PDA

View Full Version : Norway vs ROI - What channel?

Deckydee
20/08/2008, 10:20 AM
Hi,

I am looking around to see what channel is showing the ROI match tonight against Norway but I cannot find any channel that is showing it. I have the full sky package.

Does anyone know?

DD

Duggie
20/08/2008, 10:23 AM
Setanta

Deckydee
20/08/2008, 10:24 AM
Oh my God are you serious? I just checked and it seems you are

How much rights to Setanta have now? Will I have to subscribe for the World Cup Qualifiers?

Mark Breen
20/08/2008, 10:25 AM
Setanta

Its Setanta 1...

You have to subscribe to the setanta package to get setanta 1, Setanta Ireland is free and i believe they are showing the England game

Mark Breen
20/08/2008, 10:26 AM

How much rights to Setanta have now? Will I have to subscribe for the World Cup Qualifiers?

No, Qualifiers are free to air, so RTE will be showing them.

Duggie
20/08/2008, 10:27 AM

no RTE will have the qualifiers, thought SKY had the rights to our friendlies but they must be up for grabs.

Deckydee
20/08/2008, 10:28 AM
But I see here that Setanta are showing them also:

http://www.setanta.com/en/UK/Our-Sports/Football/World-Cup/World-Cup/Inreland-Internationals/Ireland-Internationals/ROI-INTERNATIONAL-FIXTURES/

So I guess I will have to subscribe then?

DD

kev mcq
20/08/2008, 10:32 AM
But I see here that Setanta are showing them also:

http://www.setanta.com/en/UK/Our-Sports/Football/World-Cup/World-Cup/Inreland-Internationals/Ireland-Internationals/ROI-INTERNATIONAL-FIXTURES/

So I guess I will have to subscribe then?

DD

Well if they're on RTE you hardly HAVE to subscribe to Setanta :rolleyes:

Duggie
20/08/2008, 10:33 AM
rte have the rights to all qualifiers so dont worry man

Duggie
20/08/2008, 10:35 AM
is the game on rte radio LW does anyone know, prob wont get to see it ??

Deckydee
20/08/2008, 10:40 AM
Well if they're on RTE you hardly HAVE to subscribe to Setanta :rolleyes:

Yeah I know but what about tonight though :rolleyes:

Newryrep
20/08/2008, 10:40 AM
rte have the rights to all qualifiers so dont worry man

Think RTE only have the rights to HOME matches , away matches are the rights of the other team who can sell them to whoever

kev mcq
20/08/2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah I know but what about tonight though :rolleyes:
Your question was "will I have to subscribe for the world cup qualifiers?" You were told RTE would be showing them, to which you replied Setanta were too so you'd have to subscribe :rolleyes::rolleyes:

finnpark
20/08/2008, 10:48 AM
Well any Irish football fan should subscribe to Setanta:

1. Live League of Ireland Football
2. Live Setanta Cup football - NI vs Eire
3. Live Eire International Friendlies

Trainee
20/08/2008, 10:49 AM
Your question was "will I have to subscribe for the world cup qualifiers?" You were told RTE would be showing them, to which you replied Setanta were too so you'd have to subscribe :rolleyes::rolleyes:

RTE will have all home games & Setanta will have all away games, so people will have to subscribe to Setanta to see away games or watch in your local pub

holidaysong
20/08/2008, 10:50 AM
Do RTÉ or TV3 have highlights later tonight?

Duggie
20/08/2008, 10:50 AM
RTE will have all home games & Setanta will have all away games, so people will have to subscribe to Setanta to see away games or watch in your local pub

are u sure bout this ?

eamoss
20/08/2008, 10:53 AM
Any good streaming links to this?

Gonna miss most of the 1st half anyway so might just wait to see the highlights.

SalvadorSanchez
20/08/2008, 11:06 AM
Jesus, Lads!!! don't get in a twist about this....
ROI friendlies are generally the most appalling, dull, pedestrian affairs... apart from a lousy keepers performance in the Danish friendly they're generally 1-1 affairs... not bothered if I don't see it!

Trainee
20/08/2008, 11:07 AM
are u sure bout this ?

EXCLUSIVELY LIVE in 2008 England Friendlies, 2010 World Cup qualifiers featuring England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Northern Ireland

Deckydee
20/08/2008, 11:18 AM
You will have to subscribe to Setanta if you wish to watch all the away qualifiers and friendlies

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a80647/setanta-secures-world-cup-qualifiers.html?rss

Damn :(

I have already started my subscription process and I shoud hear something shortly

NeilMcD
20/08/2008, 11:19 AM
Jesus, Lads!!! don't get in a twist about this....
ROI friendlies are generally the most appalling, dull, pedestrian affairs... apart from a lousy keepers performance in the Danish friendly they're generally 1-1 affairs... not bothered if I don't see it!

