PDA

View Full Version : Sam praises Cork set up

Éanna
11/09/2003, 11:22 PM
soccercentral (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=10740&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes) has words of high praise from Sam Allardyce for City after The Dav's testimonial.

tiktok
12/09/2003, 12:45 AM
careful Eanna,

remember it was the Cork All Stars and not CCFC that played:D

seriously though, nice to see he was impressed, shame a few of the barstoolers don't share his appreciation for EL set-ups.
and nice compliments to our groundsmen who keep the pitch immaculate and don't really get enough credit.

SÓC
12/09/2003, 1:40 PM
All good but there was talk from both Bolton and City that they've built up a "good relationship" I just hope they dont spoil their friendship by taking the next step in the relationship.

joeSoap
12/09/2003, 2:05 PM
which I presume is swiping ye're amazing talent like Ryan Casey, Greg, Alan Bennett et al???.....no seriously...O'F lynn and Georgie are going to attract a lot of interest the way they're going, so if they do go, make sure its worth ye're while..

pete
12/09/2003, 2:39 PM
Only seen the team that Bolton put out the other day & as much knowledge i have of Bolton seemed like a reasonable enough 1st team squad XI.

Presumably since it was a testimonial Bolton didn't take much if any cash from the pool so fair dues to them for coming over.

Makes a change from the likes of Manchester & Glasgow Celtic & their 50 or 100k.

patsh
12/09/2003, 2:58 PM
Bolton got a fee of 5K, I believe.
Just about cover airfares, I'd reckon.

Colm
12/09/2003, 3:01 PM
Originally posted by pete
Presumably since it was a testimonial Bolton didn't take much if any cash from the pool so fair dues to them for coming over.

AFAIK, Bolton only took 5,000 sterling.

pete
12/09/2003, 3:24 PM
Originally posted by Colm
AFAIK, Bolton only took 5,000 sterling.

Which i suppose is basically to match their costs of travelling.

Seems fair enough to me.

The Donie Forde
13/09/2003, 9:40 AM
Originally posted by pete
Which i suppose is basically to match their costs of travelling.

Seems fair enough to me.

Bolton's fee was a basic 'cover our expenses' thing, rounded at STG£5k. This was because Davenport is a personal friend of Allardyce, and BWFC were doing the Dav, not CCFC, a favour.

I can only assume that if BWFC were to play CCFC it would cost a mite more than 5k, but it would hardly match the outrageous financial demands of that great friend of Irish football, Celtic.

I'd say Allardyce (a) has a sift spot for the LOI - knows more about it than other Prem bosses - and (b) was genuinely impressed by the set-up here. It must have looked like a colossal improvement in standards (venue etc) since he was here 12 years ago as p/m at Limerick City. Good chance they'll be back, IMO...

Donie

The Donie Forde
13/09/2003, 9:42 AM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde

I'd say Allardyce (a) has a sift spot for the LOI - knows more about it than other Prem bosses -

soft even...:o

Donie

joe
13/09/2003, 9:45 AM
check out the 'Edit' button there Donie!

A face
13/09/2003, 10:00 PM
Maybe Donie actually meant sift ......... as in sift through the players that we have !! :rolleyes: