PDA

View Full Version : Thread Merging

gustavo
19/08/2008, 3:09 PM
How is Stephen Hunt being a left back possiblity only loosely based to the topic of Stephen Hunt?

tricky_colour
19/08/2008, 4:34 PM
How is Stephen Hunt being a left back possiblity only loosely based to the topic of Stephen Hunt?

Stephen Hunt is the subject of many threads, if you want to group them into
one place then put them into a forum, then at least people will be able to see the titles of each individual thread. The thread just becomes a mess.
You can't see the title of the new thread because it is buried into the old one,
so you don't know what it is about with out reading it backward, or God forbid, forwards.

eirebhoy
19/08/2008, 5:17 PM
Stephen Hunt is the subject of many threads, if you want to group them into
one place then put them into a forum, then at least people will be able to see the titles of each individual thread. The thread just becomes a mess.
You can't see the title of the new thread because it is buried into the old one,
so you don't know what it is about with out reading it backward, or God forbid, forwards.
I don't know if you're aware but there's a button beside every thread that will bring you to the first unread post in that thread. After reading the forum it's useful to use the "Mark This Forum Read" in the forum tools.

I actually think maybe Ciaran could have used his thread for a broad debate on our left back options but if I saw a short opening post like that one I'd also throw it in this thread. Ciaran has a habit of just opening threads with a link. If he wants a debate he has to start the debate.

tricky_colour
19/08/2008, 5:50 PM
I don't know if you're aware but there's a button beside every thread that will bring you to the first unread post in that thread. After reading the forum it's useful to use the "Mark This Forum Read" in the forum tools.

I actually think maybe Ciaran could have used his thread for a broad debate on our left back options but if I saw a short opening post like that one I'd also throw it in this thread. Ciaran has a habit of just opening threads with a link. If he wants a debate he has to start the debate.

A thread has one title, not many. It is tread not threads. Merging threads just creates an unreadable mess.

eirebhoy
19/08/2008, 7:33 PM
A thread has one title, not many. It is tread not threads. Merging threads just creates an unreadable mess.
I've been on forums that don't use the merge function. It's a nightmare imo. That's my opinion. Obviously plenty prefer it that way. There's 3 forums I visit regularly and they're all structured like foot.ie. Each to their own.

I think I'll go and move these posts into a more appropriate forum. ;)

Dodge
19/08/2008, 7:40 PM
You mods do realise that by combining topics as much as possible you're restricting discussion on current issues?

You do realise that by starting new topics on stuff already covered you're just creating mess. Some posters just seem to want to start new threads rather than read exisiting ones and reply to them

dahamsta
19/08/2008, 9:58 PM
The mods have no interest in the supporting a troll, please don't post in here again.