PDA

View Full Version : Setanta's eircom League coverage

chipsahoy
24/08/2008, 5:48 PM
Get rid of the nordies focusing on financial problems week in week out. Get anchors within the league who will promote the game not try and drag it through the dirt. This is the second time in two weeks that they have spent all the time on air ****ein on about finances

:mad:

Bohemian1890
24/08/2008, 8:31 PM
Felix Healy is car crash tv:o

Martinho II
24/08/2008, 8:35 PM
the thing i hate about setantas coverage is that at half time they have pointless interviews with so called celebrities that i have never heard off.. :(

srfc1928
24/08/2008, 10:25 PM
the thing i hate about setantas coverage is that at half time they have pointless interviews with so called celebrities that i have never heard off.. :(
why is jeffries analysing a pats v Sligo Rovers game
he knows nothing about us.
Its like sending Paul Cook up to analyse Ballymena V Crusaders

Saint_Charlie
24/08/2008, 10:27 PM
Stop moving the games to Sundays...

kdjaC
24/08/2008, 10:37 PM

Unlikely we get them decent viewing figures, gonna be 4 months total before we have a home game on a friday :(

kdjac

GUISAUltra
24/08/2008, 10:52 PM
why is jeffries analysing a pats v Sligo Rovers game
he knows nothing about us.
Its like sending Paul Cook up to analyse Ballymena V Crusaders

dont watch many games on setanta but i got the feeling that jefferies was there because of the setanta cup game between pats and linfield in 10 days time?

kdjaC
24/08/2008, 11:02 PM
dont watch many games on setanta but i got the feeling that jefferies was there because of the setanta cup game between pats and linfield in 10 days time?

jeffires does all the EL games since end of NI season last year.

hes quite good love when he says Drog- eh- da :p

kdjac

srfc1928
24/08/2008, 11:08 PM
jeffires does all the EL games since end of NI season last year.

hes quite good love when he says Drog- eh- da :p

kdjac
No thats called ignorance

sligoman
24/08/2008, 11:15 PM
No thats called ignoranceCook pronounces it the same.

srfc1928
24/08/2008, 11:30 PM
Cook pronounces it the same.
Paul has never been to this country before.
im sure Jeffries has heard and understands the proper pronounciation of a town he was born and raised within approx 80 miles of.

deecay
24/08/2008, 11:33 PM
Trying to ruin football,I hate Setanta

soccerc
24/08/2008, 11:34 PM
Paul has never been to this country before.
im sure Jeffries has heard and understands the proper pronounciation of a town he was born and raised within approx 80 miles of.

How would you pronounce Donaghadee? :D

TheBoss
24/08/2008, 11:38 PM

I think it it is hard to gain new viewers to the league when we are at this stage in the season cause, on Friday Nights, the Bundesliga does be on Setanta Sports and also on Sunday Nights, they show Ligue 1 games, and not to forget La Liga on Sky Sports also on a Sunday Night.

srfc1928
24/08/2008, 11:45 PM
Trying to ruin football,I hate Setanta
Yeah,
but i was really proud of the lads tonight,
and it was a good ad for Rovers,
I think people in the pub where i watched it were surprised at the standard of football we played:ball:

rebelarmyexile
25/08/2008, 12:28 AM
Jefferies is a excellent analyst and ts also good to hear for an external perspective.

Though Felix is painful, Pat Dolan was far far better.

At least fair play to Setanta for bothering to broadcast LOI games, though it looked pitiful on telly tonight with all those empty seats and zero atmosphere. Unlucky Rovers.

rebelarmyexile
25/08/2008, 12:29 AM
No thats called ignorance

No, he pronounces it as it is spelt. He pronunciation is actually the CORRECT Gaelic sound for the 'gh' sound. Must be a Gaelgor haha

Dodge
25/08/2008, 7:35 AM
Jefferies is a excellent analyst and ts also good to hear for an external perspective.

Though Felix is painful, Pat Dolan was far far better.

At least fair play to Setanta for bothering to broadcast LOI games, though it looked pitiful on telly tonight with all those empty seats and zero atmosphere

Agree with all of that

johnny b
25/08/2008, 7:55 AM
Lots of empty seat last night and the shed end closed!!! Pats crowds always low when matches played on a Sunday night, though a decent enough crew came up to support Sligo. Think Seatnta matches are on Sunday cos RTE / TNG can show on Friday nights.

holidaysong
25/08/2008, 9:25 AM
No, he pronounces it as it is spelt. He pronunciation is actually the CORRECT Gaelic sound for the 'gh' sound. Must be a Gaelgor haha

The Irish for Drogheda is Droichead Átha so there shouldn't be a 'gh' sound..

Magicme
25/08/2008, 9:42 AM
Was in a pub yesterday evening when the game was on and went up to the bar where 2 old men were sitting watching the game on the tv. One said to the other "whose playing?" The other said "St Pats, a Dublin team" the first old guy then said "they would put any ould sh*** on tv these days". I was gobsmacked so I commented "that's eircom league at its best, its about time it was on tv"

pete
25/08/2008, 10:37 AM
Was in a pub yesterday evening when the game was on and went up to the bar where 2 old men were sitting watching the game on the tv. One said to the other "whose playing?" The other said "St Pats, a Dublin team" the first old guy then said "they would put any ould sh*** on tv these days". I was gobsmacked so I commented "that's eircom league at its best, its about time it was on tv"

From what I saw was actually a fairly good game but the crowd was very very low which makes it hard to convince anyone.

I don't know if Jeffries is a good analyst but he is clueless about the LOI. His only point of reference is the Setanta Cup which means he has to link players to game he played against them 4 years ago.

Felix & Pat partnership is cringe worthy.

ashbournebohs
25/08/2008, 1:34 PM
Fair play and all that for covering the games but the clubs are losing out financially.Every time a game is moved to a sunday or monday for setanta the home club loses between 500/ 800 from the gate.I dont feel thats an over the top figure either.That equates at 20 euro a head to at least 10k minimum.Factor in merchandise and programmes etc and it becomes higher.If that happens 3 or 4 times a season well do the maths.A paltry 4k is all the home team gets so a club could be losing out on a lot of cash.I was all for the games being broadcast but not at the ad hoc rate its being done at now with the tv companies deciding every few weeks who they are showing.Decide when the fixtures are announced.On reflection i would be in favour of setanta showing a primetime thursday night preview show to complement MNS with all our games on a friday night