PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2008/09

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

smellyfeet
20/08/2008, 1:48 PM
Anyone know when this starts. I was also wondering if any of you heard anything about Teams being seeded this year.

duffbeer
21/08/2008, 6:58 AM
It was proposed that the top five teams that finished from certain leagues highest divisions would go to round 3 I believe. However, although it makes some sense, what about last seasons last sixteen or eight? They should be given the same reward.

Last year was one of the most open competitions and hopefully this season its the same.

Very few of the usual suspects got very far with the exception of Killester and Carrick - that should give every club the onus to enter this year and have a crack at it.

keith.henn
01/09/2008, 10:20 PM
the draw for last years junior cup was held in the first week of september. should know your fate soon enough. there are only 13 clubs from the sligo/leitrim league entering this years competition. the best side in sligo(abbey utd) foldedthis year. they used to be knocking about at the last eight stage in recent seasons

duffbeer
02/09/2008, 7:03 AM
The draw is this evening. Abbey folded?; very surprised, between them and manor rangers - they were the number 1 side in that region.

It'll be an interesting competition this season.

With the likes of Redcastle and Moville making some noticable progress last season, with Waterford being as strong as ever and Limerick still not at the races, not to mention the levelling of progress from allot of dublin teams other than the usuals - it should be good.

Sherrif YC are favourites to win premier A this season with a close run from Killester, Sherrif United, WFTA and maybe St kevins. Portmarnock seem to be struggling as too are Ballymun if but only in comparison to the previous teams mentioned.

How have the likes of Clonmel town come on since last season?

Good luck to all.

leather
02/09/2008, 7:14 AM
lets try and guess how many of the limk premier teams will be drawn againist each other once again???

Spudd
02/09/2008, 7:52 AM
lets try and guess how many of the limk premier teams will be drawn againist each other once again???

Its all the one really because they are all going to be knocked out at some stage in the tournament. ;)

leather
02/09/2008, 8:17 AM
That was not the point...best of luck to park

Spudd
02/09/2008, 8:52 AM
That was not the point...best of luck to park

If there was 1 premier team that you think could go all the way this year,who do you think it would be leather? be great for limerick soccer to get an f.a.i back in the town again. :ball:

leather
02/09/2008, 9:09 AM
Would say Fairview, Regional and Maybe Balla

Tipperary_Man
02/09/2008, 8:51 PM
any word on the draw yet? it was supposed to be on tonight?

keith.henn
02/09/2008, 9:08 PM
that fai website is rubbish......indo might have it tomorrow

zizu's head
02/09/2008, 9:43 PM
that fai website is rubbish......indo might have it tomorrow

It's the worst site ever, isn't it? They might have the ties for this round on it by the time the semi-finals are on! :D:D

Tipperary_Man
02/09/2008, 9:46 PM
went on the fai website today and they had the first round draw up for the 2006-2007 season so i say we will get this draw in another 2 years :D

EAFC_rdfl
03/09/2008, 8:20 AM
still no word anywhere??

le tizz
03/09/2008, 9:18 AM
couldnt find any news on the draw but these are the proposed tie dates that we were given in cork

Round 1 13th/14th September 2008
Round 2 11th/12th October 2008
Round 3 1st/2nd November 2008.
Round 4 22ndth/23rdth November 2008
Round 5 13th/14th December 2008
Round 6 10th/11th January 2009
Round 7 31stJanuary/1stFebruary 2009
Round 8 21st/22nd February 2009

they better get a move on if those 1st round games are gonna go ahead

progress
03/09/2008, 9:57 AM
Would say Fairview, Regional and Maybe Balla

cant see regional doing anything to be honest

EAFC_rdfl
03/09/2008, 10:48 AM
draw won't be taking place for a few days as there has been a delay! nice to see the FAI as organised as ever

MikeBassett
03/09/2008, 11:59 AM
I presume the draw is being done this evening as the draw for the FAI Youths Cup is definately on this evening so they'll probably do the Junior as well

