PDA

View Full Version : Are Cork City Gone

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

GUISAUltra
26/08/2008, 5:20 PM
was just on the CCFC fans forum and there is a big story going around down there that they are gone and the club will make the announcement in the next 24/48 hours. any other info

http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/Club-t27049.html#entry501863

centre mid
26/08/2008, 6:01 PM
Cant see anything concrete there, sounds like chinese whispers

passerrby
26/08/2008, 6:05 PM
dont trust them chinese remember pearl habour or was that japenese anyway that danny drew bet he in cahouts with them chinese

GUISAUltra
26/08/2008, 6:11 PM
there is nothing concrete there thats why i titled the thread "are cork city gone". i was looking to find some more info than what i had read on that site myself

centre mid
26/08/2008, 6:22 PM
anything on redFM?

oldyouth
26/08/2008, 6:51 PM
Surely the share of the transfer fee wherever Kevin Doyle ends up will sort it out big time.

MMVIII
26/08/2008, 6:57 PM
Surely the share of the transfer fee wherever Kevin Doyle ends up will sort it out big time.

Yeah thats what i taught, whats the total sum? Or does it differ.

SUB of the day
26/08/2008, 6:59 PM
Last nights result cost the club a lot of money.Any projected income from final and qualification for Setanta also evaporated from balance sheet.Having been a supporter since 1984, their demise now would be hard to stomach.Fingers crossed its only a rumour:(

soccerc
26/08/2008, 7:05 PM
Last nights result cost the club a lot of money.Any projected income from final and qualification for Setanta also evaporated from balance sheet.Having been a supporter since 1984, their demise now would be hard to stomach.Fingers crossed its only a rumour:(

No truth in it yet

SUB of the day
26/08/2008, 7:08 PM
Fair enough, though the "yet" is ominous:(

Pauro 76
26/08/2008, 7:19 PM
If somebody is pulling the p!ss, he's a very sad individual. Livelihoods are at stake, one of our main football clubs is up the spout, it's nothing to laugh about.

Dodge
26/08/2008, 8:18 PM
Guy who posted tht is one of the more sensible posters on there. I think he runs buses to away games. Wouldn't be a wind up merchant by any stretch.

I@d assume that the Examiner would, at the very least, be allowed present his initial findings

jebus
26/08/2008, 8:27 PM
Your man on the Cork forum who says

'If however this is true i am finished with sport in this country. I hope your wrong for the sake of sport'

:D

I hope he actually meant that to be as egotistical as it sounds, unless it's Denis O'Brien, in which case I would like to apologise to our overlord and beg him not to pull the Trapattoni fund :(

SÓC
26/08/2008, 8:36 PM
Not gone but tomorrow will tell a lot

Dodge
26/08/2008, 8:54 PM
That's true but another poster who is very reasonable and a friend of the op said it was a wind up. I hope he is right

He may be, and Ian might have just either heard wrong, or taken somethng the wrong way. I was just replying to Pauro's point by saying Ian wouldn't be doing this for a laugh.

finnpark
26/08/2008, 9:11 PM
Yeah thats what i taught, whats the total sum? Or does it differ.

Acording to his manager in the UK there has been no interest at all in Doyle for several weeks now.

soccerc
26/08/2008, 9:32 PM
Fair enough, though the "yet" is ominous:(

It was deliberately so.

I'd be very concerned if I were a Cork fan tonight if the reports circulating prove to be 50% true and even more so if they actually transpire.

Schumi
26/08/2008, 9:51 PM
Not gone but tomorrow will tell a lotWhat's on tomorrow?

ccfcman
26/08/2008, 10:20 PM
What's on tomorrow?

Staff & players meeting examiner, Arkaga's main man is supposed to be circling too.

razor
27/08/2008, 8:26 AM
He may be, and Ian might have just either heard wrong, or taken somethng the wrong way. I was just replying to Pauro's point by saying Ian wouldn't be doing this for a laugh.I think he may have got the wrong end of the stick or someone was winding him up.
The Examiner is due back before the courts on Monday and i've heard he's meeting with office staff today. No reason for him to cut the cord now without completing the Examinership process.

bohs til i die
27/08/2008, 9:40 AM
I think he may have got the wrong end of the stick or someone was winding him up.
The Examiner is due back before the courts on Monday and i've heard he's meeting with office staff today. No reason for him to cut the cord now without completing the Examinership process.

Maybe ive got this wrong but Cork arent actually in examinership yet. They return to high court next week and only then will they be placed in examinership?

Before then, anything can happen.

