PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Murphy and Keith Dunne

Estar
12/09/2003, 8:56 AM
Anyone got info on these players, I want to impress somepeople with my great knowledge of St. Pats to night:D

Dodge
12/09/2003, 9:47 AM
Anthony Murphy (or Anto as he's called (just ask Cork fans) ) is a 19 year old central midfielder who we signed from Cherry Orchard. He's about 6 foot and very good on the ball. Still a bit lightweight and sometimes he tries to be too fancy but he is a great propect.

Keith Dunne is a 19 year old centre forward who we signed from Ashtown Villa, having previously been on a US soccer scholarship. He impressed in the League Cup run and has made a few sub appearances for the first team. On those sub appearances he’s played mostly right wing

Anybody else?

Estar
12/09/2003, 10:09 AM
Were they part of the Pats team that got to the League Cup final? Has that team more or less broken up now?
Nice to see Pat's giving youth a chance.

What sort of crowd do you expect tonight?

tonybirdfanclub
12/09/2003, 10:49 AM
Hopefully about three thousand seeing as though its a cup quarter final. Cup fever is gripping saints followers! There hasnt been many smaller than three thousand gates this season at Richer. Should bea good game, potential for a shock, hopefully not1

Dodge
12/09/2003, 10:56 AM
Yeah they were both part of that team (although Dunne didn’t play in final as he was coming back from injury) Murphy was ever present and scored a couple of goals.

Of that team (at least up to the final) Holt, Harris, George, Gartland, Casey, McGuinness and Marney have left. Gallagher is still there as No 2 keeper, Quigley is starting to get a couple of sub appearances at right back but he’s injured for tonight, Freeman was promoted to first team and has done well, Murphy has got a good few games in midfield and Dunne has been a semi regular sub.

Estar
12/09/2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by tonybirdfanclub
potential for a shock,

What? you can get Kildare at 9/1 to win. I just hope we can get a draw, but I can't see it.

Great to see such interest from Pat's, it sounds like their will be a great atmosphere and colour.:D

kdjaC
12/09/2003, 3:22 PM
Yeah great going to Pats cup matches specially if your an away fan :(

We are 2nd in EL playing well , just beat Rovers Bohs and Cork on the bounce ,won the League Cup.
Playing a 1st division team who aint doing well.
We so gonna lose :(

kdjac