PDA

View Full Version : Switzerlan - Ireland Trip

cione
12/09/2003, 11:32 AM
Regarding Tickets for the game , has anyone received tickets from 'Euroteam.info' before. I have placed an order, and via email response was "Guaranteed the tickets", but was not sure if they are reputable company or not.

If we do manage to get these tickets (please god!), can anyone recommend an agency offering a fairly reasonable package, or should we just organise our own?

We would realy realy realy LOVE IT, if we could get to this game. All advice appreciated.

By the way - Deadly Site isn't it.

Cheers,

CIONE.:confused:

Barna Bee
12/09/2003, 12:32 PM
I haveordered from these guys to and have spoken to a foreign German type lad here in London .....his name is eddie and his number is 00 44 (0)7906253857

I booked tickets from thses guys back in July , they took money from my credit card and the end of August and will be sending tickets by courier by the end of the Sept or by the 4th of Oct.

If it is the same for you , I would advise you to book your trip now otherwise you will be waiting till the last min to book and it might be too late to get flights.etc.

I have a very good feeling that these guys will come though .
They appear reputable and professional and look at though they would have been well rumbled at this stage if they did not deliver.

Anyway best of luck.

Will anyone who has used Euroteam beofre or are using them right now and have received tickets please confirm that you have them IN HAND or did get them in the past??

Condex
12/09/2003, 12:42 PM
Switzerland - Ireland Saint Jacob Park, Basel?, Switzerland 11.10.2003 / 00:00 210 / 300 (EUR) few tickets

What a rip off

I'm going to wait until I get outside the ground.

cione
12/09/2003, 12:49 PM
I managed to order catagory 3 tickets when they were priced €140, still not cheap but I thought it was worth it at the time.

If I manage to get them, it probably will have been worth it looking at the prices now!

Barna Bee
12/09/2003, 1:04 PM
Yeah I got them at the cheaper price too.

By the looks of things the Swiss fans are fickle enough ....up until this game they never had anyone interested in soccer (they are not a soccer nation at all) .

It was in the news that they sold out the stadium online on ticketcorner.ch in a half an hour. I reckon the only reason it happened so fast was because of all the Irish getting tickets thier tickets in this way too.

I also got tickets on the 23rd through Ticketcorner.ch) and sorry folks they are already spoken for.

I have a good feeling about the Irish support for this game. I really do expect to see Irish fans all over their ground !!!!!...a little bit like Celtic in Seville but obviously ona smaller scale. If we get the same support as we did for the Russian game that will do me.

The hairs are up on the back of my neck just thinking about it.

Volltreffer
12/09/2003, 2:10 PM
Originally posted by Barna Bee
By the looks of things the Swiss fans are fickle enough ....up until this game they never had anyone interested in soccer (they are not a soccer nation at all) .

The Russia game in Basel was sold out for weeks. And Basel is definitely a soccer city, FC Basel sold more than 20'000 season tickets.

It was in the news that they sold out the stadium online on ticketcorner.ch in a half an hour. I reckon the only reason it happened so fast was because of all the Irish getting tickets thier tickets in this way too.

They did not only sell tickets online. I went to buy my tickets directly at the counter (luckily, because many people complained that the ticketcorner page didn't work). There were queues everywhere in Switzerland. The game would have been sold out in a very short time anyway.

I have a good feeling about the Irish support for this game. I really do expect to see Irish fans all over their ground !!!!!

I think you're right there. Many people reported seing Irish fans queuing at the counters.

lopez
12/09/2003, 3:30 PM
Will anyone who has used Euroteam beofre or are using them right now and have received tickets please confirm that you have them IN HAND or did get them in the past??

Still waiting for the ticket. One thing BB, no money was taken out of my credit card account, which is odd. Have you checked yours?

cione
12/09/2003, 3:37 PM
I have checked my account and the money has been deducted. Why I view the transaction with online banking, the payment is made to Euroteam Oslo. So It looks as though they are traceable and should come up with the tickets, I hope.

Barna Bee
12/09/2003, 4:00 PM
Originally posted by lopez
Still waiting for the ticket. One thing BB, no money was taken out of my credit card account, which is odd. Have you checked yours?

Yeah they definitely took the money from my card ....about 1 month after applied . I have been given a reference number which I can track my order ...either the 29th of Sept or the 4th of Oct for delivery .

