PDA

View Full Version : Russia v Switzerland Live On Net 2

Peadar
10/09/2003, 9:19 AM
The crucial game is on at 17:00 Irish time today on Network 2.
I still think a draw is the best result.
Certainly don't want Russia to win.

elroy
10/09/2003, 9:33 AM
Yip draw is definitely the best result-then a win in switzerland would win us the group.
If the Switz win we can only get second and def dont want a Russia win cos then we could end up with nothin.

Junior
10/09/2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by elroy
Yip draw is definitely the best result-then a win in switzerland would win us the group.
If the Switz win we can only get second and def dont want a Russia win cos then we could end up with nothin.

Am I right in thinking, Russia win tonight and against Georgia
and we win in Basle, then the Swiss end up 3rd?

gspain
10/09/2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Junior
Am I right in thinking, Russia win tonight and against Georgia
and we win in Basle, then the Swiss end up 3rd?

Yes - if we win in Basle we're guaranteed the playoff .

Switzerland need 1 win or 2 draws to win the group.

Georgia need 2 wins to probably take the playoff.

Loads of permutations but it will be a lot clearer this evening

Condex
10/09/2003, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know if its on any of the satellite channels ?

Peadar
10/09/2003, 1:21 PM
Originally posted by Condex
satellite channels ?

Since it's on an RTÉ channel there's a possibility that Setanta might show it. Shepards Bush/Hammersmith area has a lot of pubs which show that. Waxy O'Connor's on Rupert Street near Piccadilly might show it. Ring and ask is all I can suggest.

elroy
10/09/2003, 1:22 PM
I just saw Brian Kerr hasnt flown out to the game after all-something about the flight been delayed due to air traffic controls and as a result he wouldnt have made it.

Peadar
10/09/2003, 1:32 PM
Brian Kerr hasnt flown out

Lucky it's on RTÉ then.
Knowing Brian he probably has a contact over there who can spy for him.

Ref
10/09/2003, 2:35 PM
I just saw Brian Kerr hasnt flown out to the game after all-something about the flight been delayed due to air traffic controls and as a result he wouldnt have made it.

Kerr's trip to Moscow is cancelled

10/09/2003 - 14:06:29

Republic of Ireland manager Brian Kerr’s intended trip to Moscow this morning to watch tonight’s Euro 2004 Championship qualifier between Russia and Switzerland was called off.

The jet operator, Westair, were advised prior to departure that as a result of Russian Air Traffic Control restrictions the flight would be delayed.

This delay would most likely have resulted in Kerr not making the match in time and the decision was taken not to travel.

iol.ie