PDA

View Full Version : The Importance Of Tuesday

luka
25/08/2008, 6:26 AM
Lads,

It can't be stressed enough how important it is that ALL members attand the meeting on Tuesday night. It's vital to the Club's future that you're all there. Take my word on that please.

pcplod
25/08/2008, 7:40 AM
I agree that it is important but we must also make sure that it is productive. If we have people going in on tuesday night to cause trouble we might aswell stay at home as the meeting will be pointless. It is time to rally around and start operating as a team (off the pitch), if we dont we are only fooling ourselves

offside rule
25/08/2008, 9:58 AM
It is not a meeting for 'any trouble', there will be No blaming game or ganging up by/on any groups.

ITS very serious lads, its purely Financial - and as said its ideas on how to save the club... and ideas that need to be acted upon FAST!!!. http://onefootballforum.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

This week will undoubtably be the biggest week in the history of Cobh Ramblers Football Club - unfortunately it wont be the football taking centre stage . . . until Sat nite

RamsieOnTour
25/08/2008, 11:05 AM
Can supporters of the club who are not members but would like to become members go to this meeting on Tuesday.

6yardpunisha
25/08/2008, 11:08 AM
Can supporters of the club who are not members but would like to become members go to this meeting on Tuesday.

i dont think so

bellavistaman
25/08/2008, 3:47 PM
i dont think so

No, i presume e'll all be met at the door by happy faces asking for i.d and rightly so... considering theres rats about..

bellavistaman
25/08/2008, 3:51 PM
It is not a meeting for 'any trouble', there will be No blaming game or ganging up by/on any groups.

ITS very serious lads, its purely Financial - and as said its ideas on how to save the club... and ideas that need to be acted upon FAST!!!. http://onefootballforum.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

This week will undoubtably be the biggest week in the history of Cobh Ramblers Football Club - unfortunately it wont be the football taking centre stage . . . until Sat nite

I agree with everything your saying there offsider but why have a link to to lukas forum for a smiley face that is available here. like so:confused:, :D

offside rule
25/08/2008, 4:59 PM
I agree with everything your saying there offsider but why have a link to to lukas forum for a smiley face that is available here.

:eek:was doing a bit of copying and pasting,never deleted/edited the smiley face properly, when I posted my reply it came out like that.
Apologies!!!;)

jamesd
25/08/2008, 6:54 PM

I might be ate for this too, but I really believe as all of the business of the club has been brought into the public domain, I really feel that if there are genuine people who would like to assist, then they should be left in too.

Afterall, Season Tickets are not available throughout the season and I know quite a few people that would support the club by getting one.

Perehaps for the future, Season Tickets could marketed as a way of supporting the Club and NOT sold as your way to a vote.

hillman
25/08/2008, 7:30 PM
I wonder do people realise how bad things actually are.Its around that we are out of business...... god help us if its true.

chimpster
26/08/2008, 5:50 AM
Perhaps for the future, Season Tickets could marketed as a way of supporting the Club and NOT sold as your way to a vote.

One of the most sensible things I've heard in ages.

To keep the club afloat, we need to launch a coherent Save Ramblers appeal, pull out all the stops and hit the town from all angles. A big push on the club lotto, cheap ground sponsorship offers sent out to every business in the town, cheap clubhouse rental offers (for parties etc.), early booking for Xmas parties, a 'half-way' more afforable version of the 2k membership deal (e.g. 750 for 2 years), a benefit gig, a 50/50 benefit match vs. City, race night, poker classic, golf classic, hire out the pitch to other clubs (one-offs or long-term ground share), bucket collections, throwing wet sponges at Hendo, sponsored walks, sponsored balancing an egg on your head, whatever it takes to raise a few euros and get us through this season. Every idea should be considered seriously.

Perhaps more importantly, we have to look at the basic structure of the club, in order to attract the larger investment we need to survive longer term. Our constitution is totally out of date and has been holding us back for years. As a members club (rather than a limited company), not only are we seen as a high risk for banks, but he we extremely unattractive to any potential investors. Without the liberty to develop the club themselves, anyone who may come looking at us as an investment will be viewing it simply as a means of stripping assets and dissolving the club in order to get at the land.

Unfortunately I won't be there tonight, but I would strongly advocate that now is the time to re-invent Cobh Ramblers. My vision is for a limited company combined with a strong supporters club. To keep the fans closely involved there would be two or three non-executive Directors on the Board who are elected annually (or every two years) by the Supporters Club membership. Also, certain activities (e.g. the bar, fundraising, away travel, community liaison, etc.) could be devolved to the Supporters Club. At a later date, share options could be made available with Supporters Club members getting first option.

This would provide us with a coherent management structure, it would elminate this one-season mentality for Board/Committee members and it would make us investible in hard times like the present. If we get through this, we have to learn from it and make the necessary changes to stop it happening again. Its time to wake up and move into the 21st century lads.

rambler14
26/08/2008, 9:21 AM

To keep the club afloat, we need to launch a coherent Save Ramblers appeal, pull out all the stops and hit the town from all angles. A big push on the club lotto, cheap ground sponsorship offers sent out to every business in the town, cheap clubhouse rental offers (for parties etc.), early booking for Xmas parties, a 'half-way' more afforable version of the 2k membership deal (e.g. 750 for 2 years), a benefit gig, a 50/50 benefit match vs. City, race night, poker classic, golf classic, hire out the pitch to other clubs (one-offs or long-term ground share), bucket collections, throwing wet sponges at Hendo, sponsored walks, sponsored balancing an egg on your head, whatever it takes to raise a few euros and get us through this season. Every idea should be considered seriously.

