PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Signings

thecorner
10/09/2003, 2:48 PM
city are awaiting on work permits for 2 nigerians signed before the transfer deadline and they r trying to rush the permits through in time so they can face bohs on friday week

should be interesting

our very own jay-jay's

curts82
10/09/2003, 2:54 PM
Positions are they????

Ali-G
10/09/2003, 4:20 PM
According to tonight’s Evening Echo, Cork City are awaiting on work permits for two Nigerian players. One of the players is 21-year-old midfielder Michael N****o. The other is believed to be a striker. Both players were recommended to Pat Dolan by their American agent and have been playing in the Egyptian first division recently for a Cairo club. The duo were signed before the August transfer deadline, and City are now in talks with the Nigerian Embassy in Dublin in an attempt to speed up the paper work.

So much for Dolan giving local talent a run out. First the ozzie, now a couple of nigerians. It's hardly farranree and togher. What about Warren, CP O Brien, Mucca. I think half the buzz of following City is the fact the Flynny and George are Cork men.

pete
10/09/2003, 4:30 PM
Originally posted by Ali-G
....Michael N****o.

wonder why his name got censured - Np*sso, Nshi*o, Ncu*to...

;)

QUOTE]Originally posted by Ali-G
....So much for Dolan giving local talent a run out. First the ozzie, now a couple of nigerians. It's hardly farranree and togher. What about Warren, CP O Brien, Mucca. I think half the buzz of following City is the fact the Flynny and George are Cork men. [/QUOTE]

Yeah dunno why Devine, Murray, Doyle, O'Grady, Casey etc... are even in the team.

:rolleyes:

ian
10/09/2003, 4:35 PM
Ali-G have you got a problem with farranree and togher. What has two nigerian's got to do with the places you have on your post.

Colm
10/09/2003, 4:56 PM
So much for Dolan giving local talent a run out. First the ozzie, now a couple of nigerians. It's hardly farranree and togher. What about Warren, CP O Brien, Mucca. I think half the buzz of following City is the fact the Flynny and George are Cork men.

To be honest, I don't care if the players are from Cork or anywhere else in the world as long as they perform well for CCFC, are passionate about playing for the club and have pride in the jersey.

ccfcman
10/09/2003, 5:14 PM
ya cmon the actual idea of following a tean is to see them do well,i assume u{ali g} object to jason mccateer,phil babb and co.playing for ireland?

ccfcman
10/09/2003, 5:26 PM
spillage should check out this thread for racist abuse:rolleyes:

yiddo
10/09/2003, 5:26 PM
Hopefully they'll be better than our last Nigerian Dominic Iorfa ;)

patsh
10/09/2003, 5:27 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
ya cmon the actual idea of following a tean is to see them do well,i assume u{ali g} object to jason mccateer,phil babb and co.playing for ireland?
MOST people would object to them playing for Ireland !:D

Éanna
10/09/2003, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by Colm
To be honest, I don't care if the players are from Cork or anywhere else in the world as long as they perform well for CCFC.
agreed. If they're from Cork, brilliant, if not who cares where they're from, once they do the business

b_mcsweeney
10/09/2003, 5:37 PM
i'll freely admit to being a racist against people from togher!

(only joking, t'is of course a lovely area).

i've no problems with dolan bringing in people from outside cork, as long as they're significant upgrades on what we have (doyles rather than heddermans).

patsh
10/09/2003, 5:55 PM
Dolan brought Livingston to SPA, (if I'm wrong I'll have the usual know-all on to tell me!), didn't he?
If either guy is as successful as that for us, I'd be well happy. Given that City want them ready to play in the Bohs game, maybe they are straight into the first team material?
I have to say that Casey is turnng out to be a major disappointment, and unless he wakes up, starts getting stuck in and doing his bit of slogging, I think he should be let go. Maybe Laim Kearney will shake him up.
Dolan has brought in Hedderman, Packer and Casey and maybe, (controversially !;) ) Derek, and none have been a success so far.

thecorner
10/09/2003, 6:08 PM

rumour has they are born and bred in blackpool:p

ian
10/09/2003, 6:42 PM
The corner hahahahah you allways make me laugh. Best of luck to them if it is true.

tiktok
10/09/2003, 6:57 PM
once they're good enough i couldn't care less where they're from, it's all well and good to talk about having local lads in the side, and we have two of the best in george and Flynny, but what we need is top quality players regardless of where they're from.

SSS
10/09/2003, 7:44 PM
Hope they do better than Adewale, Saiba Ishola and So Fetmu - post-Iorfa Africans...for one game only.
Scarboro Aug 02.

thecorner
10/09/2003, 8:49 PM
Originally posted by ian
The corner hahahahah you allways make me laugh. Best of luck to them if it is true.

i try my best ian:D

RedX
10/09/2003, 9:36 PM
Can someone please tell me why City fans moan about everything?.We have signed two new players and people are moaning that they are not from Cork.What next?.I think the thought of having a couple of decent coloured foreign players might go down well with City fans who are always looking for new heroes and also with the sizeable Non-national community here in Cork.I hear all the Chelsea fans moan that Crespo is not from Croydon and Gerimi from Chelsea village.Chill out lads...

tiktok
10/09/2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by RedX
Can someone please tell me why City fans moan about everything?.We have signed two new players and people are moaning that they are not from Cork.

:D you have a point RedX, we focus on the cloud behind every silver lining.

Éanna
10/09/2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
:D you have a point RedX, we focus on the cloud behind every silver lining. well said! :D

Dricky
11/09/2003, 7:39 AM
Fair dues, we are not top of the table local lads couldn't do it, the title is there for the taking but were not good enough yet, if he has to sign player so what.