I will post here when I receive them

They are to be delivered by courier.

If you have the ref number from the order , then go to track your order on their site and click on the "805" number on the order line , this will expnad and show you your order details and delivery dates.

one thing that does baffle me is the fact thatthey still have " few tickets available"....what does this mean , it's a bit unnerving in the fact that many people on the soccer boards have been buying tickets from these gusy and yet they still appear to be able to fill the demand... What does that say ? Are they bul****ting ? How can they get their hands on these tickets ?Even at the prices they are selling them? I would love to know where their supplier is coming from????

Anyway , when I get them I will be able to compare them with the tickets from Ticketcorner.ch. I will inform if they look any different from the Real Mc Coy .

On looking at the real ones , they could be forgeable . I don't know much about this type of thing but I reckon that the match tickets I have do not look like the harest thing to copy.

lopez
12/09/2003, 4:27 PM
Thanks for the info re tracking the tickets, BB.

Paying by credit card in Britain entitles to a refund if the goods are not kosher, under I think the Credit Consumer Act of 1974 or something like that. Don't know if the same applies to Irish cards.

Re the 'few tickets left', probably just a ploy to get you to steam in. Bit like QVC with their ****e earings and a sign behind saying 'going like hot cakes', not that I buy anthing there BTW.:o

Barna Bee
12/09/2003, 4:45 PM
Just checked ebay.ch, there are loads of tickets for the game available there , you will need to be decent at German or famiar with ebay to bid for them, and yet again prepare to be fleeced.

lopez
13/09/2003, 10:52 AM
Anybody going on Ebay should try and use http://www.freetranslation.com/. Its free and will get you through the basics of French and German. Have this page running alongside the item.

Without stating the obvious, but for new users, check the 'feedback' record of sellers, send cash in a registered envelope and request the same done with the ticket or even better IMO, collect it from the person when you get there. If the seller is a heavy user or long term he will want to guard his 'feedback' record.

Best of luck.

London Irish
14/09/2003, 8:29 PM
I think this euroteam crowd will deliver- much as i hate giving to touts, but what can you do when you have booked flights etc? Money has gone out of my account as well and email said delivery would be in late Sept.

NeilMcD
15/09/2003, 10:28 AM
Just wondering has anybody actually received the tickets yet. or anybody got tickets from this crowd yet, everybody seems to have ordered with them but nobody has received tickets

Paulie
15/09/2003, 12:11 PM
Found out on thursday that our application with the FAI fell through so after being quoted the price of 220 sterling by some crowd in england we opted for Euroteam where we paid €220 each. It's a complete rip-off but if we want to be at the match that is what we have to pay.

cione
15/09/2003, 12:33 PM
How many tickets have you asked them for, and have they confirmed a delivery date!, Our group of 9 have gone ahead and booked a package for flights & accomodation without knowing if this company will fulfill it's promises. I have not received an Order Tracking number yet, but am sceptical if this order tracking system is real-time anyway.

Paulie
15/09/2003, 1:51 PM
We ordered 3 tickets which they said would be delivered by courier between the 25th of September and the 5th of October. Considering that we're flying out on the 9th it's leaving it a bit tight if there are any delays but we don't really have any choice. It is possible I suppose (although very unlikely) that there may be a couple of tickets floating around once we get out there but I much prefer to fly out knowing for sure that I'm going to the match.

The Blue Oyster
19/09/2003, 8:01 AM
tickets are very hard to come by now i have tried a few was of getting them officially i guess there is always touts.
but you would be talking serious money

Junior
23/09/2003, 4:42 PM
Booked our ones today, using the German Train booking centre in London (Tel: 0870 2435363) got a group ticket for the 9 of us travelling from Frankfurt to Basel, cost was 60euro return pp (first class was cheaper than 2nd!!) this was around 50% discounted due to the fact that it was booked in advance and a group booking.

worth getting it sorted in advance, as one of our Swiss friends has posted earlier, these group tickets are restricted.

cione
24/09/2003, 12:58 PM
I haveordered from these guys to and have spoken to a foreign German type lad here in London .....his name is eddie and his number is 00 44 (0)7906253857

I booked tickets from thses guys back in July , they took money from my credit card and the end of August and will be sending tickets by courier by the end of the Sept or by the 4th of Oct.

