PDA

View Full Version : Parking at the Park

stann
17/08/2008, 8:32 PM
Sorry to start a new thread but just wondering if there's much parking inside the ground, even for official cars like? Just having a shuftie on google maps now and it doesn't look like there's much room there.
Do you get into the ground down a narrow lane between houses once you turn off the Carrickmacross Road, or is it down to the side and then in? Seems to be a space there behind the main stand for cars but it's hard to judge how big it is.

eamoss
17/08/2008, 9:57 PM
Best place to park is the train station its about 100 meters away from the ground but people tend to park on the Carrick Road, Mount Avenue and Árd Easmuinn.

There is official parking which is right behind the stand, like the team bus will parked beside where the home fans exit the ground.

stann
18/08/2008, 3:04 PM
Cheers Eamo, but will probably be looking to park in the official (all above board I might add!) if I'm travelling at all. How do you get into it then? And is it likely to fill quickly? :D

jinxy lilywhite
18/08/2008, 3:13 PM
Stan you would want to be there before 7. A cordon i think will be in place after 7 so you may have issues parking.

holidaysong
18/08/2008, 3:14 PM
Cheers Eamo, but will probably be looking to park in the official (all above board I might add!) if I'm travelling at all. How do you get into it then? And is it likely to fill quickly? :D

You get down to the ground through the lane from the Carrick Road. Show your ID or whatever and you shouldn't have too much trouble.

stann
18/08/2008, 3:17 PM
Cheers Jinxy & HS. One more question and I'll feck off. :D
That lane, is it the one runs down the western side of the ground from the main road or does it go between the houses immediately behind the main stand? Hard to see with the shadows on the satellite photo!

holidaysong
18/08/2008, 3:22 PM
It runs between a house and a petrol station behind the main stand. The eastern of the two lanes. That is also the access road for fans so get there early enough (7pm maybe) to make sure you can get your car in before barriers etc go up. The other western lane isn't used anymore.

stann
18/08/2008, 3:26 PM
Outstanding, lad, thank you! :)