PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Davey

pineapple stu
09/09/2003, 11:02 PM
Hugh scored on his debut for Northern Ireland U-21s tonight as they beat Armenia 3-1 at home. Davey, 19, started the game as a winger. The game was NI U-21s' first win in 35 months!

setanta
10/09/2003, 10:11 AM
There is a report in the Belfast Newsletter on the Northern Ireland under 21 game. It seems Hugh Davey did well - the manager's man of the match! Hope this translates back to Belfield under the new manager.
Click on http://icnorthernireland.icnetwork.co.uk/sport/ and click on "millar's lads savour win".

pete
10/09/2003, 12:23 PM
Does he get his game for youse?

Why he no play on sunday?

pineapple stu
10/09/2003, 12:40 PM
He's been ever-present for us this season except for two games -

Away v. Shels, when he was playing for the North in Windsor Park against Brazil in the Milk Cup (lost 1-0) and
Home v. Cork, when he was in the Ukraine with the North's U-21s.

He's a good player, except for an irritating tendency to hoof the ball straight up the pitch even if no-one's within twenty yards of him!

pineapple stu
10/09/2003, 1:02 PM
Slight correction - he made his debut in the Ukraine on Saturday, so the game against Armenia was his second cap.

Played well in both games by all accounts. Was on the left wing for both.

UCD_4_Life
10/09/2003, 4:17 PM
Davey would be an excellent winger if he was more consistent with his crossing.

Well done to him, anyway. (I thought he was injured for a sec, as everytime a player's name is in a thread it usually means he's been crocked)

John83
10/09/2003, 5:39 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
Davey would be an excellent winger if he was more consistent with his crossing.

Well done to him, anyway. (I thought he was injured for a sec, as everytime a player's name is in a thread it usually means he's been crocked)

:eek: Touch wood! Touch wood! :)

Schumi
11/09/2003, 1:38 PM
By the sound of the article linked above, he had a great game. It's interesting to see that they're playing him at left wing, I still can't make up my mind whether he's better at left wing or left back.

At the top of that web page, it has an ad. saying "It's the most difficult job in the world." but it's the PSNI not the Northern Ireland manager!

@ndy
16/09/2003, 10:12 AM
great

The Maverick
23/09/2003, 10:19 AM
I know Hugh from newry he is a good lad but has some messed up hair cuts. The sending off the other day was also harsh and uncalled for, but Hugh you will never be a showstopper! how many main events have you been in?! NONE! you just cant cut it in the real world of Sports Entertainment! you know this is the pretty corner so you can just take your ass some where else!

Jonny

UCD_4_Life
24/09/2003, 5:19 PM
Alan Cawley would make a GREAT heel.

He could bring a mirror onto the pitch and brag about his hair and the like. Can you imagine the reaction of the fans upon seeing Cawls stop during a throw-in to apply gel to his hair? It'd really draw in the punters that.

:o

pineapple stu
17/10/2003, 4:51 PM
Played again against Greece as they won their second competitive match in three years/in a row!!! Left-wing again. Can't find any match report yet though...

Schumi
17/10/2003, 5:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/northern_ireland/3168504.stm

Schumi
17/10/2003, 5:05 PM
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/Under21/FixturesResults/Round=1585/Match=69433/Report=RP.html

No mention of Hugh in either though.

pineapple stu
17/10/2003, 7:38 PM
Another report on that IC Network website linked above, but no mention again. Ah well...