that liverpool were playing?

and you people with questionable parentage are complaining about it ?

seriously this doenst make sense the EL dalymount ad was on tv during the CL game with massive amount of viewers and you c.unts are complaining.

fcuk thats another infraction.

kdjac

Saint_Charlie
27/08/2008, 11:13 PM
It was pretty bad alright, even a cheap internet promo by Brian Peters' was much better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMoB-f2Q28E, although it also went with the local heroes thing.

That's a quality promo. Why can't they show clips from matches (like Faheys goal against Bohs etc) with dramatic music played over it. Much more likely to catch someones attention.

blueblood
27/08/2008, 11:54 PM
Taught it was a waste myself, how would that ad make anyone go to a LOI game?

Candystripe
28/08/2008, 12:39 AM
This could have been used for an LOI add!

It might make them sit up and take notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WelpDm_Scd8

Saint_Charlie
28/08/2008, 1:02 AM
This could have been used for an LOI add!

It might make them sit up and take notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WelpDm_Scd8

Yep. They need to show footage of the actual matches / ultras displays to have any hope of catching peoples attention. The 'local legends' thing is grand for the radio but it gets lost amongst all the other flash ads on the telly.

brianw82
28/08/2008, 7:06 AM
Another thing that would help would be to have an LoI 'star' (whoever it may be, Fahey probably) on Setanta/Umbro posters. You know they way they ALWAYS have Gerrard, Rooney and Torres, well stick an LoI player in there for the Irish market.

Oh, I just woke up. That was a nice dream I had.

Pauro 76
28/08/2008, 7:17 AM
Does anyone have a link to it?

Larry 'da' Wyse
28/08/2008, 8:59 AM
I think the ad is oke and great to see some spons invested in the
promotion of the game. Zero to complain about in my book.
Coverage on radio and tv is at an all-time high.

stann
28/08/2008, 10:37 PM
If it's the one with the fella going on about being at the ground as the sun is going down and floodlights are coming on, may I be the second (third?) on this thread to take the non-conformist view and say I like it and think it's a good ad.
Maybe I'm not so easily pleased by bright swirly lights and loud music as some on here would appear to be. :p
And maybe I can see that an ad that starts "Hey you!! Man U t**t!!! Don't watch that, watch this!!!!" would be a touch counter-productive.
The ad I'm thinking of shows a side of the game that is unique to eLoI and for that it's a good thing. Though I would concede that it would possibly be more effective in conjunction with a couple of other ads, one that shows some well edited action clips and one that shows the cameraderie maybe.

pete
28/08/2008, 10:48 PM
Hopeless ad & never liked it. Looks like trying to advertise non league football. Then it ends with back drop of empty derelict terrace :rolleyes:

stann
28/08/2008, 11:56 PM
Well given that the ad is set at a time before the crowds arrive to watch the game, that's what I get from the voice-over anyway, then anyone on the terrace would be trespassing, wouldn't they. :p :D

finnpark
29/08/2008, 12:28 AM
just to be sure here cos noone really has a clue.

the dalymount ad was on during the CL game that liverpool were playing?

and you people with questionable parentage are complaining about it ?

seriously this doenst make sense the EL dalymount ad was on tv during the CL game with massive amount of viewers and you c.unts are complaining.

fcuk thats another infraction.

kdjac

Well Ive seen the ad plenty of times but do watch any football thats on TV if Im watching the telly, whether its Irish footy , Scottish, English etc. I just watch it. I always support the teams that are playing the English and Scottish teams, can't beleive Standard didn't win ;)