PDA

View Full Version : Under 20 Fixtures

gael353
26/08/2008, 9:16 PM
Free weekend the first week, that would be the weekend of the Sunday 14th of Sept.
Then all of the weekends ending with sunday the etc etc

W/E sunday the 21st Cork City Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday the 28th Limerick Vs Kilkenny City
W/E Sunday 5th Oct FC Carlow Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday 12th Oct Limerick Vs Wexford Youths
W/E Sunday 28th Oct Limerick Vs Cobh Ramblers
W/E Sunday 2nd Nov Waterford Utd Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday 16th Nov Limerick Vs Cork city
W/E Sunday 30th Nov Kilkenny City Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday 7th Dec Limerick Vs FC Carlow
W/E Sunday 14th Dec Wexford Youths Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday 11th Jan Cobh Ramblers Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday 18th Jan Limerick Vs Waterford Utd.

Two to qualify, quarters, semis and final on the following three weekends.

I predict semi finals at least

timmy
27/08/2008, 9:14 AM
Free weekend the first week, that would be the weekend of the Sunday 14th of Sept.
Then all of the weekends ending with sunday the etc etc

W/E Sunday the 28th Limerick Vs Kilkenny City
W/E Sunday 5th Oct FC Carlow Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday 12th Oct Limerick Vs Wexford Youths
W/E Sunday 28th Oct Limerick Vs Cobh Ramblers
W/E Sunday 2nd Nov Waterford Utd Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday 16th Nov Limerick Vs Cork city
W/E Sunday 30th Nov Kilkenny City Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday 7th Dec Limerick Vs FC Carlow
W/E Sunday 14th Dec Wexford Youths Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday 11th Jan Cobh Ramblers Vs Limerick
W/E Sunday 18th Jan Limerick Vs Waterford Utd.

Two to qualify, quarters, semis and final on the following three weekends.

I predict semi finals at least

This u20 league has ruined youth football in limerick.
fairview have pulled out. the dines have asked for a few weeks grace to get a team together and i hear even wembley are struggling to get a squad together.

The question is would it be best for youth soccer to have these clubs do well in national cups or to do well in this u20 league. just think its a shame because the 3 clubs mentioned above have done really well in youth football recently.

see's it
27/08/2008, 9:19 AM
fairview have pulled out. the dines have asked for a few weeks grace to get a team together and i hear even wembley are struggling to get a squad together.

The question is would it be best for youth soccer to have these clubs do well in national cups or to do well in this u20 league. just think its a shame because the 3 clubs mentioned above have done really well in youth football recently.

wembley ruined youth football ages ago poaching the town and killing off alot of other clubs at this level

Treaty Gooner
27/08/2008, 10:26 AM

How many Geraldines, Wembley and Fairview players are in the u20 squad? Has it been finalised?

timmy
27/08/2008, 12:24 PM
wembley ruined youth football ages ago poaching the town and killing off alot of other clubs at this level

very true but i would rather that the 3 clubs mentioned could keep there there young players at least til after minor and then sign with limerick.

KevB76
27/08/2008, 12:40 PM
very true but i would rather that the 3 clubs mentioned could keep there there young players at least til after minor and then sign with limerick.

I think the new timing of the U20's has hurt LimerickFC as much as it has junior clubs, because some of last years U21s (still eligible) have stayed with their junior clubs (Shane Clarke being one glaring example).

That said, there were some very good players on show for the trials last Sunday, remains to be seen how many of them sign up.

Personally I'd prefer to se the best young players with Limerick U20s so they get the experince that goes with that, but if they join Limerick at that age or wait til later its always going to be at conflict with junior teams as they naturally want to keep their best players, theres never going to be a way around that sort of conflict. But you cant blame LimerickFC for this, the timing of the U20s was changed by the FAI.

L37Ultra
27/08/2008, 12:56 PM

Agreed. They shouldn't really be signing players at 16, 17 etc.. They should be left play at their own age group until they are old enough for U-20's

Anyone have the squad list?

joeSoap
27/08/2008, 1:33 PM
very true but i would rather that the 3 clubs mentioned could keep there there young players at least til after minor and then sign with limerick.Agreed...in principle. Why don't Limerick FC as it will be known again from next season I gather, start its own schoolboys? Then there could be no question of 'poaching'...

gael353
27/08/2008, 4:38 PM
Why don't Limerick FC as it will be known again from next season I gather, start its own schoolboys? Then there could be no question of 'poaching'...