Closed Account
03/09/2008, 1:24 PM
FAI Umbro Junior Cup Galway Area
C B Trotters V Gort at Castleblakeney 14/09/2008 11:00

This is a fixture on the Galway FA website. Would suggest to me that the draw has been made.....

leather
03/09/2008, 1:48 PM
Probably dont want to make it public until they look after their friends and foe's
lads, this is the FAI we are on about....this is a crowd who couldnt organise footballs for a football team...unfortunatley we play football under their umbrella

EAFC_rdfl
03/09/2008, 2:52 PM
thats what i got from our local fai rep anyway

limfan
03/09/2008, 3:23 PM
I fancy lisselton to go a lot further than last year when u look at the players they have signed on top of what they had already. they wud be a match for any LOI first div team IMO 100/1 worth a punt!

Innishvilla
03/09/2008, 4:21 PM
Well the draw is definitely made:
here is the cork section:
Sorry don't have any others:

UMBRO F.A.I. JUNIOR CUP DRAW 2008-2009
CORK 1st. Round
1 Pearse Clt. v Ballyphehane Clt
2 Springfield "A" v Droumee Dynamoes W.C.
3 Castletown Clt. v Marlboro Trust.
4 Mayfield Utd. M.S.L. v Everton
5 Watergrasshill v Douglas Hall M.S.L.
6 Glen Clt. v Avondale Utd.
7 Leeds "B" v Dunbar Clt.
8 Crosshaven v Hibernians F.C.
9 Leeside F.C. v Macroom F.C.
10 Casement Clt."A" v Hillington F.C.
11 Ballyvolane v Rockmount
12 Knockavilla v Greenwood "B"

GAMES MUST BE PLAYED ON OR BEFORE WEEKENDING 13TH/14TH.SEPTEMBER

2nd. Round
1 Buttevant v Pearse Clt. Or Ballyphehane
2 Knockavilla or GreenwoodB v Drinagh Rangers
3 Springfield or Droumee v Leeds "B" or Dunbar Clt.
4 Greenwood "A" v Crosshaven or Hibernians
5 Ringmahon "B" v U.C.C.Utd. C.B.&S.L.
6 Castletown or Marlboro Trust v Ballincollig
7 Mayfield or Everton v Leeds"A"
8 Glen Clt or Avondale v Leeside or Macroom
9 Midleton v Greenmount Rgs.
10 Coachford v Brooklodge Utd
11 Mayfield Utd aul v Villa Utd
12 Clonakilty v Cobh Wdrs
13 Blackstone Rvs. v Casement Clt. "B"
14 Wilton Utd. v Glenvale
15 Carrigaline Utd. M.s.l. v Grattan Utd.
16 Donoughmore v Rathcoole Rovers
17 Waterloo v Watergrasshill or Douglas H.
18 Ballyvolane or Rockmount v Carrigaline Utd. Aul
19 Casement Clt or Hillington v Everton Utd.
20 Park United v Richmond "B"
21 Casement Clt m.s.l. v Killumney Utd.
22 Castleview F.C. v Blarney Utd.
23 Springfield "B" v Blarney St.Ath.
24 Crofton Clt. v Kinsale
25 Glenthorne Clt. v Richmond "A"
26 St.Mary's v Ringmahon Rgs.
27 Innishvilla v Kanturk
28 Dillons Cross Ath. v Tramore Ath
Games must be played on or before weekending 12th./13th October 2008

Fairkop
03/09/2008, 6:18 PM
I fancy lisselton to go a lot further than last year when u look at the players they have signed on top of what they had already. they wud be a match for any LOI first div team IMO 100/1 worth a punt!
have,n they lost james sugre to Dynamoes.

keith.henn
03/09/2008, 9:29 PM
fai is a joke....i rang them this morning to see where the draw was published, yer wan who answered the phone hadnt a clue, said she'd ring me back, no call...i also emailed them again no response......i think considering how they are always going on about how its the biggest competition of its kind in Europe that they'd be eager to promote it better.......i should've asked for a copy of the genisis report....

