PDA

View Full Version : Conor Henderson

Bungle
16/08/2008, 9:18 AM
Seems to be highly rated at Arsenal

http://youngguns.wordpress.com/Conor-Henderson/

co. down green
16/08/2008, 10:38 AM
He's been called into the u19 squad (http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3432)

Perhaps Arsenal's Academy director, Mr Brady convinced him to play for Ireland rather than England.

theworm2345
16/08/2008, 9:21 PM
Looks like hes twelve in that picture.

I doubt it will matter anyway, Wenger sells all of his Irish players before they reach 21 anyway (and they often end up puttering around the CCC and lower)

seanfhear
17/08/2008, 12:14 PM
Looks like hes twelve in that picture.

I doubt it will matter anyway, Wenger sells all of his Irish players before they reach 21 anyway (and they often end up puttering around the CCC and lower)
A little bit of optimism please!

Nipper
18/08/2008, 9:34 PM
Saw this lad tonight against Portugal in Longford, he looks a class act.

He has that knack of making acres of space for himself.

Junior
19/08/2008, 12:26 AM
Saw this lad tonight against Portugal in Longford, he looks a class act.

He has that knack of making acres of space for himself.

Me too.

Guinness farts in the nightclub generally do the trick.

zackmorris
04/05/2009, 6:32 PM
Made his come back over the weekend, he could be a class act:

http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/

Stuttgart88
05/05/2009, 10:28 AM
Did I read that right, he'll probably be in this year's FA Youth Cup Final?

That'll be interesting to watch.

Stuttgart88
27/05/2009, 9:55 AM
I was at the Emirates on Friday for the FA Youth Cup Final first leg. Arsenal youths beat Liverpool 4-1. Conor Henderson came on as a 90th minute sub despite not even being listed in the squad in the match programme.

He came on late last night in second leg though I didn't see it. Arsenal won 2-1 at Anfield.

They were just superb on Friday, champagne football all night and the score could have been much higher. Liverpool were competitive in the first half but barely got a touch in the second. Hard to tell whether it was talent or just relative size but some of the players looked top class: Jay Emmanuel-Thomas stood out for Arsenal, Amoo for Liverpool.

Not sure of any other Irish in the tie: Kennedy for Liverpool at CB? Arsenal's keeper is London born but surname is Shea.

Cracking entertainment: 33,500 at the game. £10 for adults, £5 for kids. Much better value than the first team!

paul_oshea
27/05/2009, 10:16 AM
Stutts on that note, I was out in Ruislip doing PRO stuff on Sunday and we headed back to the claddagh ring afterwards, emma bryne was there and she was asking for you. She trains with the youths a good bit i believe. I think one of them goes out with a london player, rachael yankey or something maybe?!

Stuttgart88
27/05/2009, 12:32 PM
Thks Paul, I didn't realise I knew Emma Byrne.

paul_oshea
27/05/2009, 2:35 PM
well she knew stutts!

Stuttgart88
27/05/2009, 3:26 PM
The only thing in common I can think of is that I played like a girl in goals.

paul_oshea
27/05/2009, 3:47 PM
you definitely didn't look this good though ;)

eirebhoy
27/05/2009, 5:46 PM
I was at the Emirates on Friday for the FA Youth Cup Final first leg. Arsenal youths beat Liverpool 4-1. Conor Henderson came on as a 90th minute sub despite not even being listed in the squad in the match programme.
I said in another thread at the time that I couldn't believe how tall he was. He looks at least 6 foot. His first contribution when he came on at the Emirates was to take a corner which is a good sign of his technical ability considering the players in that Arsenal team.