PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Kenny

Seamus #1
09/09/2003, 9:03 PM
Did I miss something? I thought that PK was qualified to play for Ireland.

If so, why is he not in the squad?

No disrespect to Joe Murphy who is a very promising keeper but surely Kenny would merit being in the top three Irish keepers?

I think he would rival Colgan for the No. 2 spot.

I must have made a mistake because I can't think why he is still uncapped.

tiktok
09/09/2003, 9:25 PM
i would actually have thought that Kenny would have been ahead of Colgan after the move to English football. But Colgan has done well in his games. Kenny should be third choice though, he's played week in week out for a decent side for a while now, definitely deserves his shot.

Murphy will be good but he still needs to grow into it a little. for my money Kenny is already there.

pineapple stu
09/09/2003, 11:25 PM
Paddy Kenny does qualify. I remember when Kerr first called up Murphy, Kenny was mentioned, and Kerr brushed it off by saying that Joe Soap was also a contender but that didn't mean he'd get a call-up.

Don't know if there's any history there (did Kenny play underage?), but I presume Kerr's ging with Murphy 'cos he had him at underage and knows him well.

Plastic Paddy
10/09/2003, 7:59 AM
Paddy Kenny is out until after Christmas, having injured his posterior cruciate ligament a couple of weeks ago in Sheffield United's win against Crystal Palace. I hope he recovers quickly, and look forward to seeing him don an Irish shirt soon...

:D PP