Dines
03/09/2008, 9:36 PM
fai is a joke....i rang them this morning to see where the draw was published, yer wan who answered the phone hadnt a clue, said she'd ring me back, no call...i also emailed them again no response......i think considering how they are always going on about how its the biggest competition of its kind in Europe that they'd be eager to promote it better.......i should've asked for a copy of the genisis report....I have cheked every site that i can think of and no joy of the full draw have you any idea where i can get a look at it

limfan
03/09/2008, 9:44 PM
have,n they lost james sugre to Dynamoes.

Maybe.. but theyve brought in former limerick striker peter macarty and talks of a limerick young man liam costello.. Throw in ex coventry city reserve player joe o reagan and wycome wanderers academy kerry player luke burgess they are gonna be strong :)

barryk
03/09/2008, 9:53 PM
Full draw is on the new website under news

Closed Account
03/09/2008, 9:57 PM
Do you have anymore than the Limerick section? Mayo maybe?

Noddy
03/09/2008, 10:00 PM
FAI Junior Cup (Limerick Area) 1st Round

St. Patricks FC v Corbally Utd

Aisling/Annacotty v Kennedy Park

Pike Rovers v Shelbourne

Janesboro v Caledonians

FAI Junior Cup (Limerick Area) 2nd Round

Park FC v St. Pauls FC

Weston Villa v Hyde Rangers

Charleville v Bruff Utd

Dromore Celtic v Kilmallock FC

Carew Park v Star Rovers FC

Trinity Rangers v Castle Rovers FC

Abbey Rovers v Wembley Rovers

Glenview FC v Summerville Rovers

Knockainey FC v Meanus FC

Mungret Regional v Pallas Utd

Janesboro or Caledonians v Holycross FC

Ballylanders FC v Newport Town FC

Kilfinane Forest v Hospital Crusaders FC

Shannon Town v Prospect Priory FC

Granville Rgs v Hill Celtic

Regional Utd v Athlunkard Villa FC

Lisnagry FC v Croom Utd

Pike Rovers or Shelbourne v Moyross Utd

Murroe v Aisling/Annacotty or Kennedy Park

St. Patricks FC or Corbally Utd v Fairview Rangers FC

Polonia Luimni v Knocklong FC

Caherdavin Celtic v Geraldines FC

Herbertstown v Coonagh Utd

Parkville v Ballynanty Rovers

Den Perry
03/09/2008, 10:03 PM
whats the site address? can't find it on fai site?

thanks

zizu's head
04/09/2008, 12:06 AM
Full draw is on the new website under news

NEW SITE :confused:

Tallanted
04/09/2008, 5:27 AM
You can find round 1 and 2 draw here http://www.ccfl.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=6&id=12&Itemid=8

Fireball
04/09/2008, 7:22 AM
Mayo Area - F.A.I. Umbro Junior Cup 2008/09

ROUND 1---Sunday 14th September 2008
Clew Bay Utd. v Ballyglass

ROUND 2---Sunday 12th October 2008
Ballyvary Blue Bombers v Westport Utd.
Kilmore v Partry Athletic
Swinford v Charlestown Athletic
Mulranny Utd. v Ballinrobe Town
Achill Rovers v Bangor Hibs.
Crossmolina v Claremorris
Iorras Aontaithe v Ballyheane
Snugboro Utd. v Castlebar Town
Cross Celtic v Ballina Utd.
Inver Utd. v Ballina Town
Manulla v Hollister
Moy Villa v Killala
Glenisland Utd. v Castlebar Celtic
Conn Rangers v Urlaur Utd.
Clew Bay Utd. or Ballyglass v Fahy Rovers
Straide & Foxford Utd. v Kiltimagh/Knock Utd.