Plastic Paddy
27/08/2008, 9:53 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but is "examinership" akin to "administration" as it exists in British company law?

:ball: PP

OneRedArmy
27/08/2008, 9:56 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but is "examinership" akin to "administration" as it exists in British company law?

:ball: PP
Kind of. More similar to US Chapter 11 in credit protection terms (iirc) but in that its the last stage before receivership, yes.

Les Fluer
27/08/2008, 3:11 PM
Well, one has been laid off, another resigned yesterday after not being given any guarantees. 2 Full timers at least have been asked to go back part time. Those who have survived the cull have been asked to take VERY substantial pay cuts. The percentage I have heard is quite unreasonable, but it's their own decision as to whether to take it or not.

Players being met this afternoon, and can only assume the same figure will be mentioned. My guess is a few of them will ask for their contracts to be terminated.

Aaron
27/08/2008, 4:17 PM
If they havnt been paid they are free agents, Stephen McGuinness pointed this out on MNS a few weeks ago. 60% is what i'm hearing for the players cut:eek:

OneRedArmy
27/08/2008, 4:36 PM
Those who have survived the cull have been asked to take VERY substantial pay cuts. The percentage I have heard is quite unreasonable, but it's their own decision as to whether to take it or not.
Presumably equally as unreasonable as their current salary if thats what it takes to survive!

Suppose its all down to whether they feel they can get more elsewhere.

dancinpants
27/08/2008, 4:43 PM
70 % :eek:

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/main.php?action=newsLink&headlineID=522

brianw82
27/08/2008, 4:50 PM
Wow. So if someone was on 2K a week, they're now on €600 a week.

The question is, how long is this 'interim' period going to last, and what players have not accepted the cut?

bellavistaman
27/08/2008, 4:51 PM
breakin news on tv3 about city missed the gist of it but their accepting redundancies

bellavistaman
27/08/2008, 5:02 PM
just on 96fm too official statement, 70% pay cut across the board, no choice.

Sad day for football IMO.

saint morrissey
27/08/2008, 5:31 PM
cant see too many players sticking around down there.

Ash
27/08/2008, 5:32 PM
Might have misheard as I just caught the tail end of the report but it sounded like Paul McGee and the Head Physio have left the club

sligoman
27/08/2008, 5:32 PM
Yeah Ski lost his job, raging:(

Battery Rover
27/08/2008, 5:43 PM
Yeah Ski lost his job, raging:(

He will be looking for a job with us again:ball:

Tir Oilean
27/08/2008, 6:04 PM
This needs to happen a few other clubs before our league will become more stable. The guys leaving CCFC will find it difficult to get the same wages they were on surely? (unless they go to England) I would imagine that Bohs Pats and Drogs are too close to bursting at the seams in the wages dept to sign any of these guys.

gufct
27/08/2008, 7:17 PM
just on 96fm too official statement, 70% pay cut across the board, no choice.

Sad day for football IMO.

Dont know if its a sad day.Its realism that the el cant keep on going as it is and until boards stand up to managers and say no when they are paying crazy wages that clubs cant afford this will happen again and again.

Bohs,Pats & Drogheda which one is next pin the bottle lads.

pete
27/08/2008, 7:37 PM
Might have misheard as I just caught the tail end of the report but it sounded like Paul McGee and the Head Physio have left the club

I hope I get this correct...

Operations, Marketing, Assistant Manager & fitness coach redundant. Promotions & other some non-playing staff part time I think. Remaining staff 70% cut across the board for interim period.

I would assume players can look for alternative employment in the meanwhile & this may change if new owner comes in.

neville neville
27/08/2008, 8:19 PM
Just out of Intrest...............
Can players refuse to take the cut. insisting that Cork fulfill they're end of the contract or are the contract worthless as they've gone into examinership

Martinho II
27/08/2008, 9:28 PM
so what cork city players have gone does anyone know???

micls
27/08/2008, 10:53 PM
so what cork city players have gone does anyone know???

None. All players have accepted the pay cut.

Now thats not to say they may ot be looking for other clubs but they will be playing on for only 30% of their wages.

They also all came to the Supporters trust meeting tonight.

Everyone that took that wage cut to help save the club is a legend in my eyes. Quite unbelievable

sligoman
27/08/2008, 11:46 PM
Everyone that took that wage cut to help save the club is a legend in my eyes. Quite unbelievableWas it not forced onto them?

brianw82
28/08/2008, 7:09 AM
Fair play to the players for accepting the cut. They probably realise as well that the remaining big 3 can't afford to take any of them on, so what choice do they have?

