PDA

View Full Version : Swiss tickets from Euroteam

gunnerbar
11/09/2003, 3:48 PM
I'm in desperate need of tickets for the fortcoming game against Switzerland. I've already booked 3 flights and just received a letter this morning from the FAI informing me that I've been allocated zero tickets even though I'm a blockbooker! Any help at all would be really appreciated.

Barna Bee
11/09/2003, 5:16 PM
www.euroteam.info......euro 210 for cat 3 tickets ...take it or leave it I'd say

Barna Bee
11/09/2003, 5:18 PM
sorry try www.euroteam.info as I said 210 for cat 3 tickets and up to euro 300 for cat 1

West5
12/09/2003, 9:39 AM
I managed to successfuuly bid for a ticket on the Swiss ebay site (www.ebay.ch). The site is in German so a dictionary or a German speaker would be handy. If you make a bid on the Swiss site, you can track progress via your ebay account (My eBay), you can get the gist of the process from using the english version of ebay.

2 tickets have been going for up to CHF680 (£300), although I got one in section C1 (family section) for CHF176 (£80). Most seem to be in the D sections of the ground behind one goal - need to be careful if these are in the thick of the Swiss fans. The FAI could not confirm to me the dedicated seating section for Irish fans - hopefully this won't be an issue. You can see the layout of the ground on www.fcb.ch.

Good luck.

NeilMcD
12/09/2003, 1:53 PM
has anybody got tickets from that euroteam website, as i would be suspicous as to how trustworthy it is, its an awful lot of money to pay out if its a scam. Has anybody here got tickets from this avenue before.

gspain
12/09/2003, 2:12 PM
Guys be very very careful. Most of these organisations take orders and money for tickets and then try and source them. WC98 had some real horror stories. Loads of rugby fans just done for Australia although it should prompt the IRB to follow FIFA and UEFA to sell tickets direct to fans rather than allow travel agents to fleece them.

Loads of Irish done for Cross Channel trips to Old Trafford etc.

I reallyt hink you'd do better outside the ground than with these guys although beware of forgeries.

Volltreffer
12/09/2003, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by West5
2 tickets have been going for up to CHF680 (£300), although I got one in section C1 (family section) for CHF176 (£80). Most seem to be in the D sections of the ground behind one goal - need to be careful if these are in the thick of the Swiss fans. The FAI could not confirm to me the dedicated seating section for Irish fans - hopefully this won't be an issue. You can see the layout of the ground on www.fcb.ch.

The Irish sector should be somewhere in sector B.
I don't think there will be any problem in the other sectors. For opposing fans coming to sector D might be a problem for a FC Basel match, but not for a national team match.

gspain
12/09/2003, 4:01 PM
Originally posted by Volltreffer
The Irish sector should be somewhere in sector B.
I don't think there will be any problem in the other sectors. For opposing fans coming to sector D might be a problem for a FC Basel match, but not for a national team match.

Any idea what price tickets will be outside?

Volltreffer
12/09/2003, 4:20 PM
Originally posted by gspain
Any idea what price tickets will be outside?
No idea. But there are so many people desperately looking for tickets that prices are likely to be very high (whatever that means).

If you travel to Basel and try to get tickets here, you should go to an internet cafe and visit www.fcbforum.ch (the FC Basel forum) on the day of the match and ask for tickets. The chances may be slim, but many people (as myself) bought 4 tickets (that was the maximum you could get per person) just in case their friends needed some. And if they have a spare ticket they are more likely to sell it at a reasonable price than the people in front of the stadium.

If I find no one who wants my 2 spare tickets, that's the way I'll sell them (at the original price of CHF 34.75).

Junior
12/09/2003, 4:24 PM

If I find no one who wants my 2 spare tickets, that's the way I'll sell them (at the original price of CHF 34.75).

What do you mean if you don't find anyone who wants your 2 spares....you just have ...me!!!!!!

I would gladly take them off your hands as we have a group of 12 travelling, and so far only have 2 possible tickets (though these are not definite).

Let me know

Cheers, Jnr;)

Volltreffer
12/09/2003, 4:31 PM
Originally posted by Junior
What do you mean if you don't find anyone who wants your 2 spares....you just have ...me!!!!!!

"If I don't find anyone" means "if none of my friends asks me whether I have tickets". But I think you perfectly understood me. ;) There is one particular person I know who is likely to come to me the day before the match, saying he wants to invite his friends ... I somehow feel it coming.

You should really do as I said (fcbforum.ch), or maybe you should already go there now and make a few friends. :D They are quite a friendly lot on the whole. Most of them even speak/write some kind of English.

Junior
12/09/2003, 5:09 PM
"If I don't find anyone" means "if none of my friends asks me whether I have tickets". But I think you perfectly understood me. ;) There is one particular person I know who is likely to come to me the day before the match, saying he wants to invite his friends ... I somehow feel it coming.

You should really do as I said (fcbforum.ch), or maybe you should already go there now and make a few friends. :D They are quite a friendly lot on the whole. Most of them even speak/write some kind of English.

Yeah, Im only joking, I'll get on to the Basel forum next week and do some 'Networking' as they say in the business world, you never know, might get lucky.

Cheers, Jnr

Volltreffer
12/09/2003, 6:08 PM
Good luck and see you there.