PDA

View Full Version : Why The Silence?

Pages : [1] 2

sligo1
21/08/2008, 8:26 AM
We are going through one of the most important periods in our Clubs history both in terms of the structure of the club and the finances related to the Club and yet there is silence from the Committee of our Club and even the General Public.Do people not care anymore?

There has been no update from the Club in relation to the Club's Fundraising Drive since 12th August in any media form.
I asked our PRO a couple of questions on another thread and he hasn't bothered to come back and answer them.

Anyway on to our EGM/Special Meeting:

Tony Mcgee's proposal was passed by 43 votes to 9 votes-that means there was somewhere between a 10 and 20% turnout of the members-that was a terrible turnout.There are over 30 people on the various Sligo Rovers Committees-does this mean either only another 22 turned up or a lot of these people didn't turn up.

Either way people voted for change.

So who are these 5 Business People willing to come on board to help run the Club?Well it appears there aren't any yet!
I am not sure has Tony got them lined up but he has to go and get them now.

What is the process for reducing the present Committee down to 5? that will be interesting!

So when does this new Management Committee take over the running of Sligo Rovers?
We have to wait 4 weeks for the list of 5 Businessmen-why so long-they are either going to get involved or they are not.

Who is our new Chairperson going to be-it appears Tony actually has somebody lined up for this-he just needs a Committee to chair!!

Where does Vincent Nally fit in in all this?After all his good work over the last few years,I hope he will be involved in some shape or form.

Something tells me that this is going to go on a lot longer than 4 weeks-Hopefully I am wrong.

brianw82
21/08/2008, 8:58 AM
We have to wait 4 weeks for the list of 5 Businessmen-why so long-they are either going to get involved or they are not.

My guess would be that they still have to be found.

To be perfectly honest, SRFC would be a black hole for any businessman's money. What is the benefit for any of them to get involved?

Why don't we just beg the lads from Westlife? I'm sure they have too much cash.

Knappagh Red
21/08/2008, 12:03 PM
Why don't we just beg the lads from Westlife? I'm sure they have too much cash.

They already sponsor Bohemians, you can't expect them too back every club in the league

red_away
21/08/2008, 12:44 PM
IF TmcGee doesnt have the businessmen already lined up i fear that it wont happen!

As for where does Nally figure in this good question, as he is the type of person you definitely want involved in your club!

avvenalaf
21/08/2008, 1:28 PM
Passing this is a very dangerous decision as people will now ease up on fundraising in the expectation that 'businessmen' will save the club. Tony has two chances of getting five businessmen to invest in Sligo Rovers.

Redzer
21/08/2008, 2:28 PM
Investment aside. We all see the benifit of V. Nally on board. So if you have 5 business people of his stature actually running the club, instead of Joe Soaps the club can only go forward.
Watching some of the MC the other night you could see in their faces, they know the game's up.

sligo1
21/08/2008, 3:36 PM
Hi Redzer,
Did he give any indication of who they might be?
As Vincent Nally is retired,it will be hard to find 5 Business People that will have the time and effort that Vincent puts into the Club.

D Brannigan
21/08/2008, 10:54 PM
We are going through one of the most important periods in our Clubs history both in terms of the structure of the club and the finances related to the Club and yet there is silence from the Committee of our Club and even the General Public.Do people not care anymore?

There has been no update from the Club in relation to the Club's Fundraising Drive since 12th August in any media form.
I asked our PRO a couple of questions on another thread and he hasn't bothered to come back and answer them.

Anyway on to our EGM/Special Meeting:

Tony Mcgee's proposal was passed by 43 votes to 9 votes-that means there was somewhere between a 10 and 20% turnout of the members-that was a terrible turnout.There are over 30 people on the various Sligo Rovers Committees-does this mean either only another 22 turned up or a lot of these people didn't turn up.

Either way people voted for change.

So who are these 5 Business People willing to come on board to help run the Club?Well it appears there aren't any yet!
I am not sure has Tony got them lined up but he has to go and get them now.

What is the process for reducing the present Committee down to 5? that will be interesting!

So when does this new Management Committee take over the running of Sligo Rovers?

Who is our new Chairperson going to be-it appears Tony actually has somebody lined up for this-he just needs a Committee to chair!!

Where does Vincent Nally fit in in all this?After all his good work over the last few years,I hope he will be involved in some shape or form.

