PDA

View Full Version : My line up for tonights match.

Estar
12/09/2003, 8:26 AM
It's 42 years since the FAI Cup was last carried down Emmet Road and, although he's only been at St Pat's a few months, Adamson is keenly aware of the club's desire to bridge that gap this season.

St Pat's will start as hot favourites to beat Kildare County in the first of the quarter-finals at Richmond Park tonight, but Adamson and his team-mates will be approaching the tie with a good degree of caution. "Shelbourne and Derry were knocked out by First Division sides so we can't afford to treat Kildare lightly," he said.

Defender Colin Foley has spent the week in hospital with food poisoning and an inflamed liver and is out of tonight's match as are Keith Fahey (suspended), Stephen Quigley (ankle), Davy Byrne (ankle) and new signing Clive Delaney (ineligible).

Charles Livingstone (knee) and Paul Donnelly (pubic bone) are rated as 50-50 chances so Anthony Murphy and Keith Dunne are set to start, with Barry Prenderville moving to centre-half.

Marc Kenny (knee) and Shay Zellor (ankle) are Kildare's big doubts, while goalkeeper Danny O'Leary is cup-tied. Understudy Tadhg Murphy is likely to get the nod ahead of Darren Quigley.

FORMSCAN - Five-year Cup record: St Pats (qf, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, qf), Kildare (2nd 2002). Cup path - 2nd rd: St Pat's 3 Shamrock Rvs 2, Kildare Co 3 Crumlin Utd 1. 3rd rd: St Pat's 3 Dublin City 0; Kildare Co 1 Cherry Orchard 0. Top scorers: Maguire, Bird, D Byrne, Freeman, Osam, Livingstone (St Pat's) 1; Hughes (Kildare Co) 2. Betting : St Pat's 2/7, Kildare 15/2, Draw 7/2. Ref: A Buttimer (Cork). Verdict: Home win.

1. Murphy

2.Daisy
3.Gaz
4.The Terminator (to mark Bird, a real test)
5. Purdy/Razzor

6. Razzor/Purdy
7. Rodgers (if zellor and marc kenny dont make it)
8. Kelly
9. Mc Nevin

10. Barry (needs to play deeper than usual)
11. Philly

We have got to hold them in the first 20 minutes.
It would be great if Philly could sneak one on the break, scored some class goals in the cup so far.

Countyman
12/09/2003, 9:24 AM
1. Murphy
2. Daisy
3. Cronin
4. Ben
5. Razor
6. Scully
7. Rogers/Kenny
8. Kelly
9. Hughes
10. O'Connor
11. McNevin

12. Curley
13. Ryan
14. Purdy
15. Rogers/Kenny
16. Darcy

17. Zellor (a huge shame he's injured)

Estar
12/09/2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Countyman

17. Zellor (a huge shame he's injured)

Is that from Hills tackle.

I would start Purdy, but i'm sure he will feature at some stage.
We need to defend not attack tonight.

Rodger has been pretty poor this season ( f-ing useless against Bray, great goal against Cobh), Marc Kenny has been class since joining County. Is their a better player to watch than Marc when he hits form.
You might think I not well/mad but, he has more skill than the whole Irish midfield put together:cool:

Dodge
12/09/2003, 10:02 AM
Kenny is HUGELY talented but far too lazy to cut it a decent level. I’d still fancy him to score if you got a free kick From 20-30 yard out though. Strong looking team though.

Estar
12/09/2003, 10:25 AM
Sorry left ou Scully, he has to be in the team (in place of Rodgers).

Dodge will Ozo be playing tonight? I'd like to see him in action.

Dodge
12/09/2003, 10:40 AM
Oso should be there to captain the side. I'd say our team will be something like

Adamson
Donnolly Prenderville Maguire El Khebir
Freeman Osam Murphy Mbabazi
Rose Bird

Although that might change if people make recoveries

joeSoap
12/09/2003, 1:18 PM
best of luck lads...kick their sad, pathetic small-minded asses all over inchicore!!!:D :D :D