PDA

View Full Version : Who would pay €1,000 for 5 years

The Rebel Ram
14/08/2008, 5:40 PM
Who would be interested in paying €1,000 for a 5 year membership?
If the club was to offer this deal would you take it up?
Give a simple y/n to guage the interest

bellavistaman
14/08/2008, 6:38 PM
Are we that desperate now or something, i have my loan of 2k out just waiting to sign it.

Theres no way people (bar OAPs or family tickets IMO) should get the same deal for 1k cheaper,

This isnt official you should stress that rebel ram, well id presume it isnt official, if people wish to donate 1k or 1 hundred i'd imagine it would be welcomed wit open arms.

luka
14/08/2008, 8:07 PM
Are we that desperate now or something, i have my loan of 2k out just waiting to sign it.

Theres no way people (bar OAPs or family tickets IMO) should get the same deal for 1k cheaper,

This isnt official you should stress that rebel ram, well id presume it isnt official, if people wish to donate 1k or 1 hundred i'd imagine it would be welcomed wit open arms.

Lads,

This is becoming very messy altogether.

bellavistaman
15/08/2008, 1:06 AM
Lads,

This is becoming very messy altogether.

Correct Luka

The Rebel Ram
15/08/2008, 6:52 AM
The only reason for it is that there seems to be f all input from others on how to generate bobs quickly and I can't see there being a big take-up on the €2,000 offer.
We need ideas not critisism, and there doesn't seem to be many coming through...........

Redshanks
15/08/2008, 2:41 PM
The knockers are always the last to produce ideas or alternatives!

Maybe Frank O'Brien of 96FM can sort out all our problems!:D

SalvadorSanchez
15/08/2008, 2:50 PM
Tough times for everyone, I hate to say it but if the Club constitution allows it you might have to think about selling the ground and leasing it back over time or sell it completely and share with with you're good mates City, the journey isn't too daunting for Cobh people and you might even get bigger gates with away fans and city folk coming along..... both Clubs need the money, and it could secure the future of both clubs by increasing the revenue being generated on gates and reducing the maintenance/staffing costs and would make ground sponsorship more appealling.....

DON'T JUMP DOWN MY THROAT OVER THIS... IT'S JUST AN IDEA THAT MIGHT NOT EVEN BE POSSIBLE!

The Rebel Ram
15/08/2008, 3:26 PM
Tough times for everyone, I hate to say it but if the Club constitution allows it you might have to think about selling the ground and leasing it back over time or sell it completely and share with with you're good mates City, the journey isn't too daunting for Cobh people and you might even get bigger gates with away fans and city folk coming along..... both Clubs need the money, and it could secure the future of both clubs by increasing the revenue being generated on gates and reducing the maintenance/staffing costs and would make ground sponsorship more appealling.....

DON'T JUMP DOWN MY THROAT OVER THIS... IT'S JUST AN IDEA THAT MIGHT NOT EVEN BE POSSIBLE!

How about us sharing St. Colman's Park with City, could be a nice earner for Cobh and a cheaper option for City

Claret & Blue
15/08/2008, 3:30 PM
How about us sharing St. Colman's Park with City, could be a nice earner for Cobh and a cheaper option for City

Yes, and at least one of us will still own there own ground that way!!

don ramo
15/08/2008, 4:24 PM

so sell our milti million euro ground to pay a debth thats less than half the price of a house:rolleyes::eek:

SalvadorSanchez
15/08/2008, 6:00 PM

Genius!

SalvadorSanchez
15/08/2008, 6:04 PM
so sell our milti million euro ground to pay a debth thats less than half the price of a house:rolleyes::eek:

The grounds not much good to ya if the club goes to the wall.... the sell and lease back might attract a group of investors who would have an asset to invest against.... it's been done before... most investors look at football as a financial black hole with big money in, nothing out and no assets to fall back on, 2-3 medium investors + supporters group could swing it... set the club up for years....

The Rebel Ram
15/08/2008, 6:20 PM
Genius!

At last my talents have been recognised:D:p:D

rambler14
15/08/2008, 9:31 PM

They tried that before and this happened! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LfF4F4lfIA):D

It would be a resounding failure IMO.:D

rambler14
15/08/2008, 9:39 PM
Lads I think it's time we stopped being a members owned club and brought in investors because 160 odd people who arn't millionares can't keep a club running where as two or 3 people who are can easily do it.

There are millionares in Cobh and it's well known there are and in my opinion I think it's time we asked them to become part of Cobh Ramblers.

don ramo
15/08/2008, 11:15 PM
Lads I think it's time we stopped being a members owned club and brought in investors because 160 odd people who arn't millionares can't keep a club running where as two or 3 people who are can easily do it.

There are millionares in Cobh and it's well known there are and in my opinion I think it's time we asked them to become part of Cobh Ramblers.

they all refused, as they all caught you stalking them:D

i said this months ago, its not that the club doesnt work, its the fact its a member club is the reason it doesnt work, you cant run such a big operation with part-time voluntary members, and to say were in as little debth as we are goes to show how hard these people work for the club, with no pay

Redshanks
16/08/2008, 10:31 AM
Its not that the miliioneres havent been asked, they have, but the existing members we do have, are holding out. In the absense of alternative ideas or financial plans beeing put in place, it soon wont matter, and all you guys could in future be writing here about what might have been.

Its at the stage now where I've heard people using the silly (players loan debate/fiasco) as an excuse for not taking out the loan themselves (anything to avoid signing the dotted line themselves). All I can say, is there are alot of Niro's fiddling and posting on here while Rome is burning around them. The sad thing about it, is that many will exchange fiddles for fingers later when its time for pointing the blame!

I can honestly predict that the next EGM will be brought about by the members own lack of action and accountability/Responsibility. Lets not forget its a members/owned club. The senior committee are not blamless here also, partcularly in the manner which they delivered this initially, but some of the excuses I've read since from members were pathetic to say the least. Yet I've only read one single alternative idea since!

gee wizz
16/08/2008, 12:12 PM

If these 160 or so members gave 1000 euros is that not the debt covered as you say above its a members run club. 160X1000=160,000 problem solved?

rambler14
16/08/2008, 2:27 PM
If these 160 or so members gave 1000 euros is that not the debt covered as you say above its a members run club. 160X1000=160,000 problem solved?

Whats the future then???, after we all cough up €1000...........................more debt!

Redshanks
17/08/2008, 1:20 PM
No R 14, not if its properly managed. The alternative - and preferred one seems to be to do nothing! A bit of honesty here would go a long way and make this thread alot more interesting and productive!