Something tells me that this is going to go on a lot longer than 4 weeks-Hopefully I am wrong.
First off ther will be an update given to the press tomorrow afternoon.Second this is not the place to be answering questions(the majority name-less face-less people)i gave you my mob phone number which is turned on 24hrs a day.I dont remember getting a call from anyone claiming to be Mr Sligo1.

Rovers1
21/08/2008, 11:16 PM
first off ther will be an update given to the press tomorrow afternoon.second this is not the place to be answering questions(the majority name-less face-less people)i gave you my mob phone number which is turned on 24hrs a day.i dont remember getting a call from anyone claiming to be mr sligo1.

go on D Brannigan!!!:D

sligo1
22/08/2008, 7:56 AM
Well Done D. Brannigan-an update given to the press today-by the time it gets printed in the local papers it will be 2 weeks since your last update and 3 days before the end of the month which could also mean 3 days before the Club folds(according to yourself).

Will you give a report on last Tuesday nights meeting and the implications for the Club?

"second this is not the place to be answering questions(the majority name-less face-less people)"

If this is not the place to answer questions-where is the place?
This is a Forum for Sligo Rovers Fans-this is the place where you came looking for support for the Club in their hour of need-why should you tell us why the money is needed or what's gone wrong-we're only good for handing over our money.
I think it's time Sligo Rovers did a bit of giving ie letting us know what's going on in our Club as well as taking all the time.

There is more up to date information on this Forum about Sligo Rovers than in all other media outlets put together including the Club's website.

Without "the majority name-less face-less people" there wouldn't be a Sligo Rovers.
Without "the majority name-less face-less people" there wouldn't be anybody fundraising for Sligo Rovers.

If each of the 30 plus people on the various Committees each raised 3,000 euro,you wouldn't be long reaching your target.
If people on the Committees haven't raised that type of money,what are they doing on the Committees in the first place?

So D. Brannigan,can you let us know where this "Place" is that we can get an update on what's happening in our Club-is it a little yellow post-it somewhere stuck on a wall or in somebodys back pocket because it certainly aint here.
It's your job to let us know(ie the General Public) any developements in the Club,good or bad and so far it appears you aren't doing your job.

The clock is ticking:D

As Redzer said:
"Watching some of the MC the other night you could see in their faces, they know the game's up."

Redzer
22/08/2008, 8:46 AM
Hi Redzer,
Did he give any indication of who they might be?
As Vincent Nally is retired,it will be hard to find 5 Business People that will have the time and effort that Vincent puts into the Club.
In a word no, as all the discussion took place before a vote was taken. He was not prepared to name names without aggrement on his proposal.
He did say he had a very prominent businessman willing to chair a meeting of interested business people. The result of that meeting would determine if the business community are willing to come on board.
That meeting will be set up over the next few weeks.
We hear all the time about business people involved in running organisations other than, and as well as their own business's. Even when V.Nally was not retired he did trojon work for Rovers, so I think it would not be a problem as long as the people have Rovers at heart.

sligo1
22/08/2008, 8:52 AM
Good point but I think this needs serious work and time put in.

Was there any exact time frame as when he had to go back to the Committee with names?

Redzer
22/08/2008, 11:53 AM
No. A time frame was not discussed. But he said he would be back to the board with an update in about 3 weeks.

sligo1
22/08/2008, 12:06 PM
So really Redzer,this could go on for a while then.
Was there any indication as to how the present Management Committee was going to be reduced?

Out of curiousity,what was the actual motion before the meeting that the members voted on?

Rory H
22/08/2008, 12:21 PM
Well Done D. Brannigan-an update given to the press today-by the time it gets printed in the local papers it will be 2 weeks since your last update and 3 days before the end of the month which could also mean 3 days before the Club folds(according to yourself).

Will you give a report on last Tuesday nights meeting and the implications for the Club?

"second this is not the place to be answering questions(the majority name-less face-less people)"

If this is not the place to answer questions-where is the place?
This is a Forum for Sligo Rovers Fans-this is the place where you came looking for support for the Club in their hour of need-why should you tell us why the money is needed or what's gone wrong-we're only good for handing over our money.
I think it's time Sligo Rovers did a bit of giving ie letting us know what's going on in our Club as well as taking all the time.

