PDA

View Full Version : Eamon Collins - Pat's manager

Estar
12/09/2003, 8:53 AM
St.Patrick's Athletic boss Eamon Collins is taking nothing for granted as he prepares his in-form team for Friday's FAI Carlsberg Cup quarter-final against First Division Kildare County at Richmond Park (kick-off 7.45 pm).

"We have already won the eircom League Cup and have six wins in a rows to our credit. But we know it won't be easy against Kildare. I have watched them three times of late and they have won four of their last five games," said Collins.

"They have plenty of experience in their ranks with players like Barry O'Connor, Marc Kenny and Gareth Cronin. Look what happened to Shelbourne in the last round against Sligo Rovers. We will need to be at our best," said Collins.

Central defender Colm Foley is ruled out as he is hospitalised with acute food poisoning, winger Keith Fahy serves a one match ban and defender Stephen Quigley misses out with an ankle ligament injury. Paul Donnelly is hoping to come through a late fitness test on a stomach muscle injury but midfielder Davy Byrne has still not recovered from his ankle ligament problem. Also ruled out is Clive Delaney who was not registered in time.

Victory would see St.Pat's into the semi-finals and just 180 minutes away from collecting the trophy for the first time in 42 years.

Kildare, second in the First Division table, hope to have midfielder Kenny available after missing out last week with a knee strain but winger Shay Zellor is almost certainly ruled out with an ankle injury. Goalkeeper Danny O'Leary is cup-tied as he played for Monaghan United in the first round against Skerries Town before joining Kildare. Tadhg Murphy takes over in goal.

Having beaten Crumlin United and Cherry Orchard in the previous rounds, boss Eric Hannigan knows that this is a step up in class for the Newbridge team, but is confident his side can give a good account of themselves if they keep their concentration right from the start.

This lad seems to be a top manager, has seen County play three times lately. He leaves no stone uncovered. I'm sure County won't surprise him with anything.
Has our manager been to see St Pats three times, I think not.

:)