PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Echo

luka
12/08/2008, 2:49 PM
Small bit of a read in tonight's Echo. Tis up onthe off and City forums sites.

COBH RAMBLERS have asked their players to take out a €2,000 personal loan
to help offset the club’s €160,000 debts, writes NOEL SPILLANE.

ramsfan
12/08/2008, 3:23 PM
how did it get onto echo, cringe, we are embarassing ourselves again:eek::eek:

drinkfeckarse
12/08/2008, 3:44 PM
Don't see what's embarassing about it to be honest and Barry Walsh is quoted in it. I'd be just a little worried about the longer term.

It's all well and good organising these fundraisers but won't the debt just build up again once it's reduced?

rambler14
12/08/2008, 4:04 PM
This is embarrassing!:(:(

6yardpunisha
12/08/2008, 5:37 PM
This is embarrassing!:(:(

have to agree with you on this one

ramsfan
12/08/2008, 6:15 PM
we have argued time and time again about financial aspects of club being leaked and revealed on forums then club release top press that players were asked for money, to the man on the street that says we are in big financial trouble and creates a bad impression of club , this stuff should be kept inhouse as we have done before.

i thought this argument about 2k was dead and buried, looking for 100 people to donate , how likely is that?

Redshanks
12/08/2008, 6:52 PM
the press release in tonight's echo is not an official press release issued by the club and was not released by the Club's media officer. someone in our club has a very big mouth, and is forcing us into some very embarassing situations.never the less,hopefully the arcticle will encourage some unity. maybe we can now show our support for our Club, that includes players, Committee members and anyone who has any love for Cobh Ramblers.

ramsfan
12/08/2008, 6:55 PM
if it is not official why did players and chairman give quotes they should have denied the story?

Redshanks
12/08/2008, 7:08 PM
Simple -if the chairman didnt reply to the story when presumably asked for a comment, the rumours would have then taken over from facts. By putting his own take on the story, the chairman atleast had some control over what was going to be printed. As for the player, - what player? were we given a name? As I said, this is a time for unity but above all a time for loyalty to the club. I guess we will know soon enough who has it and who doesnt!

ramsfan
12/08/2008, 7:17 PM
Simple -if the chairman didnt reply to the story when presumably asked for a comment, the rumours would have then taken over from facts. By putting his own take on the story, the chairman atleast had some control over what was going to be printed. As for the player, - what player? were we given a name? As I said, this is a time for unity but above all a time for loyalty to the club. I guess we will know soon enough who has it and who doesnt!

town cryers and all that :o:o

LeixlipRed
13/08/2008, 11:03 AM
Asking players to take out loans to keep the club afloat? Wtf? What sort of business practice is that. Essentially asking someone to take out a loan to pay their own wages. What's going on at Cobh lads? I'm fond of your club and it seems to be about to self destruct. The fans are the only people who should fork out money in a situation like this

rambler14
13/08/2008, 11:41 AM
It's a joke to be honest. In this day and age no player should be asked to take out a loan to save the club.

What would happen if the player left the club or retired??? Chances are it's gonna happen!

Rambler20
13/08/2008, 1:59 PM
I think the club need to go about other ways of making this money , to approach the team for me was the wrong thing to do after all not all the players may be here next season and the players need to be concentrating on football and not have the clubs finances as a distraction or a excuse. I think the club need to do something along the lines of what Erins own football club did they held a major fundraiser out in the dog track in bishopstown where they got all the dogs and races sponsered they got as many sponsers as they could and its paying for the development of new pitches and dressingrooms surely the club could undertake something like this before approaching the players.

Were not the only club in trouble but the action taken now has to put the club on a sound footing for the start of next season the club should be approaching as many business's as they can for sponsership for everyting and anything they can think of .

ramsfan
13/08/2008, 2:41 PM
we got slammed by pfai aswell on back of todays star:mad:

pcplod
13/08/2008, 3:02 PM
This is ridiculous it has been blown out of proportion the players were simply given the option to help save the club like all its members were. Nobody has been asked to do anything it is a plea not a demand and one that if a few more options are made available to people i am sure will suceed.The players should count themselves lucky that unlike cork they have gotten payed the last three weeks and Galway who had to take a 12.5% wage cut which surely works out at more than a tenner a week. We as members should be putting a positive spin on things not adding to the negativity.

