PDA

View Full Version : Pats 2 County 1

Estar
13/09/2003, 8:39 AM
County did what I said they shouldn't do. They were cut to bits in the first 20 mins, capped off by Rodger the clown sending off. Pity Purdy wasn't picked in midfield. County had a great second have and never gave up the fight to the end, The Terminator took his goal well. Best for County was Ray Scully he did the work of two men in midfield. Cronin, Brennan and McNevin also played very well. Both our strikers hit the post.

You always had the feeling Pats were playing in first gear. But if the game went on for another 15 mins, I think we would have scored again. Overall I was quite happy with the performance and the great fighting spirit Kildare showed.

What odds would you get on a Pat's treble.

Dodge
15/09/2003, 9:02 AM
Decent performance by Kildare. Still rate Phily Hughes very highly (another reason to dislike the ex manager). I think we could have stepped up at anytime to kill the game off but you did yourslevs proud. Who was the number 2 (at centre back) he looked excellent.

Oh and it was never a sending off...

Estar
15/09/2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
Still rate Phily Hughes very highly (another reason to dislike the ex manager). I think we could have stepped up at anytime to kill the game off but you did yourslevs proud. Who was the number 2 (at centre back) he looked excellent.

Philly did great as a one man strike force. He was player of the month for August. Our number 2 is Daisy Brennan, He had a very good second half nut meged Livingstone twice. He has played over 50 times for Kildare only missed one game through suspension. Thought Donnelly and Dunne were the best for Pats. Is the match on TV3 tonight? Best of luick in the next round:)

Countyman
16/09/2003, 11:15 AM
Well the TV3 highlights proved that Rogers should never have been sent off.
That ref was some clown but thats not an excuse for the result.

We went to sleep for the first 2 goals. Great finishes though.

Oddly we dominated the game when we went down to 10 and played some great football.

Scully and Hughes were the pick of the bunch while Livingstone destroyed us in the first half. Daisy had a tough time on him. Wasn't helped by McNevins poor showing.

Thought we deserved a draw despite everyone saying pats played in a lower gear. For 10 men to play the way they did and create a good few chances was great to see and I thought our fans played a stormer too.

Hope Pats win the cup now.

Dodge
16/09/2003, 11:38 AM
Cheers lads. As I said earlier 'twas snever a sending off (boo to Anto Murphy for making such a meal of it)

Best of luck for the rest of seeason.

wws
16/09/2003, 11:51 AM
have to admit anto murphys attitude lately has been appalling
it was a cynical over reaction which got the kildare player sent off (though there may have been minimal contact he went down like he was shot in the head)

he was acting the maggot in the U21 semi v cork as well and was lucky to stay on the pitch himself after kicking the ball away when a decision went against

he needs to get back down to his football and cut ot the messing