PDA

View Full Version : The FAI and the Suits

Daxion
16/09/2003, 10:45 AM
I have just heard how the FAI intend to allocate the precious tickets for the Swiss game. 1500 for the fans and 1500 for the Travel Agents and Sponsors.
That means the Dublin Branch of the supporters club get 34 tickets and the London Branch get 18, which is 10% of their block booking schemes.
So the suits and sunshine supporters WIN again.

When will the FAI introduce a loyalty scheme, that includes both home and away games?

I and several others, about 30 in all have been to all 7 games.
Where were these "suits" when we went to Georgia & Albania in March.

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dodge
16/09/2003, 11:06 AM
Without sponsorship, the team couldn't function properly. Its a fact of life. Get over it

Junior
16/09/2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by DAXION
I have just heard how the FAI intend to allocate the precious tickets for the Swiss game. 1500 for the fans and 1500 for the Travel Agents and Sponsors.
That means the Dublin Branch of the supporters club get 34 tickets and the London Branch get 18, which is 10% of their block booking schemes.
So the suits and sunshine supporters WIN again.

When will the FAI introduce a loyalty scheme, that includes both home and away games?

I and several others, about 30 in all have been to all 7 games.
Where were these "suits" when we went to Georgia & Albania in March.

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get.

It's a ****ey state of affairs. The 34 that go to the Dublin Branch will be distributed to those who go on the club trip first and the remaining three will go to a ballot of about 170 fans, Im not holding my breath on getting one of these!!!

But hey, its real life apparently that sponsors/corp get 50% of the allocation, get over it:mad:

Ozymandias
16/09/2003, 12:28 PM
Its disgraceful..I posted a thread on this as well.., The FAI are rotten to the core.....Hope the fans make a protest in basel about it.

I am sick about it...And I rang them last monday to ask did I get an allocation as I had to confirm hotels and flights...that bitch mary byrne wouldn't tell me...then I get a letter on friday saying i didn't get any...if she had told me she would have saved me a fortune...maybe not I would have travelled anyway but she didn't care. after all we are lowely fans.

Ozymandias
16/09/2003, 12:30 PM
sponsors are fine...Travel agents ?????...thats just a scam.

Dodge
16/09/2003, 12:35 PM
On travel agents. A mate of mine works for a fairly big travel agent and he said they got no tickets from the FAI. they get theirs on the black market

pete
16/09/2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by DAXION
1500 for the Travel Agents and Sponsors.

Woukld think that 1500 also includes tickets for players & officials. Sponsors play good money to be associated with the international team so makes sense they get tickets for their competitions 'n stuff.

Daxion
16/09/2003, 2:13 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
On travel agents. A mate of mine works for a fairly big travel agent and he said they got no tickets from the FAI. they get theirs on the black market

I assume you are on about 747. He gets his tickets from Uncle Ray. And Uncle Ray like a good "businessman" sic, he adds his percentage on top. He is the black market for the tickets.
:mad:

Dodge
16/09/2003, 2:29 PM
Not 747 but another one. They're all the same...

SuperDub
16/09/2003, 2:41 PM
I heard 747 r black listed by the fai in relation to getting tickets from them.

Junior
16/09/2003, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by SuperDub
I heard 747 r black listed by the fai in relation to getting tickets from them.

I hope so, I remember travelling independently to Macedonia (the last minute equaliser game...why did I bring that up:mad: )

That fecker who's always there running the show for 747 sold me and my 3 mates tickets for the game at around treble the face value. Touts!!!!!!!!!!

Fun_mac_Cool
18/09/2003, 12:48 PM
I was also in Macedonia - sorry to bring this up - and we were also ripped off by 747 for Match Tickets.

Daxion
18/09/2003, 1:02 PM
I hear Uncle Ray is charging €120 for a €25 ticket for the game. TOUT barstewart.
:mad:

gspain
18/09/2003, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by Fun_mac_Cool
I was also in Macedonia - sorry to bring this up - and we were also ripped off by 747 for Match Tickets.

If you were on the same trip as me (joint one with Stephens Green - day trip) then being ripped off on our tickets was the least of the problems - 5 hours on the tarmac in Rimini and 90 minutes on a bus outside Skopje airport - we got a taxi and made the kickoff - those on the buses missed the first 10 minutes. Goran Stavreski's goal just rounded off a totally miserable day.

Treacy definitely would have got tickets from the F.A.I. - I doubt if any of the others did.

It was always much cheaper to organsie your own trip. I would only use the travel agents now for day trips.

I got tickets for Switzerland from the lottery. I know I'm one of the lucky ones. Friends who were in Tbilisi and Tehran didn't. However it is the first time we've had problems with away tickets outside of major finals.

d13bohs
20/09/2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Dodge

hmmmm wonder who it is, middle abbey street is such a big place....

**** ABBEY TRAVEL

Barna Bee
21/09/2003, 2:36 AM
I got tickets for Switzerland from the lottery.

Can you please tell me what part of the ground you are in i.e section etc

as it looks (according to elenaside.com that there might be trouble for those of us who got tickets from ticketcorner.ch or through the online touts