Iam sure that any ideas for getting cah in will be gratefully accepted so lets all start thinking instead of cribing.

luka
13/08/2008, 7:13 PM
If this idea gets off the ground then it'll probably be the same people putting in again as always while others just sit back and watch. Now, why should Mister A, B & C keep paying so the Mister X, Y & Z can continue to enjoy. I'm not knocking the idea totally but I think it could have been approached in a more structured and organised manner because now it seems like the Club are begging. At least that's what the rest of the country thinks.

I never got any letter either by the way.

The Rebel Ram
13/08/2008, 7:29 PM
If this idea gets off the ground then it'll probably be the same people putting in again as always while others just sit back and watch. Now, why should Mister A, B & C keep paying so the Mister X, Y & Z can continue to enjoy. I'm not knocking the idea totally but I think it could have been approached in a more structured and organised manner because now it seems like the Club are begging. At least that's what the rest of the country thinks.

I never got any letter either by the way.

That's why I think the €1,000 for 5 years would work, it's not like it's begging, both the club win and the member wins.
There aren't going to be too many takers for the 2k offer but at 1k it has an attraction.

Redshanks
13/08/2008, 7:53 PM
Seems to me people on here are more concerned what others (the rest of the country) thinks. As was said, its got away out of hand and exagerated. Our players have always been paid, while others have not. We should be charging ours for Creche facilities -whinging gits.

rambler14
13/08/2008, 11:40 PM
we got slammed by pfai aswell on back of todays star:mad:

and rightly so. It's a crap idea!

People are focusing on "asking the players to save the club" yet no one is seeing an easy way round this stupid awkward phrase, it's easier to say.............The players are being asked to become members of the club!

The players shouldn't be involved because it could lead to a conflict of interests as the club may want to get rid of a player who is crap and not a team player but won't because he "saved the club".

Ramtillidie
14/08/2008, 1:03 AM
Lads this is totall s*** the club is arsed we know that but can we stop talking s*** and get BIG time behind the the team for what games are left

Redshanks
14/08/2008, 8:50 AM
Club is not just relying on the players R-14, its also relying on me and YOU so, sign up yourself or else shut up. As far as I can see, Rebel Ram is the only one who has come up with an alterative plan, instead of whinging, about what others think!

Inside Out
14/08/2008, 8:53 PM
What i don,t understand here Redshanks is the attitude.What are you saying now is that unless we agree or come up with a better solution we should all shut up.May I stress now that i am not a member of The Dark Side or the MSL side either but has the chairman not been saying all along that there was no financial problems or no other problems within the club.Again I must say that all that matters now is inside the pitch and leave all other problems to our chairman as promised.

bellavistaman
15/08/2008, 1:25 AM
What i don,t understand here Redshanks is the attitude.What are you saying now is that unless we agree or come up with a better solution we should all shut up.May I stress now that i am not a member of The Dark Side or the MSL side either but has the chairman not been saying all along that there was no financial problems or no other problems within the club.Again I must say that all that matters now is inside the pitch and leave all other problems to our chairman as promised.

Shut up. :D:D.

I think Redshanks is saying we pride ourselves on being a members club but we do not fufill that pride one bit, thats my take take from it, if any member EVER doubted the club, or questioned certain people it is NOW time to put up or.......

Redshanks
15/08/2008, 9:51 AM
When did the the Chaiman say we had no financial problems 'insider'? Where have you been lad, What was the Sunderland gig about, the EGM's where it was all spelt out time and again. Are you now saying the Chairman should foot the bills himself and that this club is not belong to the rest of us? As Bella said Shut it!

don ramo
15/08/2008, 10:23 AM
barry is on 96fm now