There is more up to date information on this Forum about Sligo Rovers than in all other media outlets put together including the Club's website.

Without "the majority name-less face-less people" there wouldn't be a Sligo Rovers.
Without "the majority name-less face-less people" there wouldn't be anybody fundraising for Sligo Rovers.

If each of the 30 plus people on the various Committees each raised 3,000 euro,you wouldn't be long reaching your target.
If people on the Committees haven't raised that type of money,what are they doing on the Committees in the first place?

So D. Brannigan,can you let us know where this "Place" is that we can get an update on what's happening in our Club-is it a little yellow post-it somewhere stuck on a wall or in somebodys back pocket because it certainly aint here.
It's your job to let us know(ie the General Public) any developements in the Club,good or bad and so far it appears you aren't doing your job.

The clock is ticking:D

As Redzer said:
"Watching some of the MC the other night you could see in their faces, they know the game's up."

I think the place you are looking for is the EGM. Perhaps you should sell your computer, buy a share and your curiosity will be no more.

Not sure what silence you are on about....the only one hiding is yourself. This is not the place to discuss club business. Your name says it all!

sligo1
22/08/2008, 12:58 PM
So Rory,lets say I did go and buy a share in the Club, can you tell me where that money would go and what purpose would it be used for?

"This is not the place to discuss club business."

I'm not actually looking for State Secrets here Rory.I'm looking for along the lines of
" we need x amount of money by such a date.The reason we need this amount of money is because of x,y and z."
and then
weekly updates of how we are doing
and then finally
daily updates as we get nearer the deadline.

Somebody in Sligo Rovers set a target of 130,000 for the Club and General Public to raise
-do you know what it is for?
-do you know what happens if we dont reach the target?
-do you know what happens if we do,where do we get the shortfall for September,October and November?

Obviously all these questions were answered at the EGM so you know all these answers Rory.

As a member of the Trust,how come the Trust wont pay any funds raised by the Trust directly to Sligo Rovers?
They will only pay bills directly to suppliers.
Obviously the Trust and also you being a member of the Trust have issues with Sligo rovers and the way it is being ran.
The Trust have 2 members on the Committee and they dont even know what's going on.

So Rory,the vote on Tuesday was one for change and I hope you voted for change-how did you vote or is that top secret too?

Guts&Glory
22/08/2008, 1:06 PM
I think the place you are looking for is the EGM. Perhaps you should sell your computer, buy a share and your curiosity will be no more.

Not sure what silence you are on about....the only one hiding is yourself. This is not the place to discuss club business. Your name says it all!

Nothing like a bit of infighting to bring us all together lads eh!!!

D Brannigan - your argument of "the majority name-less face-less people" is shocking coming from a PRO representative of the club, people on here obviously care about the club enough to post comments and ideas long before you signed up to the site yet your childish arguement really is beyond countenance.

If foot.ie want to make it compulsory to use our actual names so be it, as for now most peoples names are club related nicknames such as mine Guts and Glory referring to tonty Stenson's comment in the build up to the 1983 FAI cup final that "if we have the Guts we will get the Glory", SRFC 1928 and the like are self explanatory.

If you didnt want to answer questions on this forum why sign up to it in the first place ?

Rory H - Again if this is not the place to discuss club business what exactly are we here to do on this site ?

As regards your arguement to Sligo1 to sell their PC etc. why bother there is very little in the way of answers or accountability given there either.

Are you also saying that any paying customer at the Showgrounds should just pay the entrance money and go home after the game without any debate and questions on the club on this forum, local papaers or the like ?

Maybe stances like that is part of the reason enough funding from the Sligo public cannot be raised at this junctior.

Just give us your money and dont ask any questions!!!

Redzer
22/08/2008, 1:44 PM

I dont think I am giving away any state secret by answering the questions posed. The clubs business is the fans business. I was 1 of the 50 or so that bottered their ar se turning up.
It should not be up to me or the likes of me to answer the questions. So please feel free to take over.
The meeting was Tuesday, its now Friday and apart from myself nobody else has said a word. WHY? That's the silence.

Rory H
22/08/2008, 1:59 PM
I dont think I am giving away any state secret by answering the questions posed. The clubs business is the fans business. I was 1 of the 50 or so that bottered their ar se turning up.
It should not be up to me or the likes of me to answer the questions. So please feel free to take over.
The meeting was Tuesday, its now Friday and apart from myself nobody else has said a word. WHY? That's the silence.

