PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Firestorm
21/08/2008, 11:56 AM
I watched a couple of Cobh games whilst in Cork a few years ago and really liked the club.
We decided to catch a game of football whilst on holiday and it was either Cork City in the Champions league of a 1st Division match on the sunday.
Took the sunday option as I honestly perfer grass roots football, enjoyed the game so much we went back the following week for the Scunthorpe friendly.

I was really pleased to see Cobh won promotion last year and expected a tough season, but I was very concerned to read of the troubles on here.

Could anyone give me a brief run down on what the problems are ?

As there a supporters trust set up or a fighting fund ?

Thanks for your time Gents, I tend to "adopt" to occasional club as "my other team" and look out for the results, get the shirt etc but both Cobh and my Scottish team (Clach in the Highland league) are both having problems at the moment.

And apologies in advance if this has come over in any way patronising ...it is genuine interest and a passion for the smaller clubs.

pcplod
21/08/2008, 1:04 PM
No appoligies needed it is nice to know that someone other than us in cobh has a genuine intrest in saving our club. At the moment we are having some financial difficulties and are trying to raise funds to clear this. One of the ways we are doing this is by asking people to give €2000 to the club either straight from their own pocket or by a loan that the ailled irish bank have agreed to set up for. I return each person will get five years membership to the club and a seat reerved in the stand for that period also. There are other plans in the pipeline but this is the most recent. I am sure the club would be interestd in any new members joining and any ideas any one might have.

There is a lot of bad press surronding or club at the moment which is very sad because as a members owned club we have done extrodinarly well but it seems that there are those amongst us that dont want it to continue for what reason only god could tell us at the stage. The only thing is that there are enough people in our club with its good at heart and hopefully with all of us ralling around we will come out the other side of this even stronger.