PDA

View Full Version : RTE Internet Radio

petef
10/09/2003, 5:31 PM
Probably only for people abroad like me but anyone have problems trying to get it to work on the RTE site. Mine always throws up errors, never a problem with other radio stuff on the net.

yur man
10/09/2003, 6:18 PM
i just checked it and radio1 gave an error message, but 2fm works fine

sometimes they give an error message cos the max number of connections (400) is bein used by others

tip for a big sportin event. log on a couple of hours before kick off/throw in. nothin worse than tryin to listen to a big game n find yur too late. happened to me b4

i just checked it now (19.40) and its workin fine

clarkeyboy
10/09/2003, 9:43 PM
then why has rte radio got such a small capacity for streaming live events? do they think 400 streams is enough for an international soccer match?:mad:

ramsie
10/09/2003, 10:05 PM
RTE Radio1 id rather eat stones then listen to that ****

tiktok
10/09/2003, 10:28 PM
Grand for you Ramsie sitting at home in Cobh with the option of ignoring it. Spare a thought for the few of us who have to rely on it completely for the International and EL games.

agree that it's terrible that the capacity gets filled so easily, i'd taken to logging on about ninety minutes before ko.

Éanna
10/09/2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by ramsie
RTE Radio1 id rather eat stones then listen to that ****
thats not the first time you've mentioned eating stones. Whats the matter? Shortage of food in queenstown again. Pop into lennoxs and beg if you're that hungry, I'm sure they'd loan ya a burger or two ;) :p

petef
11/09/2003, 8:49 AM
Thought that was the case, typical RTE, its not always possible to log on that early which is a shame.