PDA

View Full Version : Good News: Players Take 30% Wage Cut

luka
19/08/2008, 3:13 PM
Story in tonight's Echo. Nice to see something positive come out.

ramblers
19/08/2008, 6:48 PM
I am sure the players dont see it that way Luka!!

I would think CORK CITY being in the state they are in brings a bit of reality to the current situation.

Well done to the players!!

ramsfan
19/08/2008, 6:50 PM
exactly credit where credits due

rambler14
19/08/2008, 7:15 PM
Fair play to the players but part of me wonders if they'd had done it had Cork City not been in trouble!

IMO the City situation made the players see reality to surviving in league football.

SMorgan
19/08/2008, 9:13 PM
I hope they took out a loan for the club as well!!!

ramsfan
19/08/2008, 9:31 PM
stop stirring:p:D

SMorgan
19/08/2008, 10:13 PM
stop stirring:p:D

It may appear like a bit of WUMing, but it’s a deadly serious point.

The comment by an official within your club that the players would be asked to take out loans to give to the club make an absolute laughing stock of the entire league, not just Cobh. One need only pick up a newspaper or look at MNS to see that.

Its great that the players are helping to reduce the running costs at the club. It’s a pity that the club didn't simply look for that in the first place instead of leaving the whole league open to ridicule.

don ramo
19/08/2008, 10:46 PM
there true servants to the club, now we have to thank them by roaring them on for the rest of the season, we more than deserve to survive with people like them in the club,

thanks lads

bellavistaman
20/08/2008, 2:15 AM
Fair play to the players but part of me wonders if they'd had done it had Cork City not been in trouble!

IMO the City situation made the players see reality to surviving in league football.

Not they met with the chairman friday night to see if they could sort a deal..