You don't have to. You've contradicted yourself by saying you were one 50 who bothered their arse and that it isn't up to you to answer question. That was the point I was making. If people want to know, let them go to the meeting. If they choose not to, read Dermot's statement that will be in the local press next week. He even offered his mobile number to answer any questions before that.

Sligo1, if you want to discuss the Trust come to the meetings. Not saying it here:D

sligo1
22/08/2008, 4:26 PM
So Rory,by the time Dermotts press release hits the local press next week,it will be seriously out of date plus it will be a full 2 weeks since the last one.

As a member of Sligo Rovers Website Committee,would it be an idea to get the Press release off Dermott and put it up on the site for everybody to see?

In relation to the Club's website,how come its not kept up to date? or do I also need to join some other Committee to find that out as well?

In relation to joining the Trust,as I said the 2 members of the Trust dont even know what's going on(one has gone AWOL since he joined the Committee and the other is fighting a losing battle) so I dont think that is the awnser either.

I thought one of the principles of the Trust was accountability and that there is no hiding.As Alan said,"you know where your money is going".

So Rory,will you put Dermotts Press Release up on the website and out of curiousity did you make the meeting on Tuesday night and if you did,I hope you voted for change.

Knappagh Red
22/08/2008, 4:40 PM
sligo1, you remind me of the people who are always complaining about the government but never vote in an election, if it all bothers you so much why don't you do something about it?

neutrino
22/08/2008, 5:03 PM
the club should make use of the website to publish weekly updates. information is and always has been the key to supporter views and opinions. the more information given the better for everyone. the blurb that sligo rovers is owned by the people of sligo seems to be only true on paper. while certain confidential aspects cant and shouldnt be released, there is piles of information that should be readily available to the public.

if the going 130k into the red is the clubs business then why bother asking supporters for help. there is always a perception that if you ask questions your looking to cause trouble. give people more info and there'll automatically be less questions and speculation. lay the cards on the table to all supporters who ask questions - if supporters know all there is to know they'll be happy with that and get in behind the club. but alot of supporters who give over money do so and never hear updates ; be it club400, a syndicate or whatever. i dont think wanting information is a ludicrous thing to ask for and deserving of being told to be quiet and give your money.

as for attending the meeting. it's always held on a tuesday- which is a hard night for anybody to go. hold it on a saturday or something - personally i'm away from sligo and would need to take a tuesday off to make a meeting and then get back for work wednesday.that's just not feasible for me and i would think alot of people with genuine interest in attending have the same problem.

But I do know anybody doing work on behalf of the club deserves enormous credit and there just isnt enough time in the day to get everything the way it could be. I also heard that the club are looking into regular communications in the form of email newsletters but again I would think time is proving difficult to find for something like that too. Everyone is trying their best and people asking questions is not an attempt to undermine that.

sligo1
22/08/2008, 6:28 PM
Crucial statement from Sligo Rovers AFC Aug 22, 10:41 am

Sligo Rovers Statement

"Despite a doubling of efforts in the sale of the €1,000 syndicate tickets, Sligo Rovers have so far only managed to gather €44,000 of their targeted €130,000.

The club is now appealing to all the people of Sligo and beyond to come along to fill The Showgrounds for our next two home games against Drogheda United on August 30th and Bohemians on September 5th.

We are also asking all those who normally pay the €15 entry fee, season ticket holders, committee members, stewards, press, and anyone who comes to the next two home games to make a €20 voluntary contribution to the club (this excludes, OAPs, students and children). In a welcome show of support by the manager and players, they have agreed to return their free passes for the remainder of the season."

For further information, please contact Club Media Officer, Dermot Brannigan on 087 6172295.

So in the space of 10 days,the Club has raised another 11,000 euro and I'm sure some of this is from fundraisers.

So we have now pushed the date out to the 5th September-what happened the bit about the Club Folding if the 130,000 wasn't raised by the 31st August.

It's not really much of a Press Release is it-it took 10 days to come out with this and it will be out of date by the time the majority of people see it next week.
It doesnt answer any of the questions that were put on the forum-all it does it my opinion is create more questions which will still go unanswered.

It appears from the above Press Release that the Club doesn't have any plans or ideas for the Club whether we reach the 130,000 or not.
Sure lets extend the date and hit the people again who are already supporting us already.