MDL Man
04/09/2008, 10:09 AM
Round 1 AUL, LSL,AFL,LFL and Meath League

1 Glenmuir Utd. v Cloghertown Utd

2 Rush Ath v Foxfield Utd

3 Square Utd v Rivervalley Rgs.

4 Sheriff Y.C. v Mellowes BDS

5 Trinity Donaghmeade FC v O’ Devaney Dunard FC

6 Kilbarrack Utd. v Inchicore FC

7 St. Pauls Artane v Cavan Town

8 Aston Village FC v Belclare Celtic

9 Fenstanton FC v Trim Celtic

10 Albion Rovers v DAA FC

Matches to be played weekend 14th September 2008.

Round 2 AUL, LSL,LFL,AFL and Meath

1 Whitehall Celtic v Lucan Utd.

2 Ratoath Harps v East Wall Bessborough FC

3 Killester Utd. v Cabra Utd.

4 Navan Cosmos v Blessngton FC

5 Pioneers FC v Strand Ath

6 St. Mochtas FC v Aston Vilage FC or Belclare Celtic

7 Trinity Donagh or O’ Devaney v Greystones Utd

8 Sheriff YC or Mellowes BDS v Esker Celtic

9 Rathfarnham Punters v Elm Mount FC

10 Corduff FC v Square Utd. or Rivervalley Rgs.

11 Woods Utd v Kilbarrack Utd. or Inchicore FC

12 Usher Celtic v Manortown Utd.

13 Hardwicke Utd v St. Vincents Hospital FC

14 Aungier Celtic v Ballymun Utd.

15 Albion Rovers or DAA FC v Ashbourne Utd.

16 Landen Utd v Finglas Celtic

17 Darndale Rovers v Carrick Rovers

18 Rush Ath. or Foxfield v Whitestown Utd.

19 St. John Bosco v Fenstanton FC or Trim Cel.

20 Brendanville FC v Knocklyon Utd

21 Bellurgan Utd v Portmarnock FC

22 Baldoyle Utd. v Yellowstone Cel.

23 Shangan Ath. v Howth Celtic.

24 Quarryvale FC v Robinstown FC

25 Maynooth Town v Tullamore Town

26 Orchard Utd. v St. Maelruans FC

27 St. Francis FC v Greenpark FC

28 Bridge Utd. v St. Pauls Artane or Cavan Town

29 Valley Park Utd. v Oatfield FC

30 Everton FC v St. Kevins Boys

31 Ardee Celtic v Transport FC

32 Clones Town FC v Raheny Utd.

33 Mid Sutton FC v Castleknock Celtic

34 Kentstown Rovers v St. Brendans FC

35 Sheriff Utd. v WFTA

36 Glenmuir or Cloghertown FC v Sandyhill Celtic

Ties scheduled for 12th Oct 2008

MDL Man
04/09/2008, 10:13 AM
From an MDL perspective I reckon Glenmuir Untited are worth an outside bet. They're very well organised and have strengthened in the summer. Could be worth keeing an eye on. Remember where you heard it...

Towelie
04/09/2008, 11:07 AM
Can you get odds on all teams from the start of the competition?

the dazzler
04/09/2008, 11:20 AM
lads watch out for fairview jason purcell said its hes main aim this year going all out for it;)

duffbeer
04/09/2008, 3:35 PM
From an MDL perspective I reckon Glenmuir Untited are worth an outside bet. They're very well organised and have strengthened in the summer. Could be worth keeing an eye on. Remember where you heard it...

MDL man, we have been drawn with the winners of Square United and Rivervalley rangers....rivervalley are a decent outfit, but what about square, they look like they have had a good start to the season (source: yellowjersey.co.uk)

Much appreciated.

widow
04/09/2008, 3:54 PM
lads watch out for fairview jason purcell said its hes main aim this year going all out for it;)

every team goes all out for the FAI each year. Can't see any limerick teams winning it this year again

tralee_dynamo
04/09/2008, 5:22 PM
Maybe.. but theyve brought in former limerick striker peter macarty and talks of a limerick young man liam costello.. Throw in ex coventry city reserve player joe o reagan and wycome wanderers academy kerry player luke burgess they are gonna be strong :)

I can confirm that sugrue and kerins have left Lisselton. Balancing who have left against who is joining, I dont think Lisselton will be as strong this year but that all remains to be seen...

