PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best young talent at el clubs!!1

Enda M
11/09/2003, 7:59 PM
For me its gotta be Shane Barrett-LTFC

tiktok
11/09/2003, 9:13 PM
depends on what age you have the cut-off for a 'young player'

Barrett is definitely up there, but (an obvious answer from a city fan i guess) John O'Flynn is still U-21 and few in the league can compare with him at any age.

Zayed from Bray would be an obvious pick for a 1st div young player

Éanna
11/09/2003, 10:47 PM
has to be flynn. murray, hoggy and doyler all young a nd quality too :)

DrogMan
12/09/2003, 8:09 AM
For us has to be, Darren Beasley. I think he's 23. Quality playmaker and is deserved of the nickname, "Zinedine" Beasley:D

Dodge
12/09/2003, 8:48 AM
Keith Fahy is probably our best prospect. He played the first half for Ireland u20s last week (by agreement with Pats) and the manager said he was the best player on the park.

gustavo
12/09/2003, 11:16 AM
Our hottest young prospects would have to be poaul mctiernan and rafael cretaro both definetly premier division class , the rest im not so sure about tho the recently departed john gaffney could make it

SÓC
12/09/2003, 1:25 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Keith Fahy is probably our best prospect. He played the first half for Ireland u20s last week (by agreement with Pats) and the manager said he was the best player on the park.

He's actually a class act but he seems a bit of a pussy when it comes to 50/50s anytime I've seen him. What happens when Osam isnt there anymore to kick people around for him, how has he played when Osam hasnt been there next to him like?

Dodge
12/09/2003, 1:38 PM
Well he's mostly played wide right for us so tackling wouldn't be his main job. Only played centre mid v you (after Davey got injured) and v Rovers when PD went off.

I think centre will be his best position. He's not afriad to get stuck in but definitely its his football skills that take him above most.

SÓC
12/09/2003, 1:54 PM
Did he play on the right against us in the 1-1 game? Ye had one fella who took all the frees and was excellent when he had the ball but when we got it he dissappeared, am I think of the right guy, I think he wore 7?

Dodge
12/09/2003, 1:59 PM
Nah he wouldn't be allowed wear seven but thats sounds like it could be him.

eamoss
12/09/2003, 5:17 PM
Simon Kelly & Chris Lawless both with Dundalk & Neil Gallagher who was at Dundalk this season but now at U.C.D :mad:

TheRealRovers
12/09/2003, 5:49 PM
Our hottest young prospects would have to be poaul mctiernan and rafael cretaro both definetly premier division class , the rest im not so sure about tho the recently departed john gaffney could make it
True

kdjaC
12/09/2003, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
He's actually a class act but he seems a bit of a pussy when it comes to 50/50s anytime I've seen him. What happens when Osam isnt there anymore to kick people around for him, how has he played when Osam hasnt been there next to him like?

yah hes a wuss but got a sweet free kick on him ,took over from Russell with some superb free kicks (which teams still give away frees to Pats around the box and complain when it inevitably ends up in the net).

El Kharerjhkjsdh ehh Viera is superb for Pats but a loaner and dont think even his parents know his real age.
kdjac

BobtheDrog
12/09/2003, 10:01 PM
Drogman you forgot Steven Grey

tonybirdfanclub
13/09/2003, 10:23 AM
We're lucky that at saints at the minute we have an extremely young squad and each and every youngster has bags of potential. I rate Anto Murphy quite highly, McPhee is still under 23 as is Freeman, Quigley, Fahey, Adamson, Foley and Maguire are not exactly old mid 20's I think . Future is very bright

Roo69
15/09/2003, 9:36 AM
Zayed is the 1st name that springs to mind but we have some very handy other youngsters -

Flood - striker/lef mid
O'Reilly - right full/centre half
O'Connor - goalkeeper
James - centre mid/right mid
Forsyth - left mid
Lawless - right mid/centre mid
Kilkenny - striker/left mid
Fitzpatrick - striker
Smullen - right/left/centre mid/striker
McGuinness - right/left/centre mid

All these players are in the 1st team or knocking on the door, there all under 21 as well, its looking pretty good for bray at the moment, young players blearning the hard way, hopefully devo/mcguirk will contuine to play them in cruical fixtures to give them experience they need, it'll stand them good next season when were in the premier ! and of course we'll go up as champions ! :D

Bluebeard
15/09/2003, 10:55 AM
We have a couple of handy youngsters, the most obvious is Dan O'Connor, possibly the best young eL goalkeeper.

drummer boy
15/09/2003, 4:13 PM
shane barrett is definitly one for the future and also adrian murphy rovers fans might remember him cos he came on last game of the season and scored a cracker with his first touch hasant really played that brilliant with the u-21's this season unlike last season but still gets on the score sheet nearly every game. i suppose kevin mc hugh from harps id be a hot prospect.
sean dillon, paddy mulvihull and gary casin all have caps underage for ireland. Longford seem to have alot of good quaility young players and they just signed another under 21 irish player, graham gartland

sadloserkid
29/09/2003, 8:37 AM
Stephen o'Mahony (current Ireland U-19) is our best prospect though players like Eoin Keating (21), Paul Finucane (21), Brendan Sweeney (20 I think) Stephen O'Flynn (22) and even Paddy Purcell (23) are all good young players. There's only one player on our panel over the age of 23 now.