Very good question joe now lets see did limerick apply to enter their own youth teams this year???:cool: and guess what the response was:rolleyes:

Also the squad being assembled is not finalised yet and doesnt need to be till sept 14th i think (this is when the league starts). The players have been approching limerick and asking to join hence the trial last week when over 35 players from City, County and Clare approched the club. Have to say some fine talent on display. Limericks first game is the away trip to cork W/E the 21/9/08 we have a free week the first week

inmoscow
27/08/2008, 8:09 PM
Agreed...in principle. Why don't Limerick FC as it will be known again from next season I gather, start its own schoolboys? Then there could be no question of 'poaching'...
You offering to sponser youth team,joe:)

Blueandproud
28/08/2008, 3:19 PM
Any idea where I could get the Waterford United U20 fixtures lads ?
No sign of them on our offiacial site.

sadloserkid
29/08/2008, 12:39 PM
I see FC Carlow there. Has the FAI gone back on it's plan to boot out the non LOI clubs? And if so what's happened to Kerry/Lifford/UL etc?

KevB76
29/08/2008, 4:04 PM
I see FC Carlow there. Has the FAI gone back on it's plan to boot out the non LOI clubs? And if so what's happened to Kerry/Lifford/UL etc?

Salthill Devon, Mervue, and Kilkenny City also in the U20's.
Kilkenny City were reportedly allowed to keep their LOI status,
Salthill & Mervue I'm guessing qualify cos their in the A Championship.
Dont know what the story is with FC Carlow :confused:

sadloserkid
31/08/2008, 11:00 AM
Salthill Devon, Mervue, and Kilkenny City also in the U20's.
Kilkenny City were reportedly allowed to keep their LOI status,
Salthill & Mervue I'm guessing qualify cos their in the A Championship.
Dont know what the story is with FC Carlow :confused:

Bizarre for sure. Perhaps they've already applied for A Championship status next season?

gael353
31/08/2008, 11:08 AM

i THINK the limerick team is going to have some link to UL so it could be called UL Limerick Fc or something like that. Lifford were not repesentitive of the Clare league, it was simply the biggest club in ennis and i dont think they pulled in any players from west or mid clare or even shannon/Newmarket to say this is the clare team. It also cost them tons to support the team.

The kerry league one is baffling. I met with one or two of the kerry lads in the last few weeks, they seemed to be saying similar to lifford that they were not represntitive of the Kerry league so they were not allowed in. I thought there name alone would help them, and the stand which the fai built and stuff like that.

Lim till i die
02/09/2008, 9:53 PM
FC Carlow :D :D :D

There will be timber flying in the Kilkenny game.

KevB76
15/09/2008, 1:07 PM
Did U'20s friendly with Galway go ahead yesterday, and if so did anyone go / any reports ?

gael353
15/09/2008, 10:50 PM
Did U'20s friendly with Galway go ahead yesterday, and if so did anyone go / any reports ?

Dont think galway could do the fixture so the As played the under 20s in Adare instead. Too early for me so havent a clue. 20s have a game next week though (weekday) so if i find out ill post

KevB76
17/09/2008, 12:51 PM

I've heard this game is to be a home tie,
Limerick 37FC v Cork City next Tuesday evening at Hogan Park

....can anybody confirm or deny :confused:

gael353
17/09/2008, 4:53 PM
Yea its on Tuesday at eight in hogan park. The A team are away to Pats on Sat at 2 in richmond park

KevB76
23/09/2008, 7:56 AM
Reminder :
Limerick U20's this evening, 8pm at Hogan Park v Cork City :ball:

2legged tackle
23/09/2008, 8:25 AM
Reminder :
Limerick U20's this evening, 8pm at Hogan Park v Cork City :ball:

Just wondering why that game isnt on at jackman and what condition Hogan park is in at the moment?

Green_Hoop
23/09/2008, 9:03 AM
Anyone know the team/squad for tonights match? I know Quinlivan is out through injury at any rate.

KevB76
23/09/2008, 12:20 PM
The match will kick off at 7:45, not 8pm

gael353
23/09/2008, 2:56 PM
Just wondering why that game isnt on at jackman and what condition Hogan park is in at the moment?

one is freeish and the other is €500 :eek:

Jofspring
24/09/2008, 9:00 AM
Limerick 1-5 Cork City

Green_Hoop
24/09/2008, 11:29 AM
I left at 3-1 down,horrible performance all round.