PDA

View Full Version : Ireland U-21 squad announced

pineapple stu
07/08/2008, 3:08 PM
For a friendly in Vienna on Tuesday week. Bermo's in for the first time. Never even heard of Simon Madden!

Stephen Henderson (Bristol City), Shane Redmond (Nottingham Forest), Séamus Coleman (Sligo Rovers), Simon Madden (Shamrock Rovers), Eddie Nolan (Blackburn Rovers), Darren Dennehy (Cardiff City), Shane Lowry (Aston Villa), Ian Bermingham (UCD), Jimmy Ryan (Accrington Stanley), Owen Garvan (Ipswich Town), Josh O´Keefe (Blackburn Rovers), James McCarthy (Hamilton Academical), James Berrett (Huddersfield Town), Michael Spillane (Norwich City), Sean Scannell (Crystal Palace), Cillian Sheridan (Celtic), Keith Treacy (Blackburn Rovers), Alan Judge (Blackburn Rovers)

John83
07/08/2008, 3:18 PM
Well done Bermo. He's earned that.

passinginterest
07/08/2008, 3:25 PM
For a friendly in Vienna on Tuesday week. Bermo's in for the first time. Never even heard of Simon Madden!

He used to be with Leeds, only joined Rovers a few weeks ago, played in midfield in his first game or two, has played at right back in last two games and looks a very good player.

Good to see three domestic players in the squad.

HarpoJoyce
15/08/2008, 3:31 PM
Four withdrawals from the squad for Austria, Ian Bermingham...
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3427&Itemid=9
"Republic of Ireland Under-21 manager Don Givens had been forced to make four changes to his squad for next Tuesday’s friendly in Vienna against Austria.

Shane Lowry (Aston Villa), Ian Bermingham (UCD), Sean Scannell (Crystal Palace) and Cillian Sheridan (Celtic) have all been withdrawn, with Stephen Gleeson (Stockport), Michael Liddle (Sunderland), Karl Moore (Manchester City) and Andrew Jackson (St. Johnstone) drafted in......"

He was struggling to make the UCD AFC team 'cos of injury. I'm sorry he's going miss out this time, but I hope he gets a chance in the future.

DmanDmythDledge
29/08/2008, 1:28 AM
He's been named in the squad for the qualifiers against Bulgaria and Portugal.
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3491

Was surprised first that he made the squad for qualifiers but with our position in the table Givens is just treating these as friendlies.

DmanDmythDledge
02/09/2008, 1:54 PM
Pulled out again.
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3505

pineapple stu
30/09/2008, 3:30 PM
Back in the squad for a game in Lithuania this day fortnight. Seeing as he's back in the first team for us after injury, hopefully he'll finally get a run this time.

pineapple stu
14/10/2008, 4:04 PM
Bermo finally made his debut, playing 90 minutes as Ireland won 3-0.

HarpoJoyce
15/10/2008, 4:25 PM
Bermo finally made his debut, playing 90 minutes as Ireland won 3-0.

That's brilliant, I'm delighted for him. Apparently it was a solid performance from the Irish squad all round.

Of Topic:
Speaking of players playing for other teams.
There's a forlorn picture in the back of Monday's Irish Independent with Pat McWalter, head bandaged, ala WWII, with his hand out attempting to congratulate his opponents. Pat just lost the Wicklow Football Club Final with St. Patrick's against Kilternan(?). I recognised him, that's why I read the caption.

Did Alan McNally and Matt Gregg (45 mins) play in Kevin Hunt's testimonial on Sunday? If so, that committee have excellent taste.

pineapple stu
16/10/2008, 12:20 AM
Alan McNally? Paul McNally (his brother and former Bohs player) would be more likely?

Bohemian1890
16/10/2008, 1:02 AM
Alan McNally? Paul McNally (his brother and former Bohs player) would be more likely?

Both were there,only Paul played.Gregg is some singer:o:D

Schumi
16/10/2008, 9:20 AM
Gregg is some singer:o:DIs there anything he can't do?! :D