PDA

View Full Version : Drums and Flags for Swiss game

MariborKev
15/09/2003, 12:31 AM
Lads,

Heading for Switzerland for the game. Have been to loads of Irish away games in the past and have never have any problem with flags- just go to the ground really early and it ain't a problem.

However due to the success of our drums on the North Terrace at the last few games I was thinking about bringing some of the smaller drums to the Swiss game.

Anyone know the criac with getting them into the ground. I know the lads from Tallaght took a few to the WC last year but I don't want to lug them all the way and then not get to use them

Anyone got a Swiss contact who can help me get in touch with the Swiss FA so I can get a permit etc to ensure they get into the game

tiktok
15/09/2003, 12:54 AM
The best I can do for you is tell you that when City played away in switzerland at lausanne, we had no trouble with flags and drums (or was it bodhrans:D ).
I've seen a few games in switzerland and Drums, large Flags and even flares are common place, i wouldn't forsee a problem, in general the swiss are laid back, understand the difference between a drumstick and a weapon and as long as you look like you can control what you bring in (i.e. aren't steaming drunk) you won't have a problem.

Junior
15/09/2003, 8:09 AM
Originally posted by Maribor
Lads,

Heading for Switzerland for the game. Have been to loads of Irish away games in the past and have never have any problem with flags- just go to the ground really early and it ain't a problem.

However due to the success of our drums on the North Terrace at the last few games I was thinking about bringing some of the smaller drums to the Swiss game.

Anyone know the criac with getting them into the ground. I know the lads from Tallaght took a few to the WC last year but I don't want to lug them all the way and then not get to use them

Anyone got a Swiss contact who can help me get in touch with the Swiss FA so I can get a permit etc to ensure they get into the game

Contact the Siss FA, Im sure they'd confirm if it is ok.

http://www.football.ch/sfv/start.asp?sp=1

best of luck

James
15/09/2003, 8:58 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
The best I can do for you is tell you that when City played away in switzerland at lausanne, we had no trouble with flags and drums (or was it bodhrans:D ).
I've seen a few games in switzerland and Drums, large Flags and even flares are common place, i wouldn't forsee a problem, in general the swiss are laid back, understand the difference between a drumstick and a weapon and as long as you look like you can control what you bring in (i.e. aren't steaming drunk) you won't have a problem.

lausane
we did have problems though (from memory) bringing in flags that were on those kinda bamboo pole type things and i think we might have had to take them off the poles..cause they could have been used as weapons..they also in the middle of summer like..stopped us bringing bottles of water into the section of seating we were in..so i had a big 2litre bottle on the step leading in and we had to leg-it in and out there for a sup of water!! abit officious and ott imo .. but still none the less following the ruls

tiktok
15/09/2003, 5:38 PM
i remember bringing a bottle of water in with me that day James, the cops just asked me to take the top off and it was OK after, i think at the beginning they were unsure what to expect from us but IMO by the time K.O. rolled around they were completely chilled out.

i'll take your word about the flagpoles though, because we didn't have any (poles that is).

James
15/09/2003, 6:02 PM
i think i might have been stopped cause i was going into the ground with eanna, who was obviously a marked man by the security ppl in switzerland ;)
:p