So Knappagh Red,you are on your second card and I really mean it when I say very Well Done.

So what is this money you have helped raise for?-we were told if the Club didnt raise the 130,000 by the 31st August,Sligo Rovers would fold-that obviously isnt the case.

The Syndicate last year was specifically for new players in the Transfer window and their wages-what players were bought and where did the difference go?

"if it all bothers you so much why don't you do something about it?"

So Knappagh Red, if you were me,tell me what you think I should do?

Sell Sligo Rovers to me

brianw82
22/08/2008, 6:49 PM
I also heard that the club are looking into regular communications in the form of email newsletters but again I would think time is proving difficult to find for something like that too.

I get email newsletters from anything and everything. John Joe's corner shop has one. Why not Rovers?

Regarding the €20 contribution, is this supposed to be given WITH the €15 on the gate or instead of it?

The Syndicate last year was specifically for new players in the Transfer window and their wages-what players were bought and where did the difference go?

I'd imagine that, in the unlikely event of there being leftovers from that money, that it was used to pay other players' wages.
Players that came in the summer window last year were Ventre, Mark Boyd and Matthew Gordon. Only Ventre remains.

sligo1
22/08/2008, 9:10 PM
Hi Brian,

When I read it first I actually thought they wanted you to pay 20 euro instead of 15 euro.It's not very well written and I can easily see your take on it.I hope it doesn't have the opposite effect and put people off coming to the games if they think the Club are looking for 35 euro.

The 2 players the Club signed after the Syndicate was completed were actually James Meredith and Mathew Gordon.They were signed on short time contracts which were described at the time by Paul Cook "as sort of a trial...we can look at them before we committ ourselves..."
To the best of my knowledge,there were no transfer fees involved but I am open to correction-either way they didn't cost 60,000 euro.

I have no doubt in the world that the balance of the money, which I'd say was quite considerable, was used by the Club to pay day to day expenses.

The point I am trying to make is that the money raised by the Syndicate was to be used specifically for new players.We were told at the time that any money not used was to be held seperately and only used on new players in the future-a sort of a war chest for Paul Cook.At no point did anybody from the Club come out and say,listen we're not buying any players-we need the money for the Club.

What would have happened if there was no Syndicate-what would have the Club done then?

It seems Sligo Rovers limp on from year to year with no plan of action.

Guess what-its Groundhog Day all over again and again and again.

deecay
22/08/2008, 9:18 PM
Hi Sligo1,im deecay

sligo1
22/08/2008, 9:21 PM
Well Deecay,

What's your take on all things Sligo Rovers?

deecay
22/08/2008, 9:24 PM
If I get started il just start arguing/talking ****e and then banned so il keep my opinions to myself on this thead

sligo1
22/08/2008, 9:32 PM
:D

I dont think you could do any worse than what we have heard from our Committee but then again we haven't heard anything so anything you say will be a bonus.

Rovers1
22/08/2008, 10:21 PM
:D

I dont think you could do any worse than what we have heard from our Committee but then again we haven't heard anything so anything you say will be a bonus.

Hi sligo1,
may i ask you what you have done to help save SRFC?

im not being sarcastic or ignorant, just curious?

sligoman
22/08/2008, 10:55 PM
it is a matter of FACT that if Sligo Rovers Football Club do not raise substantial funds by the end of August 2008, the club will no longer exist in football.
Sligo Rovers have so far only managed to gather €44,000

The club is now appealing to all the people of Sligo and beyond to come along to fill The Showgrounds for our next two home games against Drogheda United on August 30th and Bohemians on September 5th.September 5th?:confused: Does that mean we've been lied to again? Surely not:rolleyes:.

Jeebus
23/08/2008, 3:33 AM
So Rory,by the time Dermotts press release hits the local press next week,it will be seriously out of date plus it will be a full 2 weeks since the last one.

As a member of Sligo Rovers Website Committee,would it be an idea to get the Press release off Dermott and put it up on the site for everybody to see?

In relation to the Club's website,how come its not kept up to date? or do I also need to join some other Committee to find that out as well?

In relation to joining the Trust,as I said the 2 members of the Trust dont even know what's going on(one has gone AWOL since he joined the Committee and the other is fighting a losing battle) so I dont think that is the awnser either.