Ash
28/08/2008, 7:29 AM
Was it not forced onto them?

They could have left as free agents as far as I know

amaccann
28/08/2008, 7:48 AM
Does anyone know what kind of wages that the players were on? I can't help think that with all the talk around inflated wages in the LoI, that some of the players took the club completely to the cleaners & sucked larger-than-deserved wages.

This whole affair is really going to be a kick in the teeth for any attempts to tempt investors into the league, especially a main sponsor.

Macy
28/08/2008, 8:46 AM
They could have left as free agents as far as I know
I think they still can, judging on what the PFAI were saying on Morning Ireland. Also said that it is a wage deferment rather than a cut, and that they (the PFAI) expect the wages to be honoured.

jinxy lilywhite
28/08/2008, 8:58 AM
Does anyone know what kind of wages that the players were on? I can't help think that with all the talk around inflated wages in the LoI, that some of the players took the club completely to the cleaners & sucked larger-than-deserved wages.

This whole affair is really going to be a kick in the teeth for any attempts to tempt investors into the league, especially a main sponsor.

You can't really blame the players for trying to get the best possible wage. The fault lies with the clubs not having the balls to develop any sort of wage structure, or to refuse the player his demands.

What struck last night reading the news was how come Cork got Joe Gamble to resign on a lucrative deal last month knowing full well that this was around the corner . They must of signed at least two first team players in the window also. Cork City/Arkaga whatever their called showed a complete breach of their duties as owners of the club and I hope the Director of Corporate Enforcement is looking into the clubs situation.

Dodge
28/08/2008, 9:09 AM
Nothing wrong with players asking for money, up to those in charge to say no.

LOI football is never an investment. There's simply no way to make money here. If people put in money for "the right reasons", they can get lots out of it. A monetary return on their investment won't be one of them.

Partizan
28/08/2008, 10:49 AM
This is a reply to a Cork fan that I put up on our own website today and as the content in it implies, I'm not too optimistic for a positive outcome for CCFC.

http://www.btid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1596

Dunnocks, yere brownbread, end of. You've a massive debt to try and clear. Its costing 55k to run CCFC every week. Last night only 120 odd people turned up to the FORAS meeting. Where in the name of Allah are you going to come up with the cash to a) clear the debts and b) come up with the shekels to pay the remaining players and officials reduced wages. Your players are free agents and can leave any time. Not to mention the PFAI wont be too happy as either will the FAI for that matter. And anyway who the hell is going to invest in your club when you have no fixed assets to speak of and a list of creditors banging down the front looking to be paid.

Right now over on Cáwk Central, its desperation time. http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/Tonight-s-meeting-Telecom-Clu-t27094.html

You are practically holding out for a Lord of the Rings-esque Knight in Shining Armour to come galloping along and rescue all the hapless & doomed inhabitants of all of Cáwkiedom. Guess what, it aint going to happen and we know that through our own bitter experience. You left it too late to get organised and allowed yourselves to get sucked in by all the fvckwittery of Arkaga - 30,000 seater stadium which inflated your already over inflated egos and drifted off further into cloud-cuckooland.

A bit of advice, right now you'd be better off allowing CCFC to go into liquidation, start off with a new club in the 1st Division, this time run by you, the fans. Any money you put into CCFC right now is only getting Arkaga off the hook as they have stated that they wish to hold onto a stake within the Club. Only problem is what to call yourselves. I must admit, put the thinking cap on. You have already used up the City, Hibernians, Celtic, FC, Bohemians, United, Alberts, Fordsons, Evergreen names.

At least our 6 league titles and 2 cups are safe for foreseeable future.

What FORAS & CCOSC need to do is get organised, build up a war chest and take over CCFC from Arkaga, thats if Arkaga do decide to cut and run. Failing that, the Cáwkies would be better off letting the Club go into liquidation, start from scratch with a new club. With Arkaga announcing that they wish to hold a stake within the Club, I feel FORAS are swimming against the tide.

placid casual
28/08/2008, 10:58 AM
Is it true that at the FORAS meeting ,the grand total of 100 people showed up ?
out of an average attendence of 3,000-ish?
If so then the second city dont deserve a football club.
expect to hear "at least you've still got sunderland" & "arkaga our hero" at the game tomorrow.

OneRedArmy
28/08/2008, 11:10 AM
Is it true that at the FORAS meeting ,the grand total of 100 people showed up ?
out of an average attendence of 3,000-ish?
If so then the second city dont deserve a football club.
expect to hear "at least you've still got sunderland" & "arkaga our hero" at the game tomorrow.How quickly you forget.