PDA

View Full Version : Harps Game

Pages : [1] 2

The Rebel Ram
20/08/2008, 10:52 PM
Once again we have a huge game coming up and it isn't even near being discussed!

Predictions? Hoping for a 1-0 to Rams Kav's to get it. He has been the hardest working player IMO since he arrived.
9/1 for first goal, he's my bet for the game............

ramsfan
20/08/2008, 11:05 PM
hopefully we will put on a good performance for tv

Allstar
20/08/2008, 11:26 PM
If we dont get the 3 points than I think relegation is as good as confirmed.
It kills me to say it.

ramsfan
21/08/2008, 2:33 AM
just heard on 96fm that players are driving themselves to donegal this weekend, not great prep if it is true?

bellavistaman
21/08/2008, 3:30 AM
they were told that the club can only pay for a bus, so they asked the club if the drove up thursday will the club pay the hotel, good commitment by the players

ramsfan
21/08/2008, 4:06 AM
they were told that the club can only pay for a bus, so they asked the club if the drove up thursday will the club pay the hotel, good commitment by the players

club could only afford a bus , bus isntr going but now they are prob paying triple that in hotel bills

The Rebel Ram
21/08/2008, 7:28 AM
Fair dues to the players, They are pulling out all the stops for the club, lets just hope they get the rub of the green now.
You never know, all this might help pull the team together and motivate them.

pcplod
21/08/2008, 9:41 AM
Credit where its due well done lads

offside rule
21/08/2008, 11:00 AM
well done lads - 30% drop in wages and driving to donegal for game!!!.
Best of luck to the team - hopefully by tomorrow night we'll be talking about Football again!.

bellavistaman
21/08/2008, 12:30 PM
it actually turns out cheaper i was told, so there.:p

Now lads something just hit we've had two massive games this year the city game after the break(5-0), and now this match this game is of such importance its frightenig, the city game we had the **** asbout the egm now the harps game of major importance, and this is put out there, they are trying to bring the club down to get at barry but its totally unfiar on the players..

They need all our support this week but theres nobody talknig about the match as usual and the leak thing isnt something we can brush aside either, but we have to try get focus onto the match aswell..

So here it goes, i actually think were going to win:eek:, all the **** aside the players will hopefully use this to uinite and drive on.. I think we'll win 1 nil, kevin murray header..

Rambler1
21/08/2008, 12:50 PM
Credit where its due well done lads Hear /hear well done lads

rambler14
21/08/2008, 3:47 PM
Fair play to the lads.
In what was a tough week for the club the players have stood up to be counted. If anyone was in doubt as to their commitment, it is now clear that they are 110% commited to the Ramblers cause.

Safe Journey up and down lads and lets hope the journey down is a happy one with 3 points in the bag!

6yardpunisha
21/08/2008, 3:50 PM
these are the same players that were called mercaneries at the last egm, fair play all round for what the team and management are doing and lets hope its reflected in 3 points and a decent home gate v galway

marty
21/08/2008, 6:27 PM
It has to be a win they have 6 points off us this season and a draw is no good to no one,read yesterday that Hendo will change it around a bit and go out to win which in fairness will suit the team.If we can get 6 points from the next two games it will give us as good a chance as anyone of staying up get nothing and the inevitable looms.........

ramblers
21/08/2008, 8:12 PM
I remeber a few years ago when the players drove to a match in Monaghan up and down in the same day when the club would not pay for a bus!! I had hoped it would never be done again as it was not ideal preperation.

Its a very sad state the league finds itself in and I think it might be time to break the league in two. A northern section and a Southern section with playoffs at the end of the season for the top 2 or 3 from either section.

Ths amount if money this would save alone in travel costs would be huge!!

rambler14
21/08/2008, 9:20 PM
So................................

Are those who arn't travelling to watch the match going to Ramblers tomorrow to create a bit of atmosphere???

don ramo
21/08/2008, 9:52 PM
So................................

Are those who arn't travelling to watch the match going to Ramblers tomorrow to create a bit of atmosphere???

hmmmmm didnt think about that, ill see how wrecked i am from work, last two days after the shut-down were savage,

nice one lads yer true soldiers, your commitment to the club will never be matched :ball::ball::ball:

rambler14
22/08/2008, 6:51 PM
4-5-1
Mikey up-front on his own with Daryl and Davin on the wings. John Kearney in midfield with Greg and Colin. Back 5 are the same as always.

rambler14
22/08/2008, 7:20 PM
1 down:mad:

John Kearney lost the ball out toward the half way line and eventually the ball cam eto McCafferty and in fairness he scored a bullet.

As for John Kearney though..........there are dead snails that are faster than him. Terrible ball to lose!:mad:

marty
22/08/2008, 7:24 PM
Not his "fault" in fairness I think it was C.O.B on edge of box that was too easily conned,hes off now for some reason Lally on.

rambler14
22/08/2008, 7:26 PM
The first 20 minutes Ramblers were brilliant and creating chances.........but since then they've been crap.

Fooked now that O'Briens gone off.:( He was playing very well.

marty
22/08/2008, 7:30 PM
We seem to be pumping balls forward from the defence to no avail,Harps will take them all night.We need an end product and fast.

rambler14
22/08/2008, 7:43 PM
We seem to be pumping balls forward from the defence to no avail,Harps will take them all night.We need an end product and fast.

Mikey ain't up to much upfront anyway.
Davin and Daryl look very dangerous. I was surprised that Cummins didn't come on for Colin.
Greg is Rams best player by a mile.
John Kearney and Gutsie look very slow and keep getting caught. Kearney looks miles out of his depth and he's only playing vs Harps!

rambler14
22/08/2008, 8:06 PM
What a shocking mistake by Gutsie! He gives away the ball and cheaply and then fails to mark Byrne:(

EDIT:PENALTY........lifeline?.............YES!!!!!