Mbabaz......... who can says he hasn't been a great addition to Pats and the el.

ccfcman
11/09/2003, 8:02 AM
if hes an inuit from alaska hell do for me

liamon
11/09/2003, 8:07 AM
Interesting that we're supposed to be signing two nigerians around the time that Spillage printed his racism nonsense. Guess this will prove if ccfc fans are racist or not.

Ali-G
11/09/2003, 8:17 AM
I seem to have been branded a bit of a racist here, and in fairness i can see the way my post could be read that way. What I meant was that I would rather see City succeed with local lads. I enjoy it more, knowing that Georgie is from Whitechurch, and not from some gaff I havent a clue about. It is easier to identify with, and I think gives more pride in the club.
I am fully aware that Dan Murray is a great player, maybe our best ever centre half, but I would be more proud of City if he was a local lad.

As for having something against Farranree and Togher, ye probably reckoned I was from some snobby gaff. Blackpool, born and bred (as someone wrote above)

ccfcman
11/09/2003, 9:03 AM
spillage will make a story outta this sumhow:rolleyes:
:ball: :ball: :ball:

Éanna
11/09/2003, 6:03 PM
I seem to have been branded a bit of a racist here, and in fairness i can see the way my post could be read that way. What I meant was that I would rather see City succeed with local lads. I enjoy it more, knowing that Georgie is from Whitechurch, and not from some gaff I havent a clue about. It is easier to identify with, and I think gives more pride in the club.
I am fully aware that Dan Murray is a great player, maybe our best ever centre half, but I would be more proud of City if he was a local lad.

As for having something against Farranree and Togher, ye probably reckoned I was from some snobby gaff. Blackpool, born and bred (as someone wrote above)
see your point alright ali, there is something about having a olcal team, but I think it just depends how a fella settles in the area. Look at the likes of Alek Ludzic and compare him to someone like Gerland Dobbs or Liam O'Brien. It depends on the person

pete
11/09/2003, 6:31 PM
from citynet:

Evening Echo, Cork City are awaiting on work permits for two Nigerian players. One of the players is 21-year-old midfielder Michael Nwan*o. The other is believed to be a striker. Both players were recommended to Pat Dolan by their American agent and have been playing in the Egyptian first division recently for a Cairo club. The duo were signed before the August transfer deadline, and City are now in talks with the Nigerian Embassy in Dublin in an attempt to speed up the paper work.

Nice of their agent to recommend them. What next...their mother tell Pat how great their boys are.

:D

Nwan*o or Nwa*ko isn't the best name for away games.

;)

Counting Crow
11/09/2003, 8:26 PM
I reckon Moses will "inernally combust" when he sees these guys run on the pitch in City gear.

The guy will be so confused it will be priceless.

Mind you Moses wearing a white pillow case over his head has it's positive side...........!:D

tiktok
11/09/2003, 9:18 PM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
I reckon Moses will "internally combust" when he sees these guys run on the pitch in City gear.

i hope they start next game so

Peadar
12/09/2003, 8:54 AM
Originally posted by pete
Nwan*o or Nwa*ko isn't the best name for away games.

;)

They can call him anything they like so long as he's running the show in midfield for us.
Kevin Hunt could have been ridiculed by the away supporters but most just marvel at his ability.

niamh
12/09/2003, 10:32 AM
Considering these guys were just recommended by someone else and considering the amount of players we've taken on trials and such, how bout we wait and see if they are any good until we talk about the addition they'll make to the squad.

ccfc till i die
12/09/2003, 1:22 PM
And if they end up staying at city we'll have to get the admins here and at citynet to take wa*k out of the banned swear word list.

dalo
12/09/2003, 2:30 PM
i had to laugh at some guy who said pat picked them up for nothing while walking in pope's quay. yeah i know it's probably slightly racist but i had to laugh.

yeah best of luck to them. any guys who can survive egyptian football must be tough

NorthoftheLee
17/09/2003, 3:11 PM
Ok they have been named on citynet

Michael Nwánkwo and Chidozie Yukoh..played in Egypt and Poland respectfully.

Has anyone been able to find any info on these guys apart from Michael having the same second name as Kanu????

pete
17/09/2003, 4:06 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
Has anyone been able to find any info on these guys apart from Michael having the same second name as Kanu????

google search on Michael N****wo only shows some polish basketball site or something...

:confused:

NorthoftheLee
17/09/2003, 4:32 PM
I got that too...but his name was Ike...everything else was Kanu...

got nothing on the other bloke.......

Pablo
17/09/2003, 4:54 PM
i hope they aint a pair of duds. theres a good data base of nigerian players at http://www.nigerianplayers.com and theres no sign of the two lads

Pablo
17/09/2003, 5:10 PM
http://www.nigerianplayers.com/player.asp?pID=57

thats him. not much info

pete
18/09/2003, 6:17 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
thats him. not much info

slight understatement ;)

If you have any more information on Nigerian players, please e-mail us! All help to keep this database up to date is highly appreciated!

think that should be ANY info ;)

one_bounce
19/09/2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Counting Crow
I reckon Moses will "inernally combust" when he sees these guys run on the pitch in City gear.

The guy will be so confused it will be priceless.

Mind you Moses wearing a white pillow case over his head has it's positive side...........!:D

hehe he i was thinking the very same thing... anyone in the shed for the bray match last season?? i think moses is a closet homo with the amount of comments he made about wesleys l*nger

and anything put over that ugly b*stards head would be an improvement.. especially if it was soundproof aswell