Do you know whats mad about this Ireland forum, is that some people actually do care if they see the games. Some even care so much that they go and travel to the games as they are fans of the team and they like to see the games. If you don't fair enough but I thing you are on the wrong part of the forum if you don't.

mypost
20/08/2008, 12:38 PM
EXCLUSIVELY LIVE in 2008 England Friendlies, 2010 World Cup qualifiers featuring England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Northern Ireland

Only have Setanta Ireland, not their other channels. As an Irish channel, Ireland games should be live on Setanta Ireland as a matter of principle. Instead, it's not only not live on it, it's being upstaged by England on Setanta 1, and we're shoved out to Setanta 2 instead. :mad:

Supreme feet
20/08/2008, 12:44 PM
It's an absolute tragedy, a disgrace, that I'm being forced to go to the pub at six o'clock on a Wednesday evening to watch football.;)

elroy
20/08/2008, 1:08 PM
Would pay to see the Ireland games anyway but dont have to because we have 'the box' decoder so have all the sports channels for free.......a worthwhile investment although strictly not legal :D

bellavistaman
20/08/2008, 1:20 PM
Would pay to see the Ireland games anyway but dont have to because we have 'the box' decoder so have all the sports channels for free.......a worthwhile investment although strictly not legal :D

I knew you have your location cork:D:D

Deckydee
20/08/2008, 1:25 PM
Anyho, I just subscribed to Setanta. For four matches :(

Strange no mention of the Georgia match, I am sure they will put it up when they have chosen a venue

Anything else that Setanta is good for??

Deckydee
20/08/2008, 1:25 PM
Only have Setanta Ireland, not their other channels. As an Irish channel, Ireland games should be live on Setanta Ireland as a matter of principle. Instead, it's not only not live on it, it's being upstaged by England on Setanta 1, and we're shoved out to Setanta 2 instead. :mad:

I'll second that

paul_oshea
20/08/2008, 1:28 PM
what time is kick off?

SalvadorSanchez
20/08/2008, 1:29 PM
Do you know whats mad about this Ireland forum, is that some people actually do care if they see the games. Some even care so much that they go and travel to the games as they are fans of the team and they like to see the games. If you don't fair enough but I thing you are on the wrong part of the forum if you don't.

I go to all the home games and some of the away games....Irish teams seem to perform only in competitive games (except in the days of Stan)
the Serbia game for example, was truly awful! I take your point though... I'll shut up.

boovidge
20/08/2008, 1:36 PM
It's an absolute tragedy, a disgrace, that I'm being forced to go to the pub at six o'clock on a Wednesday evening to watch football.;)

pub!!??? :eek: Surely not!?

tetsujin1979
20/08/2008, 1:41 PM
what time is kick off?
6, coverage starts on Setanta at 5:30

irishultra
20/08/2008, 1:45 PM
I heard Setanta just have some away matches.

tetsujin1979
20/08/2008, 1:53 PM
According to this - http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2007/1126/1195682387823.html - they only have the rights to the Bulgaria, Cyprus and Montengro games.
Although that article is almost a year old, and the rights to the other games could have been bought since then

irishultra
20/08/2008, 1:58 PM
Has it been confirmed what channel the Georgia match is on? I definetly thought it was Setanta and that the Montenegro match was RTE which probably means they bought up all the matches?

holidaysong
20/08/2008, 2:01 PM
Anything else that Setanta is good for??

The Setanta Cup is back in two weeks.

irishultra
20/08/2008, 2:10 PM
yep. a lot o loi matches as well...I missed two while on holiday :(

when are rte beginnning to show matches?

centre mid
20/08/2008, 2:17 PM
Norway v Ireland (http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=16684&part=sports)

For those who dont have a subscription to setanta.

londonhoop
20/08/2008, 2:56 PM
World Cup Qualifiers(Home & Away) are governed by legislation in Ireland and must be shown on terrestrial TV(Either RTE or TV3).
Setanta are also showing the away games(stated below).
Setanta has exclusive rights to the Ireland friendly tonight.They are obviously putting it on Setanta 1 to drive subscriptions(as opposed to showing it on Setanta Ireland).
Setanta are showing the following Ireland wc qualifiers:
10 Sep Montenegro v Republic of Ireland 6:00 PM
6 Jun Bulgaria v Republic of Ireland 8:00 PM
5 Sep Cyprus v Republic of Ireland 8:00 PM
As previously stated these games will also be on terrestrial tv.
Setanta have exclusive rights to England,N.I.,Wales and Scotland AWAY WC qualifiers.

Fergie's Son
20/08/2008, 3:06 PM
Anyone know if it's available to listen to over the 'net?

tetsujin1979
20/08/2008, 3:40 PM
Anyone know if it's available to listen to over the 'net?
Yep, it is
all the details here: http://www.rte.ie/radio1/sport/1214895.html

mypost
20/08/2008, 3:43 PM
Setanta has exclusive rights to the Ireland friendly tonight.They are obviously putting it on Setanta 1 to drive subscriptions(as opposed to showing it on Setanta Ireland).

It's not on Setanta 1. England got priority. :rolleyes:

I would normally accept the "drive subscriptions" argument, but as an Irish-owned station, it should be put on Setanta Ireland on principle. Treason.:mad:

theworm2345
20/08/2008, 4:09 PM
I have Setanta USA yet they're not showing it, even on delay here...what a load of ****

onenilgameover
20/08/2008, 4:21 PM
Can find it anywhere here in Boston. Have to watch it on the net. Grrrr...

Fergie's Son
20/08/2008, 4:33 PM
Yep, it is
all the details here: http://www.rte.ie/radio1/sport/1214895.html

Thanks. However, I can't dl the latest real player due to work restrictions. I could get my IT guy to do it but probably not worth the attention.