Some great suggestions there chimpster but I would suggest throw a sponge at Ian Stokes rather than Hendo!
What about a sports day held in conjunction with the fun run???

6yardpunisha
26/08/2008, 11:47 AM

Perhaps more importantly, we have to look at the basic structure of the club, in order to attract the larger investment we need to survive longer term. Our constitution is totally out of date and has been holding us back for years. As a members club (rather than a limited company), not only are we seen as a high risk for banks, but he we extremely unattractive to any potential investors. Without the liberty to develop the club themselves, anyone who may come looking at us as an investment will be viewing it simply as a means of stripping assets and dissolving the club in order to get at the land.

Unfortunately I won't be there tonight, but I would strongly advocate that now is the time to re-invent Cobh Ramblers. My vision is for a limited company combined with a strong supporters club. To keep the fans closely involved there would be two or three non-executive Directors on the Board who are elected annually (or every two years) by the Supporters Club membership. Also, certain activities (e.g. the bar, fundraising, away travel, community liaison, etc.) could be devolved to the Supporters Club. At a later date, share options could be made available with Supporters Club members getting first option.

This would provide us with a coherent management structure, it would elminate this one-season mentality for Board/Committee members and it would make us investible in hard times like the present. If we get through this, we have to learn from it and make the necessary changes to stop it happening again. Its time to wake up and move into the 21st century lads.

Will someone please print off this post and read it out tonight at the meeting as it is one of the best posts with regard to saving the club

rambler14
26/08/2008, 11:39 PM
I'm just home from work and I'm going to assume the meeting is still going on seeing as no-one has posted!

bellavistaman
27/08/2008, 2:37 AM
It was over about half ten, 11. It looked very bleak at one stage but REAL supporters showed their true colurs and we came together, showed that maybe, maybe, despite everything else, we can survive, and we'll will still be here this time next year.

The end of the meeting was very productive the most prodctive bit of a meeting i was ever at, and we CANNOT go into details but there are plans to get us out of this mess, and bring the club forward..

I stress to posters reveal nothing private on this for once, privately talk away, but on these forums keep it through PM if you have questions, and please give the media nothing to play with. They showed up onight but we gave them nothing............................. Hopefully.

Finally all i wanted from tonight, was to have a club to wake up supporting, have our manager, chairman and FULL committee still operating, to have new structures in place to give members a re-assurance that things willl be accounted for, presonally i hope, and belive john meade (snr) will pick the right man to join the new financial committee because it really is a decision that will change the future of the club, and maybe ask the two people that turned down the opportunity tonight, because it was a big ask and after time to think they might have a change of heart. I told john who i felt would be very appropoiate and efficient to have on board and hopefully we will hear nothing but positive messages from the current committee and the new financial committee in the future.

I REPEAT AND STRESSS THAT I BEG MEMEBERS OF THESE FORUMS TO KEEP EVERY PRIVATE ISSUE IN-HOUSE, AND NOT ON THESE FORUMS, ANY MEMBER WHO COULD NOT MAKE IT AND WANTS DETAISL USE THE OM SERVICE PROVIDED.

Claret & Blue
27/08/2008, 8:34 AM
Well said Bella, info must be kept to members for the time being.

But when this finance committee start looking for money etc from businesses or otherwise, the club will have to be open about finances etc.

Anyway from what you said Bella, we have a game on Saturday against Galway, we will be turning up for that anyway. C'mon lads everyone get behind the team on Saturday. A win on Saturday and we have 4 pts from 6 and were on a mini roll. Hopefully roll on to Premier survival!

Its been said so many times before but its time for EVERYONE to get behind the Chairman, committee, Manager and players and roar the team on to success.

rambler14
27/08/2008, 10:16 AM
Can someone pm me the story of the meeting as I was unable to attend due to work?

the sub
27/08/2008, 12:34 PM
Well said Bella, info must be kept to members for the time being.

But when this finance committee start looking for money etc from businesses or otherwise, the club will have to be open about finances etc.

Anyway from what you said Bella, we have a game on Saturday against Galway, we will be turning up for that anyway. C'mon lads everyone get behind the team on Saturday. A win on Saturday and we have 4 pts from 6 and were on a mini roll. Hopefully roll on to Premier survival!

Its been said so many times before but its time for EVERYONE to get behind the Chairman, committee, Manager and players and roar the team on to success.
had you a full attendance

Claret & Blue
27/08/2008, 1:19 PM
had you a full attendance

According to todays Echo there were about 100 there.

Even after Bella's empassioned plea to keep the meeting between members, details of the meeting make todays Echo.

rambler14
27/08/2008, 1:33 PM

Even after Bella's empassioned plea to keep the meeting between members, details of the meeting make todays Echo.

So around 60 were missing.

pcplod
27/08/2008, 2:13 PM
There was 78 about two thirds of the membership

bellavistaman
27/08/2008, 3:40 PM

You think after me pleaing they'd all stop. :eek::D

Claret & Blue
27/08/2008, 3:43 PM
You think after me pleaing they'd all stop. :eek::D

To be honest, I didnt:)

There is always a mole somewhere!

Rovers1
27/08/2008, 3:52 PM
I would suggest throw a sponge at Ian Stokes rather than Hendo!

i would drive to cobh, walk even to take part in that!