PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Ried is ****

carnstein
16/09/2003, 3:03 PM
Has anyone else realised how crap Stephen Ried is. OK, he has pace power and is a decent tackler, but when it come to passing, the bread and butter of any footballer, he is hopeless. He is not good for the Ireland team, Carr should play right wing with Finnan right back.

colster
16/09/2003, 4:05 PM
Originally posted by carnstein
Has anyone else realised how crap Stephen Ried is. OK, he has pace power and is a decent tackler, but when it come to passing, the bread and butter of any footballer, he is hopeless. He is not good for the Ireland team, Carr should play right wing with Finnan right back.

I've always considered him a better version of Kilbane in that he's a better crosser, passer and deliverer of the ball from setpieces.
He doesn't have Kilbane's workrate or determination.

tiktok
16/09/2003, 4:18 PM
Reid made two woeful efforts in his last two outings, but he was on his way back from injury and hadn't played much. I did think he was awful though and that he should not start against the Swiss. I don't think Carr should play right wing though, I thought Duff did well there against the Turks, and has improved when playing there for Chelsea too, I'd start Duff right, Kilbane left, Keane and Connolly up front and tell them to keep running at the swiss back four, because that's where Russia had their success.

pete
16/09/2003, 6:13 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
Reid made two woeful efforts in his last two outings,

Dunno when Reid conned everyone intoi thinkinhg was a decent player. He has had more first team football this season that a lot of the irish squad for the last 2 games.

tricky_colour
17/09/2003, 10:39 PM
The Reid I would like to see in the squad is Andy Reid.
Four goals for Forest so far this season and hes not even a
striker.
Since Stephen McPhail joned Forest they have won their last
four games which makes them premiership quality in my opinion.
Scoring 11 goals and conceding just 2.
So I would put Andy Reid, Stephen McPhail, and John Thompson
in the squad for the Switzerland match -
And I am not even biased. ;)

brine2
18/09/2003, 6:03 PM
I haven't forgotten Ireland-Cameroon just yet.

Give Stephen Reid some time to get back to full fitness!!

The Blue Oyster
19/09/2003, 6:47 AM
yea give him time i would rather have reid in my side than gary 2 left feet breen