Ramblers have been embarrassingly bad in the 2nd half!

rambler14
22/08/2008, 8:09 PM
Why did he take Davin off??? Mikey had to go off surely!

marty
22/08/2008, 8:15 PM
Just bak 2-1 thank f**k Cummins is on something to aim at,need a goal but even a draw still wont suffice at this stage.

ramblers
22/08/2008, 8:15 PM
Hendo will go out to win the game 4-5-1 not exactly going out to win the game.

Since we have been playing this 4-5-1 system we have looked poor. 4-4-2 is what suits us attacking football not the long ball game.

marty
22/08/2008, 8:17 PM
Agreed.

ramblers
22/08/2008, 8:21 PM
Does anyone know what happened to stephen Mulcahy he played great when I saw him and then seemed to vanish is he injured?

rambler14
22/08/2008, 8:21 PM
Thank christ John Kearney's gone off! Did nothong except give away the ball all night!

rambler14
22/08/2008, 8:23 PM
Does anyone know what happened to stephen Mulcahy he played great when I saw him and then seemed to vanish is he injured?

He's still there and in fairness he should be playing and if not making the benchevery week. Huge talent!

Daryl Kavanagh's having a stormer again but the Harps players are kicking the sh!te out of him and the ref ain't doing nothing about it!:mad:

marty
22/08/2008, 8:25 PM
Kavanagh is good but he trys too much at times a real workhorse,time for a 4-3-3 at this stage if we can find some firepower to work off Cummins

ramblers
22/08/2008, 8:27 PM
Kavangh is a good player he is working hard we need more end product from him

ramblers
22/08/2008, 8:34 PM
In Fairness harps play nice football. It reminds me of rams last season.

rambler14
22/08/2008, 8:35 PM
In Fairness harps play nice football. It reminds me of rams last season.

Are we watching the same game???

2 awful brands of football. Both are a shadow of last years teams.

rambler14
22/08/2008, 8:37 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marty
We look lost now maybe one more chance in it,Kavanagh has to get the man of the match.Another positive wait--yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ss

ramblers
What a goal!!

ramblers
22/08/2008, 8:38 PM
Harps gutted at least we got something!!

Kavangh deserved it for his work all night.

rambler14
22/08/2008, 8:39 PM
If we survive it will because of one player and one player only...............Daryl Kavanagh!

Galway next week 3 points an absolute must.

:DAs Kavanagh kicked the ball I was just about to say relegation confirmed as were too far from safety:D

ramblers
22/08/2008, 8:40 PM
Agree with you on that

rambler14
22/08/2008, 8:43 PM
We were outstanding for the 1st 20 mins but for the remaining 80 mins we were crap! How we scored two i'll never know!:D

marty
22/08/2008, 8:45 PM
Puts a whole new perspective on our season,cant wait till Galway next week they"ll be hurt after 2nite and need to be punished further.This game needs major advertisment if they wont come out for this nothing will bring them back..Lash of drink for it as we seem to be scoring again we might get something to shout about.

rambler14
22/08/2008, 9:04 PM
Puts a whole new perspective on our season,cant wait till Galway next week they"ll be hurt after 2nite and need to be punished further.This game needs major advertisment if they wont come out for this nothing will bring them back..Lash of drink for it as we seem to be scoring again we might get something to shout about.

Time for appeals to start like Cork City have being doing all week.

Cobh vs Galway...............a season defining game!

jamesd
22/08/2008, 11:51 PM
I cannot understand the major downturn in form from last season. I agree whole heartedly, we need to promote the game big time, but guys, can someone chat with Hendo. His tactics are not working at all. We cannot be employing this defensive formation of 4-5-1 any longer.
We have nothing left to defend. If we want to stay up, we have to fight and chase down every ball. Need to here more voices on the pitch with everyone talking to eachother.
Come on Rams, and more so, Come on Hendo and give us something to shout for.

luka
23/08/2008, 4:22 AM
We were outstanding for the 1st 20 mins but for the remaining 80 mins we were crap! How we scored two i'll never know!

You might wanna read that and have a rethink

Terry-Lander
23/08/2008, 9:19 AM
How much extra time was there?

Looking forward to next week. Both sides need to win and both sides are running out of games. Could be a right battle.

Allstar
23/08/2008, 11:31 AM
We were outstanding for the 1st 20 mins but for the remaining 80 mins we were crap! How we scored two i'll never know!:D

I didnt realise that the matches were 100 min know.
Still thought that they played fifa's regulation 90 min!!! :confused:

rambler14
23/08/2008, 11:59 AM
Whoops!!!:D:D.......What I meant to say is 20mins and the remaining 70 mins obviously!

I cannot understand the major downturn in form from last season.

Can't ya???...........seriously!

There is one reason and one reason only as to why our form is so poor............Too much sh!te going on off the pitch.........never have things been so bad there

Sam_Heggy
23/08/2008, 12:23 PM
Robbery, I don't think it was a penalty either but will wait to see it on tv before buying the can of petrol and box of matches.
R14, what game were you watchin lad? Both teams were muck, to say ye were "outstanding" in the first 20 minutes is downright laughable.
Both teams will be lucky to avoid the drop.

To blame off-field problems as yer only problem is just a load of balls. There is a huge gulf in standards between 1st Div and the Premier, the four teams at the bottom are there simply because they don't have enough quality.

Best of luck for the rest of the season lads but unfortunately I reckon we'll be playing ye again next season in the 1st Div.