PDA

View Full Version : Vs Dundalk

Conroy
23/08/2008, 10:56 PM
Cant make the game, family Reasons and cant see too many heading down 100 tops.

Hoping for a win and dont really care about the preformance at this stage of the season.

joeSoap
26/08/2008, 9:58 AM
Well, ye'll be hell bent on revenge after we humiliated ye at ye're place last time, and we're on a huge high after trashing Athlonio Madrid 3-0 last night....

I predict...a 1-1 draw.

inmoscow
27/08/2008, 8:17 PM
shifting house this week,unable to make game,so thats 3 of us that will miss it

Monkfish
28/08/2008, 7:34 AM
Cant make the game, family Reasons and cant see too many heading down 100 tops.

Hoping for a win and dont really care about the preformance at this stage of the season.

About time we had more than 30/40 visiting fans paying through the gate, in fairness to Dundalk you have consistantly the biggest away support to come to Jackman Park along with Shels.

Us 11/4

Draw 12/5

Them 10/11

redron
28/08/2008, 10:05 AM
And yoos can all get yoor Dundalk FC jerseys in de Super Blues Store on yoor way to de match!!! :eek:;)

Conroy
28/08/2008, 12:37 PM
My Heart hopes 3-1 Dundalk, My head say's 1-1. We where destroyed 4-1 last season down there which led to our bad run in, So that explains my caution about this game.

gael353
28/08/2008, 5:01 PM
Im going for a 0 0 as there is a debs on in Limerick if ye get me :cool:

holidaysong
29/08/2008, 9:41 AM
Does any local radio station have coverage online?

Jofspring
29/08/2008, 10:06 AM
no the only thing you can get is updates at best on limericks live 95fm

sadloserkid
29/08/2008, 12:40 PM
Im going for a 0 0 as there is a debs on in Limerick if ye get me :cool:

I don't... :confused:

Jofspring
29/08/2008, 4:09 PM
hughes and lyons out tonight, think he genuienly meant they are going to a debs :o

Jofspring
29/08/2008, 4:25 PM
dundalk to scrap it 1-2, hope i'm wrong though.

JohnD
29/08/2008, 9:58 PM
The best Limerick peformance this year. Well done lads. It was a pleasure to watch - Ball kept on the ground throughout the game, Great passing and 100% effort given by all. We should have won by 4 !!!!:)

Love the Purcell Superman T-Shirts :D

Roll on Nest Season...I can't wait..It is going to be our year

JohnD

L37Ultra
29/08/2008, 11:09 PM
Fantastic match. Mike Kerley has them played some really great football. The likes of Walshe, Tierney and Sheehan were unreal tonight.

Match Report here (http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/101/111/10423/2/)

see's it
30/08/2008, 7:18 AM
well done lastnight a good high tempo performance.hanging on near the end when the game should have been over at half time.the front two were excellent,tierneys awareness and sheehan raw pace caused dundalk problems all night.their centre half was spotted chasing sheehan up careys road at 11.30 lastnight (still didnt catch him)......keep up the good work mike!

Denis The Red
30/08/2008, 7:53 PM
I need to make two points about last nights game;
1st point, The Dr. Jeckyll of L37 turned up last night instead of Mr. Hyde and it was a vintage display and well worth the 3 points. Might have even scored more goals, in fact should have scored more, 4-0 would not have flattered us. Playing like that more often we could be genuine contenders for promotion right now, young team or not. Great stuff!!
My second point, is again the lousy attendance, 491 I think I heard! Now I'll admit I can't get to every home game but when I can I do, but to see that paltry number on a mild August Friday evening just p*sses me off no end. We were playing top of the league and lets face it a premier division club next season, we're mid-table ourselves playing decent enough football and we could barely reach 500 spectators.
And I don't want to hear about United being on the box in the super cup as an excuse because I'm an avid Man U fan myself. It's just not good enough.
No wonder the league is in the mess it's in with Cork City running from the creditors and such.
I bet there were more Limerick supporters in Musgarve park last night at the Munster game than Cork. We deserve better.
C'mon you Super Blues!!!

Monkfish
31/08/2008, 12:55 AM
We deserve better.

Of course we do and the list of excuses is getting shorter and shorter, its not like the games are not advertised anymore.
Fact is though the Man Utd and Munster games did make an impact on our attendance, personally i couldnt care less if these types of people never came to games (the club will of course disagree, and the fact that patrons = much needed cash their probably right) but id rather stand with 500 like-minded people than thousands of corporate whore following mugs singing the same (Connaght) song over and over who will run at the first sign of trouble.

Complements to the Dundalk fans last night also, always a pleasure and hopefully whoever it was that lost their phone got it back (it was given to John Gill on the team bus)

sadloserkid
31/08/2008, 11:05 AM
Kudos to the Dundalk players too who always go out of their way to applaud the home support too.

Excellent performance too. There's the guts of a really good team there now.

KevB76
31/08/2008, 12:09 PM
One small point to add to all the above, credit due to Brian Cleary at left full for a solid competent performance. He's deservedly taken a lot of flack for his inadequacies in recent matches, so I think its only fair to acknowledge his improvement. Keep it up :ball:

Jofspring
31/08/2008, 1:02 PM
hopefully limerick can keep the performance up with a very strong finish this season. looking forward to the visit of shelbourne, if limerick play like last night i can definately see a win there.

see's it
31/08/2008, 8:19 PM
One small point to add to all the above, credit due to Brian Cleary at left full for a solid competent performance. He's deservedly taken a lot of flack for his inadequacies in recent matches, so I think its only fair to acknowledge his improvement. Keep it up :ball:

are you joking me? 6 ft odd and he cant header the ball,the winger had loads of time every time he got the ball.how many times do you see Cleary making a sliding tackle to try recover,8 or 9 a game.always a bad sign to me it means his making up for bad positioning in the 1st place.his way to timid for a defender aswell.huge improvement needed for me

Lim till i die
02/09/2008, 9:57 PM
are you joking me? 6 ft odd and he cant header the ball,the winger had loads of time every time he got the ball.how many times do you see Cleary making a sliding tackle to try recover,8 or 9 a game.always a bad sign to me it means his making up for bad positioning in the 1st place.his way to timid for a defender aswell.huge improvement needed for me

I think the point was that he was better than he has been.

Which, having seen all the games I can confirm.

However a lot of the credit has to go to Mike Kerley for rather cannily ( :eek: ) sitting Tommy in front of him.

You could tell Dundalk had studied us though. Every single ball in the first half in particular was looking for Cassidy despite having a perfectly competent Jamie Duffy on the other wing.

Problem for them was Gill didn't respond to Kerleys tactics.

So a tactical coup for Magic Mike v John Gill :eek: :)

KevB76
03/09/2008, 9:48 PM
I think the point was that he was better than he has been.

Yeah, thats pretty much what I was trying to say.
I was trying to give a bit of encouragment for a change (doubt he reads this stuff anyway).

sadloserkid
07/09/2008, 2:07 PM
Yeah, thats pretty much what I was trying to say.
I was trying to give a bit of encouragment for a change (doubt he reads this stuff anyway).

I think you'd be surprised at how many players about the league read this site.