PDA

View Full Version : Julian Kelly

youngirish
27/08/2008, 9:31 AM
I see Julian Kelly played again for Reading last night in their 5-1 win. It was his second start this season (though admittedly both have been in the Carling Cup) but he's been on the bench for Reading in every League game and has already made 1 appearance in the Championship as a sub.

He's a right footer who can play both right or left back. I pray that his appearance seemingly from nowhere could, if he continues to perform well for Reading, be an answer to our left back problem before the end of the season. I remain hopeful as I don't see O'Halloran at Villa making any impact in the near future. Has anyone seen him play yet and is he any good?

Reality Bites
27/08/2008, 9:33 AM
Julian -will never amount to nothing with a name like that!

passinginterest
27/08/2008, 10:07 AM
Sounded like he picked up a fairly serious shoulder injury, had to go off and left Reading with only 10 men for the last few minutes. It seems inevitable that any promising, Irish, full back will pick up a serious injury just as they threaten to break through.

Closed Account
27/08/2008, 10:52 AM
Coppell said this a couple of weeks ago when talking about left back options now that Shorey had left

"There's also Julian Kelly, who is right footed but that's no problem, as we saw at Dagenham on Tuesday he's a very, very capable young man."

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1366440,00.html

disabledrog
27/08/2008, 12:07 PM
Doesnt look to good for this season at least cause reading signed armstrong from sheff utd last night for half a million pound