It would be nice to see any Kerry team go a long way in the FAI but for me KDL teams are still a bit behind some of the top junior leagues around the country.

With Carrick having won it last year I dont know will the appetite be there this year so I'd wager on Killester - at a guess.....

balls
04/09/2008, 8:52 PM
its wide open this year the 3 top junior clubs in the country have all taken steps backwards. top 3 being killester have lost there crack strike force of last few seasons, carrick have failed to win any of there opening 3 league games in waterford and clonmel town are winning games in the tsdl but are nowhere near as strong as they have been over past few seasons

limfan
05/09/2008, 10:29 AM
I can confirm that sugrue and kerins have left Lisselton. Balancing who have left against who is joining, I dont think Lisselton will be as strong this year but that all remains to be seen...

It would be nice to see any Kerry team go a long way in the FAI but for me KDL teams are still a bit behind some of the top junior leagues around the country.

With Carrick having won it last year I dont know will the appetite be there this year so I'd wager on Killester - at a guess.....

I agree it will that the new lads there time to get to know each other.....

Carrick remember beat 10 man kill celtic in xtra time so iid say a kerry team is 2 or 3 years from being a serious contender although u never kno..

Leveller
05/09/2008, 3:03 PM
its wide open this year the 3 top junior clubs in the country have all taken steps backwards. top 3 being killester have lost there crack strike force of last few seasons, carrick have failed to win any of there opening 3 league games in waterford and clonmel town are winning games in the tsdl but are nowhere near as strong as they have been over past few seasons

Who has left Killester?

Dr Mad
05/09/2008, 3:13 PM
Killester had a lot of unrest and defections in the summer. Mick Keogh gone to Coolock Town, Dave Lacey and Al Connors gone to Tolka Rovers, the Murphy brothers and Terry Corbally gone to Sheriff YC. 1 or 2 retired as well -That makes up half their squad from last season gone. They will still be strong as their Manager Joey "Not Arrogant" Graydon has been busy and drafted in 6 or 7 excellent replacements. That was after he did his usual -

Joey - "I'm leaving"
Committee - "Ah please stay"
Joey - "No"
Committee - "we'll double your wages"
Joey - "OK I'll stay":D

allab
05/09/2008, 9:16 PM
Killester had a lot of unrest and defections in the summer. Mick Keogh gone to Coolock Town, Dave Lacey and Al Connors gone to Tolka Rovers, the Murphy brothers and Terry Corbally gone to Sheriff YC. 1 or 2 retired as well -That makes up half their squad from last season gone. They will still be strong as their Manager Joey "Not Arrogant" Graydon has been busy and drafted in 6 or 7 excellent replacements. That was after he did his usual -

Joey - "I'm leaving"
Committee - "Ah please stay"
Joey - "No"
Committee - "we'll double your wages"
Joey - "OK I'll stay":D

you goin banking on them for your holiday this year too?? :D:D

Dr Mad
07/09/2008, 6:14 PM
No way mate, once bitten twice shy!
And I backed Waterford today as well :(

allab
07/09/2008, 9:37 PM

stick with the day job :D

irisheagle
07/09/2008, 10:32 PM

Well a Waterford team won the FAI Jnr Cup, should have backed them :D

keith.henn
09/09/2008, 8:29 PM
carbury(sligo) should give a good account of themselves in the junior cup, a bit of luck needed in the draw as usual. they were a fairly useful side and have picked up a few players from abbey utd too. only three teams get out of the sligo/leitrim/roscommon section into the open draw. carbury, city utd, boyle celtic, manor rangers, ballinasloe town and castlerea celtic would be expecting to be there or thereabouts from our section. castlebar, westport, ballina should make it out of mayo too......how will pike fair this year?? always knocking on the door