I thought one of the principles of the Trust was accountability and that there is no hiding.As Alan said,"you know where your money is going".

So Rory,will you put Dermotts Press Release up on the website and out of curiousity did you make the meeting on Tuesday night and if you did,I hope you voted for change.

I've been reading your posts sligo1 for a while now, and i must say you are annoying the tits of me. You persistently ask the same questions again and again. Dermot Brannigan posted his mobile number very early on in either this thread or another you were writing in, yet you keep going on and on. Are you not man enough to phone him and ask him the questions you ask on here??

RoryH is right saying that this is not the place to ask some (most) of your questions..... do you think that by putting answers up here it will benefit our club??

Fair play, you obviously love the club like the rest of us but like i said Dermot B has posted his mobile no. for you to contact him directly... are you big enough to phone him instead of hiding behind a username on a public message board??

You have been registered long enough on this board to know that the rovers website isnt the most up to date on a good day. It is maintained voluntary, im sure they would be glad of your assistance on its up keep if you were willing to offer.

I am not a member of the Trust, as most of you know im involved it the DSC. I love my club, being followiing them over 25 years. I agree with the trust quote that "your money is accountable for". For years we used to send money down to the club and didnt have a clue what it was used for. When we re-established the DSC back in 2005 we made an agreement that from then on any money we raised would go to specific causes, not just given to the club to pay off phone bills etc. We made it clear to the club that this was our intentions.

The tunnel at the showgrounds, including the installing of it, was covered by the DSC. We had a race night here in Dublin last night, from that we are buying 5 syndicate tickets. Like I said, all monies are accountable for.

Sligo1, i have over the years wondered the same as you at times about our club. At the end of the day the MC are voluntary, they have given up their own time to run the club, yet again and again constantly knocked. I agree that the info is very slow to come into the public domain, i often here more from my old fella at home before it is public knowledge. But I love my club, and i say fair fcuks to the people on the MC that have put so much of their own time into running our club. It is time for us to be run properly, a professional club should be run by professionals, but until we can get that we are going to have to make do with what we have.

So again Sligo1, are you big enough to phone D Brannigan with your questions or will you hide behind your username???

See ye all in McDowells for pre match pints on Sunday.

Rant over,

Jeebus out!

DonalE
23/08/2008, 10:51 AM
You were up late

sligo1
23/08/2008, 11:21 AM
Hi Sligoman,

I was wondering when somebody would spot that-I'm sure it's a genuine mistake and not a Conspiracy theory

sligo1
23/08/2008, 11:49 AM
Hi sligo1,
may i ask you what you have done to help save SRFC?

im not being sarcastic or ignorant, just curious?

Hi Rovers1,

"Help save Sligo Rovers from Who or What?"

Sligo Rovers FC will still be around at the end of this year and the end of next year and in 10 years time-what form it will be in will be another thing.

Up until this year I have supported Sligo Rovers by regularly going to the games since 1977,bought any amount of programmes,helped make flags for some of the bigger occasions,bought tickets for any of the draws going bought and sold the Lotto and indirectly supported the Club by going to various Club functions,after matches race nights etc.
This year I have gone to 3 games,bought 3 programmes,bought some lotto tickets and bet on 2 races in Cahenys.

There are loads of guys like me who have done all this.

There are guys like Red Arrow who are so passionate about Sligo Rovers that they would do anything for them no matter what.I would even go as far as to say that it is the dependable guys like Red Arrow who fundraise through thick and thin that has the Club where it is now.If they maybe said "Stop" a while back,then the Club would mabye have embraced change a lot sooner.

There are guys like Redzer who over the years have been 110% behind the Club and Current Committee and are now slowly begining to change their opinions because they see the same mistakes made by the same people year in year out.

All of the above including you love Sligo Rovers to bits but that shouldn't stop us from asking questions or looking for change.

This year I said enough is enough and I thought things were going to change.

I thought,

an EGM,vote taken,vote carried,5 Business People brought on board,Current Management Committee reduced to 5,an Independant Chairman appointed and Bob's your Uncle-off we go...

But no this is Sligo Rovers we are talking about-while I have no doubt in the world change will happen,I cant see it happening this year.

Sorry for rambling on Rovers 1 but to answer your question I haven't really done much for Sligo Rovers this year but if you can tell me what they need saving from,I might be able to help.:D

brianw82
23/08/2008, 1:40 PM
So again Sligo1, are you big enough to phone D Brannigan with your questions or will you hide behind your username???