If it is the same for you , I would advise you to book your trip now otherwise you will be waiting till the last min to book and it might be too late to get flights.etc.

I have a very good feeling that these guys will come though .
They appear reputable and professional and look at though they would have been well rumbled at this stage if they did not deliver.

Anyway best of luck.

Hi Barna bee, had any news on your match tickets yet from Euroteam. I have made contact, and was advised the tickets would be supplied before 04 Oct.

Barna Bee
24/09/2003, 1:30 PM
nothing yet , will be expecting delivery between tomorrow and the 4th of Oct.

The one thing that does worry me is that (from what I have seen by posters on the Irish socccer sites on the web) that hundreds...yes hundreds of punters are currently waiting for tickets from Euroteam......and yes , they still advertise that they have a few tickets left....they are still taking orders and still debiting cards for a promised delivery between the 25th of Septand the 4th of Oct.

I am beginning to smell arat.

Where are they going to get all of these tickets is the big question?

It is very worrying in this regard.

Just yesterday The Peoplesflag lads booked another 7 Cat 2 tickets for the game ...no problem. ....huh? What's going on?

I mean I ordered from them back in July....so how many orders have they taken (and Money) from the Irish fan base?????

Will the first person to get their booking from Euroteam please post here stating seat number , etc

Junior
24/09/2003, 1:56 PM
Judging by what the prices have gone up to on euroteam, I don't think these guys will have a problem getting the tickets even if they have to pay over the odds themselves.

For example you can now bid for tickets on ebay and get them for around £100 sterling each. Euroteam are charging well in excess of this and so could get someone in Switzerland to buy a load in this manner and still make a tidy little profit for themselves!!

Has anyone purchased tickets from ebay.ch yet? If so could you enlighten us as to how you got on....

Cheers,

Jnr

Condex
24/09/2003, 2:29 PM
On the Euroteam website, for one ticket its 300 euro plus 30 euro for postage. Thats 10 times the face value.

Its a tough decision but I'm sure there will be touts outside the stadium if it comes to it I'd rather watch it in a bar in Basel than get ripped off like this...

caseyjay
24/09/2003, 8:32 PM
I bought tickets from swiss ebay...No problems at all, but paid 120 and now need to move them on as I got some FAI ones!! I got two available if anyone wants, but I am sure I can sell in BASEL!! I would be doubtful of that site you mention as the swiss guy said tickets sold out in 30 mins!! but I really hope you all get them...Justin

West5
24/09/2003, 9:03 PM
I also bought a ticket on ebay.ch about 3 weeks ago, spent £75 on a single ticket in C1 sector.....but currently more for multiple tickets. If you use ebay.com/co.uk it's the same procedure. If not, set yourself up to use ebay.com or .co.uk asap, then access ebay.ch and start auctioning.....by the way a friendly German neighbour would be useful or www.freetranslation.com to help out. I sent the money to Switzerland via a friend over there as the banks charge a fortune for money transfers. The ticket arrived by registered mail without a hitch. It's all kosher, try to get a seller who has a few recommendations for authenicity, if not, chance your arm. See ya in Basel!

Condex
25/09/2003, 12:19 AM
So caseyjay registered on the 24th of September and is already flogging tickets. I'd rather risk sending money to the Swiss ebay.

caseyjay
25/09/2003, 11:08 PM
Condex, I registered so I could sell them on to an Irish person instead of touting them in Swiss....Not an issue anyway as I have had a load of mails and have arranged to meet someone in Basel to give the tickets to. Hope your sucessful and less of the doubting!! Have a good trip...
J

Condex
26/09/2003, 7:26 PM
I'm naturally suspicious, but can be wrong.

I'm picking up a ticket off a Swiss fella in Zurich only problem being that I'll be in the middle of 'hardcore' Swiss fans. Should be OK though I'd expect 10,000 Irish fans to be at the game, they usually get the tickets from some place.

He selling it to me at cost price I'll help him at some point to get a ticket to a premiership match, nice people the Swiss.

Volltreffer
26/09/2003, 9:30 PM
Originally posted by Condex
... only problem being that I'll be in the middle of 'hardcore' Swiss fans.

That will be no problem.