Connolly - 8
Doherty - 6

Subs on long enough for rating:
Murphy - 5
Dunne - 6
Reid - 3

Slash/ED
11/09/2003, 5:25 PM
Colgan - 7 - No chance for the goal, nothing much else to do.

Finnan - 8 - I thought he was absolutley fantastic, his calmness in tight situations is unbeliveble and he's defencively a rock, didn't go forward as often as he normally does though.

Breen - 7 - Decent enough preformance from Breen, solid.

O'Brien - 6 - Looked a bit shaky, but wasn't at fault for too much.
Harte - 3 - Gave the ball away needlessly, was blatantly at fault for their second goal which was vintage Harte. Liability, get him out.

Duff - 7 - Would be higher if he was on longer, was taking the **** out of their defence at times and, as usual, had three men on him and still came out top. Brilliant goal too, and it was onside.

Healy - 6 - Played very poor, but gets points for his fantastic ball through to Duff for the disallowed goal, that was amazing. Needs sharpness, but the talent is there for all to see.

Kinsella - 5 - Fairly ineffective and not really influencing much, Turkish mid field had alot of space and he didn't add anything going forward.

Kilbane - 6 - Worked hard as ever, but would be a better left back then winger, gets into positions but just doesn't create enough chances when all is said and done.

Connolly - 9 - Best preformance in the green shirt? Definitely in recent memory. Superb goal, and his creative passing and flicks wouldn't have gone unnoticed if he wasn't being partnered by a lamp.

Doherty - 2 - Worst player on the night. I'd forgive him for his confrence standard skill if he could have at least looked up and given Connolly a tap in for a deserved second goal for him, but when he got in the position he went for glory which compounded how bad he was playing. He's a centre half, not our saviour, we need to figure it out. Scores goals from set peices like any centre half (See Sol Campbell, even Gary Breen) but his all round play as a striker is appaling. He may be tall but he's no target man, he's not a forward of any kind.

Subs on long enough for rating:
Murphy - 6 - Poor kicking, but put it down to nerves. Made a good punch on a dangerous cross and had no chance for the goal. He's an amazing keeper, I've watched him from U16s level and he's a future number one, but Kenny should be in the squad ahead of him for now.

Dunne - 5 - Gets an extra mark for the goal, but Turkeys late one was onside, and it was his ample frame as ever too slow to play the offside trap that should have cost us. Not good enough.

Reid - 5 - His two worst preformances for us have come in a row, fairly ineffective. A good run of form for Blackburn is needed in the next few weeks if he wants to start against Switzerland.

Kerr: 1 - Didn't do much wrong on the night, but why in the name of god were we not watching Miller in Kinsellas place and Andy Reid in Kilbanes? Barrett and Butler should also have been on the bench to come on, utterly wasted oppurtunity to have a look at the exciting next generation, despite the crap U21 results the talents there for all to see, now lets use it.

Fans: 8 - Great atmosphere for a friendly I thought, Turkish fans were very well behaved too, which was a suprise.

Footie_Fan
11/09/2003, 7:13 PM
Originally posted by Slash/ED

Finnan - 8 - I thought he was absolutley fantastic, his calmness in tight situations is unbeliveble and he's defencively a rock, didn't go forward as often as he normally does though.

Kilbane - 6 - Worked hard as ever, but would be a better left back then winger, gets into positions but just doesn't create enough chances when all is said and done.

Fans: 8 - Great atmosphere for a friendly I thought, Turkish fans were very well behaved too, which was a suprise.

Finnan was too slow to get out on the Turkish winger for their first goal and alot of their supply was coming down that side albeit Reid in front of him didn't do anything to help. Gave a couple of dodgy back passes to the Murphy on his debut. Didn't get forward enough.

Kilbane played very well again our only threat from midfield. Got by his markers on a few occassions and won us free kicks and got in crosses.

The atmosphere was average nothing special everyone was on a downer from the weekend.