Yet again, you are silent on this point.

if you can tell me what they need saving from,I might be able to help.:D

Ring Dermot Brannigan and I'm sure he can answer this for you.

Knappagh Red
23/08/2008, 5:25 PM
[QUOTE=sligo1;1005140."

So Knappagh Red, if you were me,tell me what you think I should do?

Sell Sligo Rovers to me[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of a friend of mine who went for a job interview in Dublin, the interviewer took a pen from his top pocket and said "see this pen, sell it to me"

If you were not sold on Rovers then you wouldn't be on this board, if you became a member most of the questions you posed regarding finance were answered by V. Nally at the meeting. If you feel that you want to help out come to a trust meeting or contact the club

red bellied
24/08/2008, 12:23 AM
Sligo 1 is right, the club should break down what this 130,000 is needed for!

dublinred
24/08/2008, 1:16 AM
Sligo 1 is right, the club should break down what this 130,000 is needed for!

The bulk is PAYE due to revenue the rest would be a smaller version of the list of creditors which was published the other day for Cobh.

deecay
24/08/2008, 12:55 PM
It says we have raised €44,000 and Sligoman's point is right

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/221-01.html

sligo1
27/08/2008, 2:20 PM
After getting 2 warnings-one from each of our Moderators- for Trolling and Wumming and for asking the same questions in relation to Finance,I think it is better if I leave it alone for a while.
I thought the Club owed a lot more than 130,000 euro and was afraid that we weren't being told the full picture and were throwing good money after bad.
Obviously I was wrong and if that's all the Club owes,then we are in great shape.

It's nice to see Jeebus and Alan come out and say what each of them raised in their respective race nights-the way it should be done.

Jeebus,in relation to helping out with Sligo Rovers website and updating it,I wouldn't have a clue how to do it.At the same time there is a Committee of 7 people in charge of the website so I dont think my limited knowledge is going to be much good to them.

I'm heading to Dublin this evening and off to Italy tomorrow for 2 weeks relaxation.
Hopefully when I get back Tony will have his 5 Business people in place with a new Chairperson and Committee sorted as well.

If only Carlsberg did Foorball Clubs:D

Rovers1
27/08/2008, 2:59 PM
.At the same time there is a Committee of 7 people in charge of the website

I'm heading to Dublin this evening and off to Italy tomorrow for 2 weeks relaxation.

dont think theres even half that in charge of website :confused:

sligo1, sure would you not postpone the holiday and come to BORST meeting and give Mr.McGee a few tips ;)

sligoman
27/08/2008, 5:16 PM
dont think theres even half that in charge of website :confused:WEB SITE

Webmaster: Paraic Casey
Photographs: Michael Melly
Committee: Kevin Colreavy, Noel Scott, Gary Kelly, Aengus Lyons, Rory Houston

http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/30/220/

Rovers1
27/08/2008, 11:01 PM
WEB SITE

Webmaster: Paraic Casey
Photographs: Michael Melly
Committee: Kevin Colreavy, Noel Scott, Gary Kelly, Aengus Lyons, Rory Houston

http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/30/220/

my sincerest apologies, thought there was a Lynott fella who did the A Team games?

sligoman
27/08/2008, 11:42 PM
my sincerest apologies, thought there was a Lynott fella who did the A Team games?He's not part of a committee afaik.

Rovers1
27/08/2008, 11:49 PM
He's not part of a committee afaik.

why? too handsome?

Redzer
29/08/2008, 9:58 AM
read Dermot's statement that will be in the local press next week.
Can anyone tell me what paper this statment is in?

MMVIII
29/08/2008, 6:22 PM
Can anyone tell me what paper this statment is in?

Im sure it will be in all three no?

sligored
30/08/2008, 9:29 AM
anyone who runs down dermot brannigan is a toss*r in my opinion. guys like him are the lifeblood of rovers. he collected my syndicate card today. cheap shots imo

Redzer
30/08/2008, 9:44 AM
anyone who runs down dermot brannigan is a toss*r in my opinion. guys like him are the lifeblood of rovers. he collected my syndicate card today. cheap shots imo

Get down of your high horse. Theres nobody running down anybody. Its a legitimate question.