PDA

View Full Version : making the club better

Sporting Man
07/08/2008, 9:45 AM
can everyone give some idea on how we could make Sporting a better club maybe some ideas on how to drumb up more support on match days.are ticket prices to dear should we let under 16s in free, i think ideas from all supports should be taken on board when running a club, new and old. at the end of the day they are the people that sometimes see more and can see where the problems are. looking forward to replys.

Youths4Ever
07/08/2008, 10:34 AM
just had a look at your ticket prices then are not to bad. €10 - €12 for adults is more than enough in the first division. we let in the under12 for free and under 16 are a €5 thinks this help to get young lads out there and hopefully some will fall in love with the club and keep coming to games.

i could be wrong on this and maybe you have done it a major reason for our attendances is that people know the players and identify with them.
are any of the players from Fingal push this fact to show it's their local team
Maybe getting the players into summer camps schools etc would help drum up interest from kids get them before then start to follow premier league clubs. Kids pester power is major marketing tool used by some of the biggest companies in the world.

Sporting Man
07/08/2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your reply

Lamper.sffc
07/08/2008, 3:24 PM
very good ideas above.

I didnt think the idea of letting people in for free if you had a jersey was the way to go. By and large the people who had a jersey would have been going anyway, thus not attracting too many more.

We need to get the word out further. Im from Rush myself and i havnt seen any advertising for the club here.( im sure there has been some but nobody i know knows much about the club.)
Leaflets through doors, let people know we are going for promotion. Tell them to come out and support the team as we push for promotion.
Somebody in a car going around estates with a speaker announcing games just like the politicians do at election.

We need to say to would be supporters, Why just follow football abroad why not do both and pick Sporting as their irish team.
It doesnt have to be the premiership or eircom league, it can be both if people like.
Its about getting bums on seats and hopefully some will come back for more

holidaysong
07/08/2008, 3:36 PM
You have a very nice home jersey, does it sell well?

higgins
07/08/2008, 11:44 PM
Any way that you could buy a history with your money ?? :)

Seriously,
In my opinion Top of your list should be..........

..... Get out of Morton Stadium and into Swords. It ain't going to get any better in the kip you're in now.

Sporting Man
08/08/2008, 9:07 AM
Sales are not bad alot of kids have them. we give a free one each to the kids that play the half time game over 200 free so far.this way these kids wear there jersey out and 2 or 3 of there mates will want one.

Poor Student
10/08/2008, 8:44 PM
Any way that you could buy a history with your money ?? :)

Are Shelbourne flogging that too, Higgins?;)

Sporting Man
11/08/2008, 8:19 AM

Well over 60 Jerseys sold on Friday night

boovidge
12/08/2008, 2:06 PM
Definately move out of Santry. It's a complete mission to get to from where i am atm (portmarnock) via public transport

I dont think the club can move forwards until it move into a proper football ground.

boovidge
12/08/2008, 2:09 PM
Sales are not bad alot of kids have them. we give a free one each to the kids that play the half time game over 200 free so far.this way these kids wear there jersey out and 2 or 3 of there mates will want one.

There's been a sudden boom in the number of kids i see wearing SF jerseys. Usually see them with their mates who are wearing man utd or c**tic shirts.