PDA

View Full Version : Club colors

Loner
10/09/2003, 11:29 PM
Hello,

Some of you may have heard me before, I'm a Cork sympathisant since I visited your club last summer. What is the story behind the red logo that lots of you use and the green shirt?

Cheers from Rotterdam

tiktok
11/09/2003, 12:30 AM
That's more for Cork City fans than Cobh Ramblers. anybody want to move it???

long story short(ish) Loner,
Cork City was founded in 1984 and traditionally our club colours have been red, green and white. the majority of our shirts early on were white with some sort of red and green trim or stripes, (although we had a black and yellow shirt too:D ) a few years back the club made what seemed to me to be a conscious decision to align our support with that of the Cork Gaelic football and Hurling (irish national sports) team and adopted a home red kit, traditionally a 'rebel' colour, this was popular for a while but two years ago we reverted back to the green home kit, which historically has stronger links with soccer in the city (although not everyone agrees with me that this is how it should be).

the red crest avatar comes from the red shirt era, although on the shirts it is white green and red, green is our current home colour.

by the way, horrible result against the Czech's tonight

Loner
11/09/2003, 8:50 PM
Thanks tiktok,

I think it's a pity if a club does not stick to one homeshirt. Th green one is beautiful, I have one here in Rotterdam.

We, die-hard Feyenoord supporters don't support the Dutch national team cos its full of ajax and ex-ajax players and we hate them!. It is great to see them go down!

I don't care that much about international soccer. If I watch it I like England to win. Also Scotland and Ireland have my great respect!

To the bar...