PDA

View Full Version : Rest of the Season

dublinwanderer
27/08/2008, 5:42 PM
So Lads,

With only 10 league games left of the season, what is your realistic expectations? Cup run maybe? How have the players / manager performed so far?

I personally hope we can string a few results together and finish on a bit of a high but the way the team is playing i cant see that happenin. Maybe we can give the cup a good go! Going to be very difficult in Galway, lets hope they decide to concentrate on the survival in the league and we catch them on a off day!!!

Best player so far: Paddy Kavanagh - hasnt been the best of late but overall has been the stand out player, which i hope we can hold onto him.
Best improved Player: Mark Duggan - has really impressed me so far, once he sorts out his discipline problems...
Player that dissapointed me most: Ger Rowe - after bray actually buying him from rovers, he hasnt performed at all and really needs to be dropped.
Player that surprised me the most: Alan Gough - has been in outstanding form for us and really kept us in so many games
Best Away Trip: Got to be between Galway in league and Cobh, but prob the way we won in Cobh and the players celebration too!!!
Worst Away Trip: Sligo. Members of the supporters club really fcuked that trip up, also team didnt play too well!!!
Best Home Game: Drogs or Rovers - love beating either of them!!!!
Worst Home Game: UCD at the start of the season, after good performance down in cork to that!

Been very quiet on here so i thought i'd open up a new thread to dicuss!!!!

Seagull
27/08/2008, 6:47 PM
So Lads,

With only 10 league games left of the season, what is your realistic expectations? Cup run maybe? How have the players / manager performed so far?

I personally hope we can string a few results together and finish on a bit of a high but the way the team is playing i cant see that happenin. Maybe we can give the cup a good go! Going to be very difficult in Galway, lets hope they decide to concentrate on the survival in the league and we catch them on a off day!!!

Best player so far: Paddy Kavanagh - hasnt been the best of late but overall has been the stand out player, which i hope we can hold onto him.
Best improved Player: Mark Duggan - has really impressed me so far, once he sorts out his discipline problems...
Player that dissapointed me most: Ger Rowe - after bray actually buying him from rovers, he hasnt performed at all and really needs to be dropped.
Player that surprised me the most: Alan Gough - has been in outstanding form for us and really kept us in so many games
Best Away Trip: Got to be between Galway in league and Cobh, but prob the way we won in Cobh and the players celebration too!!!
Worst Away Trip: Sligo. Members of the supporters club really fcuked that trip up, also team didnt play too well!!!
Best Home Game: Drogs or Rovers - love beating either of them!!!!
Worst Home Game: UCD at the start of the season, after good performance down in cork to that!

Been very quiet on here so i thought i'd open up a new thread to dicuss!!!!
Biggest disappointment: Alan Cawley, no contest.

bray boy
27/08/2008, 6:50 PM
Best player so far: Mark duggan engine in midfield hopeless discipline though
Best improved Player: Gary Cronin he often goes unnotticed but his a good solid player and has improved a lot from last year...
Player that dissapointed me most: Ger Rowe - he doesnt deserve and never should have worn a bray jersey cant express how much i resent him...
Player that surprised me the most: Derek Foran: :O hes going to be one for the future anyway.....
Best Away Trip: Cobh away stands out just the fashion of the win because it wasnt us on the end of a robbery :D
Worst Away Trip: Sligo and finn harps both for different reasons
Best Home Game: Drogs cant get better then beatin em :D
Worst Home Game: UCD is always up there simply because they turn me off football...sligo at home was very zzzzzzzzzz.....

superfrank
27/08/2008, 7:17 PM
Best player so far: Mark Duggan. He's consistently performed well all season.
Best improved Player: Duggan again.
Player that dissapointed me most: Alan Cawley...do I have to explain?
Player that surprised me the most: Kevin Doherty. I really didn't rate him at all but he seems to have been a great signing.
Best Away Trip: Galway, to win it that way was incredible.
Worst Away Trip: I'd say the thumping last week.
Best Home Game: Derry. They did brilliantly to seal that game.
Worst Home Game: Galway or UCD. Two very poor performances.

I hope we can get a few more points on the board over the next few games and finish comfortably clear of relegation. I get the feeling that the players have began to relax, thinking that they're already safe for next season.

So let's start with a win against UCD on Friday please.

Hulsey
28/08/2008, 2:31 AM
Best player so far: I'd say Duggan. Never gives less than 100%, and not afraid to get stuck in (or break someone up :D ) for the cause.
Most improved Player: Probably Duggan again, though Ronan Ivory has come on well this year.
Player that dissapointed me most: Either Alan Cawley (because he's so talented and was brilliant last year, it's frustrating when he doesn't perform how we know he can), Ger Rowe (After being our first purchase since Wes we'd like more effort and less whinging at his team mates for his shortcomings for our money) or Andy Myler (As he hasn't done anything since signing, and I honestly thought he'd get us goals)
Player that surprised me the most: Has to be Alan Gough, when he signed I thought we were fcuked, but have to give credit where its due, after a shakey start against Cork and UCD, Goughers been excellent
Best Away Trip: Has to be Cobh, nice for those kind of decisions to go for us for once. And the celebrations after Duggans goal has to be one of the standout moments of the season so far, although Galway in the league and Dundalk in the cup were also great trips.
Worst Away Trip: Sligo as from the moment we got on the bus the trip was muck and Harps because we traveled that far to lose a game we shouldn't have, and what happened after the game.
Best Home Game: Beating Derry and seeing Clive "w@nker" Delaney get his comeuppance was pretty sweet, beating Drogs and getting that decision for us early on was also great.
Worst Home Game: Losing in the manner we did to UCD after the heroics in cork was a kick in the balls, while the games against sligo and Dundalk weren't in anyway exciting

lowflyingseagul
28/08/2008, 7:53 AM
Best player so far: Mark duggan engine in midfield hopeless discipline though
Best improved Player: Gary Cronin he often goes unnotticed but his a good solid player and has improved a lot from last year...
Player that dissapointed me most: Ger Rowe - he doesnt deserve and never should have worn a bray jersey cant express how much i resent him...
Player that surprised me the most: Derek Foran: :O hes going to be one for the future anyway.....
Best Away Trip: Cobh away stands out just the fashion of the win because it wasnt us on the end of a robbery :D
Worst Away Trip: Sligo and finn harps both for different reasons
Best Home Game: Drogs cant get better then beatin em :D
Worst Home Game: UCD is always up there simply because they turn me off football...sligo at home was very zzzzzzzzzz.....

cronin most improved???? he has been shocking.
most improved duggan.
rovers at home was great
foran was great unitl we signed him permantly

dublinwanderer
28/08/2008, 10:11 AM
cronin most improved???? he has been shocking.
most improved duggan.
rovers at home was great
foran was great unitl we signed him permantly

have to agree wit ya there. cronin has been poor, but we've no other left backs so he has to play, also foran hasnt played well since signing permanently!

BrayUnknowns
28/08/2008, 11:17 AM
Best player so far: Derek Pender. Never anything less than 100% and has been very solid for us in his 1st season.
Best improved Player: Mark Duggan, but he picks up so many needless yellow cards, needs to cut the stupid stuff out !
Player that dissapointed me most: Andy Myler, enough said.
Player that surprised me the most: Gavin Whelan, and not in a good surprise way !
Best Away Trip: Galway, we won !
Worst Away Trip: Cobh, Bleedin' KIP !
Best Home Game: Drogheda, We robbed them :D
Worst Home Game: Galway, They robbed us :mad: